[macro] Lazy Disc DPS for DPS or heals in easy 5 mans

If you aren't under pressure to do huge dps and just want something simple to play disc as, I use these two macros:

This macro is bound to your 1 key:

/castsequence Shadow Word: Pain, Penance, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite
    /castsequence Power Word: Solace, Divine Star

This macro is bound to your 2 key:

/cast [@focus] Power Word: Shield

Set your focus to yourself (or your tank if in a 5 man)

If you are specced into Purged the Wicked and Schism, the first macro would look like this:

/castsequence Schism, Purge the Wicked, Penance, Smite
    /castsequence Power Word: Solace

I also put Power Word: Barrier and Pain Suppression on F1 and F2.

Alternatively,

/castsequence Shadow Word: Pain, Penance, Smite

And then Put Smite on your 3 key and hit it when your 1 key is not off cooldown
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-07-04 at 06:21 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you aren't under pressure to do huge dps and just want something simple to play disc as, I use these two macros:

If you are specced into Purged the Wicked and Schism, the first macro would look like this:

isnt this actually worse than spamming smite? you cast shadow word pain eveyr 4rth use of the 1st macro, and are essentially wasting many gcds, whilst a simple smite spam with sanctuary might net you more dps and heal through absorption with sanctuary talent in the end.

i know the title says lazy but this is just

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    isnt this actually worse than spamming smite? you cast shadow word pain eveyr 4rth use of the 1st macro, and are essentially wasting many gcds, whilst a simple smite spam with sanctuary might net you more dps and heal through absorption with sanctuary talent in the end.

i know the title says lazy but this is just
    I'm not a fan of smite spam for a lazy macro. I modified the macro and threw in some extra smite for you. I prefer the mobility penance
    Divine Star, and Solace offers. All too often when healing 5 mans, the instance throws crap under your feet, so I prefer instant casts where I can get them. I just healed maw with this macro and I had swirlys under my feet and tentacles and helya was breathing everywhere. Its the opposite of lazy to spam smite.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Yeah, this is just....kinda horribly bad.

Literally spamming Smite nonstop would be higher dps/hps.

If you're so "lazy" that you can't be arsed to push more than 2 buttons, I'd suggest playing Farmville instead of WoW.

Farmville is fun mmk?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, don't use this even in 5 man dungeons. If you do, at least don't use in high level mythics+.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

The general purple of this macro is:

1. For mindless questing
    2. To give me a button to spam while i focus on mechanics on a boss

Ideally, you dont want ANY spell with a cast time while you do mechanics. It should all be instacast. I just threw some smites at the end because someone wanted smites. This obviously isnt for tunnelling DPS.

The mindset here is: ok, im focused on mechanics so i just want 1 button to spam that has a castsequence of instant spells while i do that.

Are people really upset i made a macro for lazy dps and that its not built to be a dps tunnel? Is this real life?
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-07-07 at 02:58 PM.

The general purple of this macro is:

1. For mindless questing
    2. To give me a button to spam while i focus on mechanics on a boss

Ideally, you dont want ANY spell with a cast time while you do mechanics. It should all be instacast. I just threw some smites at the end because someone wanted smites. This obviously isnt for tunnelling DPS.

The mindset here is: ok, im focused on mechanics so i just want 1 button to spam that has a castsequence of instant spells while i do that.

Are people really upset i made a macro for lazy dps and that its not built to be a dps tunnel? Is this real life?
    What people are trying to say is that its silly to make a macro to do a mediocre-to-bad job of the gameplay, when you can achieve a better contribution by simply spamming 1 spell. Its the same pressing of buttons, its much less complex to setup and performs better. The only thing served by your macro is some illusion of doing more than simply smiting - which you are, its just that under the circumstances its worse - so in essence the end contribution is less.

Also the idea of 1 button so i focus on mechanics, sounds more like you are bored and trying to find something to get yourself busy with. Like an illusion of doing something, for the sake of doing it, while doing it wrong. I am sorry if i sound overly critical but i think its a precise description.

/castsequence Shadow Word: Pain, Penance, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

Alternatively,

And then Put Smite on your 3 key and hit it when your 1 key is not off cooldown

this is quite bad, BUT what you should do if your intent on going down this road is change the macro to look like this.

#showtooltip Penance
    /castsequence reset=8 Penance, smite, smite, smite, smite, smite
    /cast !Penance

This way the sequence resets before penance comes off cooldown and the second line makes sure its cast asap on proc from say belt. Also took out SWP/PtW as its a waste doing it every rotation like you had and a waste of mana. Remember your going to plea inbetween Penance casts so you may not always use all smites but the macro will set so it should cast when Penance comes off cooldown.

The reason if your gonna use a macro like you tried to build you have to use the reset command or you could potentially have Penance off cooldown and not cast it for many seconds because you have not finished the smite casts.

If you really want to play with macro surely picking some dps class is better than a healer, not to mention that way you don't risk screwing things up by not healing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    If you really want to play with macro surely picking some dps class is better than a healer, not to mention that way you don't risk screwing things up by not healing properly.
    this is true however people will play with macros like that so i gave a better proper workable macro, because they will just do it anyway. You never know they could be in a LFR near you soon lol

Use this at the start of your macros so you don't clip penance.

/stopmacro [channeling:Penance]

And if lazy is required, you should just get GSE: Gnome Sequencer Enhanced and give up. My own 5 man macro.