View Poll Results: Real simple do you like kids or children?

Voters
196. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Love kids!

55 28.06%
  • No, keep them away ish!

81 41.33%
  • Nah, Some kids usually the ones I know.

33 16.84%
  • None of the above (Comment Below)

27 13.78%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    There are an equal amount of selfish idiots who just pop out kids and raise more morons. And then you have the people who put their kids into the adoption system...I have a special hatred for those people. It's needless cruelty to a child if they end up getting stuck there until they're just released as barely adults and are then on their own with next to no support network.
    indeed true, I agree with your perspective.

I like my children.

Yeah, I love kids. When I am with kids, just forget everything and enjoy with them.

I don't like kids because I'm a quiet person, kids are loud, rambunctious, and hard for me to deal with because an excess of noise starts making me anxious due to issues I don't need to get into.

I'm fine with kids that have been disciplined into wind-up dolls for their parents, because they're not noisy nor do they act out, but if they're at that point, they're 95% of the time past the age where I write them off to begin with.

I also acknowledge I wouldn't be a good parent myself (and with my current relationship setup, it's physically impossible), so I'm pretty content being childless

Edit: Though thinking on it, most of it is just personal negatives from my extremely obnoxious (and frustratingly prolific) family, good parents that make good kids are always a welcome exception, but I have confirmation bias with only terribly raised hellions. Thank god I was raised by my grandparents as effectively a single-child.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-08-04 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Edit: Though thinking on it, most of it is just personal negatives from my extremely obnoxious (and frustratingly prolific) family, good parents that make good kids are always a welcome exception, but I have confirmation bias with only terribly raised hellions. Thank god I was raised by my grandparents as effectively a single-child.
    I was pretty much "a good kid" and had quite stringent parents.

Still, when my friend and I were playing things got loud.
    Probably way louder than I would be comfortable with now, since living alone for 10 years made me pretty sensitive to sound, esp human voices.

There is no such thing as an always quiet, perfect child. If there were I'd be worried about it.

Regarding the flight discussion earlier: seriously, you people are ridiculous, demanding that small children stay at home etc. Buy yourself some plugs/cans and get over yourself.

Deleted
    Small kids create small problems - big kids create big problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'll post my controversial opinion. People who dont want to have kids ever, were failed by their own parents. Your father/mother, their fathers/mothers, all the way up to the first single celled organism, has successfully reproduced. The genetic line ends with you. Yes, you may have brothers or sisters and so the family line doesnt die out, but you were a genetic failure, biologically speaking. Also, i have found most people that dont want to have kids are still kids themselves, at least mentally. If you have problems and a doctor has advised that having kids is dangerous, or you are infertile, than I give you a pass. Still a genetic failure from a biological point of view, but at least thats not your fault.
    You can have your opinion but you are wrong. My parents did not fail me in any way and I consider them both to be not only my parents but two of my best friends as well. They are both amazing, caring people who raised me to be an independent and responsible person.

I cannot have children right now due to medical reasons. I am on medication which is extremely dangerous for a fetus at any stage and I would need to be off of it for at least a year before getting pregnant and the entire pregnancy, mean while my body would be attacking its self and eating all my joints. From onset of pain to my first doctors appointment 6 months later I was almost unable to open and close my hands I hurt so much. I cannot be without medication.

However, even if I could have children I would not want them, I have never wanted them. I don't care about my genetic line, I have plenty of cousins and they have had children so my family name will not die out. I have also spent a good part of my life with my mother as a care taken to my grandmother. From age 18-29 my mother and I took care of my grandmother who had dementia. It's like having a child but an adult frail body. I had cook,clean, take her places, do her laundry, take care of her house and yard and take care of her wounds after many falls/injuries. I spent a good part of my free time at those ages caring for her so that she could stay in the home she loved. She moved into a NH at the very end of her life, where I watched her slowly die. Now, I just want to enioy my life with my husband. I have done my care taking and will do it again when my parents are older and need help.

I am also in no way mentally a kid. I finished graduate school with a 4.0 average all while taking full time classes (12 credits), working, doing an ongoing internship, taking care of my own house and taking care of my grandmother in hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    You can have your opinion but you are wrong. My parents did not fail me in any way and I consider them both to be not only my parents but two of my best friends as well. They are both amazing, caring people who raised me to be an independent and responsible person.

I cannot have children right now due to medical reasons. I am on medication which is extremely dangerous for a fetus at any stage and I would need to be off of it for at least a year before getting pregnant and the entire pregnancy, mean while my body would be attacking its self and eating all my joints. From onset of pain to my first doctors appointment 6 months later I was almost unable to open and close my hands I hurt so much. I cannot be without medication.

