Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Waste of the taxpayers money. Dismantle them and cut their funding, they're useless. I'd rather my taxes be saved for me instead of a state institution that is just as much a waste of money as they are a waste of oxygen.

A better headline would be: "Hero Cops Clean Up the Street".

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Exactly. Police officers risk their lives every day, they get "fuck the police" as a thank you.
    They knew the job before they took it, they weren't born to "protect and serve." It was a choice and all choices are subject to criticism, especially when their employers are looking into cutting their funding further, which is an excellent idea. Beyond that, it is a job, on that note, if they don't like it they can get a different job. Nothing is stopping them from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    A better headline would be: "Hero Cops Clean Up the Street".
    Another one unable to comprehend rule of the law. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    They knew the job before they took it, they weren't born to "protect and serve." It was a choice and all choices are subject to criticism, especially when their employers are looking into cutting their funding further, which is an excellent idea. Beyond that, it is a job, on that note, if they don't like it they can get a different job. Nothing is stopping them from it.
    Criminals knew what they were doing were illegal before they did it, they weren't born to rob and beat people. It was a choice and all choices are subject to consequences.

As for the 'it is a job, on that note, if they don't like it they can get a different job.', someone has to do it. You know what, we might not actually need cops, if people would stop being violent criminals, but we all know that is not going to stop them.

Deleted
    Hem, you should have a look at this:

Shocking footage appears to show one of the officers repeatedly using a taser on Norris while he was bound to a chair.
    .... I see what they did there

This is appalling. I don't care what this guy did or didn't do and I don't even care the the crime was victimless or not. It is the job of the police to apprehend and detain. It is NOT their job to dish out punishment in any situation for any reason.

One of the key rules of law is "Innocent until proven guilty". For all intents and purposes, they are torturing an innocent man unless he was found guilty in a court of law. Even if that was the case, that's the court systems job to find a punishment and have it enforced. Not these officers. They all need to be fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Criminals knew what they were doing were illegal before they did it, they weren't born to rob and beat people. It was a choice and all choices are subject to consequences.
    Unfortunately, there are still laws that must be adhered to when dealing with criminals, no matter what. Two wrongs do not make a right. If one is punished for breaking the law, both should. If anything, police are obligated to uphold the law, that is their job definition. Breaking the law is far more severe, being a cop and such be punished moreso, as it should, as that is not the job of civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    As for the 'it is a job, on that note, if they don't like it they can get a different job.', someone has to do it. You know what, we might not actually need cops, if people would stop being violent criminals, but we all know that is not going to stop them.
    I'm not saying that we don't need cops, I'm saying that we need cops that actually do their jobs. Many, simply are not worth what taxes are put into keeping them. As any business organization, if it cannot be upheld to a standard, it should be either altered or replaced. That is how things work in the real world and that is what should be done about it.

Dont know if its been posted but here's the video:

Stop resisting, while 3 people strap you to a chair, while 1 gags you and you arent moving or resisting at all.
    This is truly sickening.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-08-02 at 05:10 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    I'm not saying that we don't need cops, I'm saying that we need cops that actually do their jobs. Many, simply are not worth what taxes are put into keeping them. As any business organization, if it cannot be upheld to a standard, it should be either altered or replaced. That is how things work in the real world and that is what should be done about it.
    They ARE doing their jobs. You have 1,000,000 freaking police officers in your country. How many of them are bad? How many of them are bullying you when you meet them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    If they did their job they wouldn't get a "fuck you", and no, people shouldn't just blindly grovel and respect them.

They get paid for their work. They don't need "thank yous".
    Of cooourse. We know what happens when you have no police officers around. Lawless society, like it was during Ferguson "protests".
    You're free to criticize whatever you want. Don't be surprised when police officers decide to do their JOB ONLY and nothing more, after all that shit people like you are giving them. Because trust me, "protect and serve" is not their job. Their job is to come after you are murdered, so they can fill in some papers and you become part of the statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    Fuck off. You're pansying up to the police the moment a guy tougher than you scowls at you funny.

Deleted
    You're contradicting yourself. Cops already for the most part don't do anything but show up after the crime is committed, they rarely prevent crimes - thus, society wouldn't at all be lawless, since barely anything would change to begin with. Most people are still quite sane to keep everything peaceful and mostly lawful.
    I don't see any contradiction. They do more than they should.
    "Most people"
    Great. Most people are not criminals.

You know, I would be glad if you lived without them for at least a week. I'd like to see how you'd survive in a society during Ferguson protests or in New Orleans after Katrina. With no police officers around.

