Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

the crooked serpent with no eyes.

An Emerald Dawn.

An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow.

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.

<Strange glyphs and writing in an unknown language cover the rest of the scroll.>
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=147527/d...phlet#comments

The doomsayers are at it again in patch 7.2.5

and the crooked serpent with no eyes is Mentioned again.

THE END OF ALL THINGS

The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.

Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars.

The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone.

And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised.

<The rest of the note is illegible, covered in strange glyphs and scribbles.>
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140280/stained-pamphlet

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh.
    The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Mindflayer_Kaahrj#Quotes

at pre-legion doom's pamphlet also said the crooked serpent. Moreover Faceless boss in assault on Violet hold whispered about Crooked serpent.

What do you think the Crooked Serpent with no EYES is? Alien Old Gods? The Void Lords? or N'Zoth?
    Last edited by olddog; 2017-07-26 at 10:57 PM.

Well it's as vague as the Il'gynoth whispers really.

As for the serpent it could range from N'Zoth with other naga to even a Void Lord considering it's expression on expanse and it's nature. It could be something like Argus too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sounds like a Void or Old God-related entity, or else some form of abstraction of the same.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Aren't crooked serpents with no eyes just earthworms ? So subterran expansion confirmed ?

7+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a Loa too, like Hakkar

with all the emerald stuff, ho boy this sounds interesting

Deleted
    It's the devil.Only it has no eyes . Daredevil !

Reckon a void lord manifested or at least thats the doomsayers biggest fear (sargie would protect us from something like that etc)

Deleted
    Obviously the serpent in Gundrak

Deleted
    Dreams and Dreamer?
    No eyes? (eyes closed)
    Watches from the STARS?

Ysera confirmed Void corrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Emerald dream collapses and merges with reality maybe? It'd be a nice excuse to redo old levelling zones...

The only part that I got was "The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries." -> Azeroth lifts her voice in terror, but only Magni can hear her voice.

This is very, very interesting and cryptic stuff though. Since I don't really know of anything with that description (The Crooked Serpent with No Eyes), I'm thinking it might be something new, as in Void Lord?
    I don't think it can be N'Zoth. From what we know so far, he's underwater, not in "the endless sky".

The many allusions to a Dream also make me think that it's about a completely corrupt Emerald Dream? The "Emerald Dawn", "An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow." If I think of it in a visual way, an emerald object falling to azeroth, it could also be this crooked serpent reaching azeroth from space? Serpents are commonly depicted as green/emerald.

Could this be the first Void Lords we're going to see!?!?

EDIT: There's also a question that, if it's a Void Lord, how did he manifest? Weren't Void Lords unable to manifest in the physical world?
    EDIT 2: http://imgur.com/a/XclwR Another Doomsayer. This one, along with the ones the OP showed make me definitely think Void Lord. Only Sargeras is actively fighting against them, so for the Doomsayers to praise them I think it has something to do with that.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2017-07-26 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Well, we know it's not N'zoth as he does have eyes unless it's a metaphor for something.

"The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone." Does sound like the Shadowlands to me now that the Emerald Nightmare has been dealt with.

"It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings." Sounds like the Infinite dragonflight as they're the only ones that are remotely close to such a statement.

Though it might just be that this "crooked serpent" actually is the prime void lord and that they're building up it's story now that we know what happens to Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Obviously the serpent in Gundrak
    This was the first thing that came to my mind too.
    I want closure on that darn snake! even though it'll never happen... T_T

OT: this quote "And even the darkness howls for the light it once despised" makes it seem like a huge deal, but aren't void lords basically the embodiment of darkness? like the opposite of whatever is above the naaru on the side of light.
    I don't know why they'd phrase it like this; it makes it sound more like sargeras/the burning legion than anything since they're enemies of the darkness and the light, but they're presumably fairly out of the picture after legion.
    Last edited by Venarik; 2017-07-26 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromagrim View Post
    Dreams and Dreamer?
    No eyes? (eyes closed)
    Watches from the STARS?

Ysera confirmed Void corrupt.
    I mean yes? The Nightmare is effectly the grandchild of the Void. But she's dead.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's most likely N'zoth, he - kinda - resembles a wierdass snake.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    The "Emerald Dawn", "An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow." If I think of it in a visual way, an emerald object falling to azeroth, it could also be this crooked serpent reaching azeroth from space? Serpents are commonly depicted as green/emerald.
    Sounds like Argus appearing in the sky to me. A burning green object that isn't a sun thus not bright enough to cast shadows.

GUYSSSSS !! REMEMBER THE STAINED GLASS IMAGES IN ULDUAR?

Now I think it is indeed about N'Zoth. Y'shaarj was also depicted in another of the stained glass windows.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2017-07-26 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow.

Could mean Argus with the Felfire.

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.
    Azeroth is trying to say something but who knows what. Magni is the only one that can hear her.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    Void Lords is the only thing that makes sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Forked tongues flicker through the black pits in dead stars.
    Naga.

Could not have been more obvious.

"To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars."

-> Sky symbolism

7+ Year Old Account
    its n'zoth.

just like how the black goat with seven heads is y'shaarj.

Formerly known as Arafal