Poll: Is a stat squish needed?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruphon View Post
    I think they need to lower the damage and health... Having 1302K health and doing 145K damage is just ridiculous.
    If you can't manage a decent argument, why should you be listened to?

All i've ever seen from the non-tech-issue crowd is "silly/ridiculous/stupid", nothing with any actual substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    and all i've ever seen from the other people on this is "BUT MUH NUMBERS!!"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I remember some of the many bugs directly related to the stat squish,,, Stuff like some abilities hitting like pre squish... So no, no squish for me.
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur

Yes yes and yes. I hate the insanely high numbers we are at now. It's kind of ridiculous that we went from 200k dps on high end to 1mil+ now. I prefer smaller numbers. I don't think it needs to be like in the hundreds dps wise. But definitely not at over a million.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

I voted no, i like big numbers and imo it shouldnt of been squished before.
    I want to see chaos bolt crits in the 10's and hundred's of millions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    I voted no, i like big numbers and imo it shouldnt of been squished before.
    I want to see chaos bolt crits in the 10's and hundred's of millions.
    Go to a lvl 70 target dummy and you will be able to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Woffie View Post
    I remember some of the many bugs directly related to the stat squish,,, Stuff like some abilities hitting like pre squish... So no, no squish for me.
    Some attacks in TW Pit of Saron still hit for their regular instance values. Which pretty much means anybody over 80 can just ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone made an argument against Squish other than "MUH NUMBERS!!!" yet?

I Forget
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

I Forget
    Bugs like a few post above you, issues with lower level things (when they did the first squish they screwed up some of the mobs in leveling and they were one shotting), and most important the lack of need means it unnecessarily cuts into limited development time. You cant just cut everything by 90% and call it a day, there's a lot of tweaking and formula's to it that would take time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

I Forget
    It's extra work that serves no purpose. Given that the "for" arguments are just "MUH NUMBERS!!!" as well, i can't really see a situation where it would actually make sense, now that the technical issues that necessitated it last time have been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's extra work that serves no purpose. Given that the "for" arguments are just "MUH NUMBERS!!!" as well, i can't really see a situation where it would actually make sense, now that the technical issues that necessitated it last time have been resolved.
    The primary reason against isnt "muh numbas", its that large numbers lead to weird interactions, especially when younhave things multiplying off each other in different ways. Mudflation is shit game design.

I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of time looking for the quote so don't hold me to it, but they said 8.0 will have a stat squish. I don't remember when they confirmed this. But yes it will happen. Don't take my word for it, just wait until blizzcon when they say it again.

/thread

Balancing a game around an infinitely growing damage/health system is a nightmare.

The problem with these stat squishes is they are doing them but not learning or halting the processes that led to the need for them and so without addressing the core issues of stat grow first, these are never really going to fix the issue and will have to keep happening but it's better to keep them up rather then letting it continue.