You're contradicting yourself. Cops already for the most part don't do anything but show up after the crime is committed, they rarely prevent crimes - thus, society wouldn't at all be lawless, since barely anything would change to begin with. Most people are still quite sane to keep everything peaceful and mostly lawful.
    Actually, their job is to arrest/detain/etc when people break crimes, they actually cannot do anything until a law has been broken. This is part of the issue, most people don't realize that is the purpose of their job. To bring criminals to justice, while they may employ preventative measures, they cannot magically prevent crimes, this isnt some movie where we have psychics telling us exactly when and where someone might commit crime.

"The police do not prevent crime. This is one of the best kept secrets of modern life. Experts know it, the police know it, but the public does not know it. Yet the police pretend that they are society's best defense against crime and continually argue that if they are given more resources, especially personnel, they will be able to protect communities against crime. This is a myth." http://www.encyclopedia.com/law/lega...on-police-role

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen or needed a cop in a few decades now. The only time I see them they're trying to be dickheads and hand out fines for stupid shit.
    So they are being dickheads, for doing their job of fining people who violate laws. FFS you are the worst type of cop basher. If they prevented crimes like you want, it would be in an authoritarian state, it would like like 1984 where everything you say and do is always monitored, so that if you are about to commit a crime they could show up.

And feel lucky you haven't needed a cop, you are privileged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    Or you just tend to hear about the bad ones.

Obviously they can't prevent the crime that occured. But it is pretty short sighted to say they rarely prevent crimes. I am sure mass murderers like Ted Bundy would have eventually stopped their murder sprees and gone on to be a fruitful members of society had they not have been captured.
    Last edited by volescue; 2017-08-02 at 06:28 PM.

so a punk criminal with weapons and drugs got what was coming to him? good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So, despite knowing there is surveillance cameras, these policemen still decided to torture this poor innocent teen. Man, they must really be dumb.

Or maybe there is more to this story. It's not like the teen got a lawyer and will probably get a cool couple of million after suing the police.
    poor innocent teen with weapons and assault charges ........ have you ever been assaulted or witnessed an assault? do you have any idea how scary violence is? these police do and they are making sure this violent offender learns a valuable lesson. you should thank them

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    He is an adult, but still a teen.. 18 is Eighteen. As for tase and adult because he wasn't complaint. He was restrained already, tasers are meant as a way to restrain suspects not punish those who aren't being compliant. If someone isn't being compliant and they are restrained you just wait till they calm the hell down. We do have this thing of "no cruel and unusual punishment." as part of our Bill of Rights.
    Ending a number in teen has nothing to do with maturity of a person. It has to do with fucking counting. 18+ You are now legally an adult, no matter if your age ends in teen or not. I've seen people under the age of being an adult, that are bigger and stronger than a lot of 'fully grown' adults. I am getting tired of this constant acting like everyone is a victim, grasping at straws why something isn't their fault or why they shouldn't have to be deal with consquences of their actions. Stop pretending that age dictates how a person should or shouldnt be handled, after a certain age you know what you are doing is right or wrong. He was past that age.

They ARE doing their jobs. You have 1,000,000 freaking police officers in your country. How many of them are bad? How many of them are bullying you when you meet them?
    Having other cops look away at brutality and misuse of their own authority is worse, in all seriousness. The whole thing needs dismantling and restructuring. "A few good ones" doesn't account for the vast majority that simply look the other way. It consumes taxes and wastes everyone's time and effort keeping it as broken and useless as it is.

Of cooourse. We know what happens when you have no police officers around. Lawless society, like it was during Ferguson "protests".
    You're free to criticize whatever you want. Don't be surprised when police officers decide to do their JOB ONLY and nothing more, after all that shit people like you are giving them. Because trust me, "protect and serve" is not their job. Their job is to come after you are murdered, so they can fill in some papers and you become part of the statistics.
    You do realize that uniformed police are responsible for the greatest number of murders accountable by any officially formed group in the US, right? Does that mean that you need police to investigate the murders made by other police? It's a broken system, it consumes everyone's money needlessly through taxes and it, in itself, creates many more problems than it solves. It's straight up useless and expensive to have people running around not doing their jobs right, causing crisis, murdering random people, and getting paid for it with our money.

Wow, i finally post the video and nobody is posting on what actually happened.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    American Police*
    Trust me, it's not just American police. When I look at certain openly visible Facebook groups made by cops for cops (mostly shitty, unfunny memes and stuff like that) you'll see some really frightening shit in the comments.