However, even if I could have children I would not want them, I have never wanted them. I don't care about my genetic line, I have plenty of cousins and they have had children so my family name will not die out. I have also spent a good part of my life with my mother as a care taken to my grandmother. From age 18-29 my mother and I took care of my grandmother who had dementia. It's like having a child but an adult frail body. I had cook,clean, take her places, do her laundry, take care of her house and yard and take care of her wounds after many falls/injuries. I spent a good part of my free time at those ages caring for her so that she could stay in the home she loved. She moved into a NH at the very end of her life, where I watched her slowly die. Now, I just want to enioy my life with my husband. I have done my care taking and will do it again when my parents are older and need help.

I am also in no way mentally a kid. I finished graduate school with a 4.0 average all while taking full time classes (12 credits), working, doing an ongoing internship, taking care of my own house and taking care of my grandmother in hers.
    Education does not equal mentality. I'm glad you feel the way you do. People who dont want kids shouldn't have them. However, im still sticking to my opinion. Its just an opinion. You can call it wrong, ill call it right. We can agree to disagree and you can just think of me as an asshole if you wish.

@ellieg :

Crap, are you serious? Biological failure? #allofmywhat

I had a fine childhood, have a 4 year degree, and a good job. I moved back in with my widowed mother after my father passed away and I got a divorce a few months later. So in addition to my job, I help my mother (who is partially disabled) with household tasks. Oh, not to mention the fact that I'm also dating a woman who works for Verizon and has her own home cleaning/staging business on the side.

The genetic line ends with me? Protip: I don't give a sht. I have no responsibility to a set of genes. What a ridiculous concept. 2 things I have to do: pay taxes, and die. Everything else is negotiable.

Why don't I want to father children? Put simply: Things that drain my time and money had better either be fun or mandatory, or I won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    @ellieg :

Crap, are you serious? Biological failure? #allofmywhat

I had a fine childhood, have a 4 year degree, and a good job. I moved back in with my widowed mother after my father passed away and I got a divorce a few months later. So in addition to my job, I help my mother (who is partially disabled) with household tasks. Oh, not to mention the fact that I'm also dating a woman who works for Verizon and has her own home cleaning/staging business on the side.

The genetic line ends with me? Protip: I don't give a sht. I have no responsibility to a set of genes. What a ridiculous concept. 2 things I have to do: pay taxes, and die. Everything else is negotiable.

Why don't I want to father children? Put simply: Things that drain my time and money had better either be fun or mandatory, or I won't do it.
    Like i have said. Thats perfectly fine that you "dont give a shit". But biologically speaking, you are a failure. You have a fitness level of 0. Im not talking about who you are as a person. Stop taking it personally.

Kids are like dogs, cute and cutely as babies but too much of a nightmare while growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Kids are great!
    Teens, not so much.
    But kids, are just great!

Like i have said. Thats perfectly fine that you "dont give a shit". But biologically speaking, you are a failure. You have a fitness level of 0. Im not talking about who you are as a person. Stop taking it personally.
    Look, you want that person to stop taking personally the fact that you call him a failure? Regardless of the specifications, it's not something people enjoy being called. Or at least, I have yet to find someone who won't raise eyebrows being called that. Perception is reality to most, if not all people. I mean, sure, however he takes it is not your problem per se, but you can't blame him for calling you out on that either.

But personally, I'm sure you DO know that, and that you use that as a covert way to attack him while "not attacking him".
    Last edited by McTroll; 2017-08-04 at 08:46 PM. Reason: brainfart, wrote "start" instead of "stop"

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Look, you want that person to stop taking personally the fact that you call him a failure? Regardless of the specifications, it's not something people enjoy being called. Or at least, I have yet to find someone who won't raise eyebrows being called that. Perception is reality to most, if not all people. I mean, sure, however he takes it is not your problem per se, but you can't blame him for calling you out on that either.

But personally, I'm sure you DO know that, and that you use that as a covert way to attack him while "not attacking him".
    Ok. biologically he is a failure though. Biologically our only purpose to reproduce and create offspring. Thats all im saying on that aspect. Now the "mentality of a kid" ? Yes thats me attacking with some personal judgement.

Deleted
    Depends on the individual kid(s), as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    !1 pages mostly hateful answers, calling kids parasites, monster, evil etc by people who generally think that everyone else beside themselves are shit.
    Thank god that you won't have kids (most likely) so you won't pass your idiot-genes your parents passed to you to another human being

Ok. biologically he is a failure though. Biologically our only purpose to reproduce and create offspring. Thats all im saying on that aspect. Now the "mentality of a kid" ? Yes thats me attacking with some personal judgement.
    keep your self-righteous appeals to biology to yourself and the people unfortunate enough to breed with or be bred from you

My child is great and wonderful, everyone else's is a bit... well... meh.

Having kids is overrated imo. I'm still way to young to even think about producing one, but from what I see from most of the families I know they are completely exhausted with their kids. They barely get to live their own life, all they do is work and then having to raise their little brats who won't give them a second of rest. They are expensive and life consuming. I also hate having them around when I visit my nephews, they are always being so loud and obnoxious.