Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Insults between the Night Elves & Blood Elves

Greetings,

so this is just a little silly thread but something bugged me about the quest in Suramar that involves removing insults in the camps of the Night and Blood Elves. The replacement sunwell and the mount joke I found surprisingly funny but my issue lies with the troll ancestor insults. The Blood Elves are making fun the Night Elves saying that their ancestors are Trolls. Aren't they also the ancestors of the Blood Elves? It's also a little strange because it disrespects the Trolls and yet both the Trolls and Blood Elves belong to the Horde. The Night Elves I'd imagine would just respond saying 'Well you also have Troll ancestors...and you're allied with them'

Is my lore messed up?

Well the Thalassian elves are bit higher up, being descended from Highborne which were a subset of kaldorei which were direct descendants of dark trolls. They're still all technically the descendents of trolls.

It should also be noted that many nelves and h/belves generally don't like to be seen as similar to one another even though their differences are more ideological than physical. Darnassian and Thalassian are probably mutually intelligible in-lore as well.

i think blood elves are more scientifically minded and wouldn't mind the evolution idea.

it's night elves that believe they're made in the image of their goddess, and would take great insult at the thought of being evolved from trolls.

so, it's not really that they don't think they're descended from trolls too, it's more a mockery of the night elven inability to accept the truth.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The night elves believe they are in the image of elune. So it insults them more.

Edit: beaten to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

As stated, the Blood Elves are more scientifically minded. Like the Dwarves, they have their eyes on history, thanks to the Reliquary. And they have lost a lot of their bias against Trolls, thanks to their alliance with the Darkspear. As such, they are likely to be much more open-minded in accepting that they are an offshoot of Trolls. Plus, there's the religious part, others mentioned.

Deleted
    Ah of course. That's interesting. It makes me like the Blood Elves more than my fellow Night Elves.

It's kind of like today's racism where people point out how aboriginals and African tribesmen look very primate. Despite the fact we are all descendant of primates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so, it's not really that they don't think they're descended from trolls too, it's more a mockery of the night elven inability to accept the truth.
    Precisely. Historically it's Night Elves that always adamantly denied their Troll ancestry, not Blood Elves, all the while believing to be the spawn of some deity. Which means it makes a lot of sense to aim at the Night Elf's stubborn delusions on the matter as target of mockery.

If anything is rather surprising that there's anyone aware of this ancestry in the first place. Decent proof of the Blood Elf's scholarly habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well, blood elves are allies and friends to the trolls. Even more-so since the Isle of Thunder and Garrosh. Especially being as long a part of the Horde as the sin'dorei are now, their heritage is a point of celebration, camaraderie, and of morale on the battle-field as I interpreted it. I would sooner believe a blood elf and troll clasp shoulders and grasp hands in salutations and salute than froth at the prospect of being related. They're all Horde now. And Horde has to stick together - like tribe, like family. (Possibly one day, literally.)

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Well, blood elves are allies and friends to the trolls. Even more-so since the Isle of Thunder and Garrosh. Especially being as long a part of the Horde as the sin'dorei are now, their heritage is a point of celebration, camaraderie, and of morale on the battle-field as I interpreted it. I would sooner believe a blood elf and troll clasp shoulders and grasp hands in salutations and salute than froth at the prospect of being related. They're all Horde now. And Horde has to stick together - like tribe, like family. (Possibly one day, literally.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    [img]https://orig07.deviantart.net/de58/f/2010/221/5/8/you_blood_elves_be_so_tiny_by_yapi.jpg[img]
    Away with you! Don't encourage it!

I can hear @Ramz and @Zulkhan both dry heaving.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Away with you! Don't encourage it!

I can hear @Ramz and @Zulkhan both dry heaving.
    And you're damn right. I hate this ridiculous combo that makes no sense and which should be biologically impossible. Come on! Guy's hand is of the size of female's chest! no belfie could possibly survive encounter with troll dude >.>

even in SotH it was written that trolls can easily break human's bones just by grabbing them.

Massive for idiots that create this content.

/rant out.

And no belves aren't friends to trolls, they're allied but they both have their own agenda going for them. Isle of Thunder proves nothing.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And you're damn right. I hate this ridiculous combo that makes no sense and which should be biologically impossible. Come on! Guy's hand is of the size of female's chest! no belfie could possibly survive encounter with troll dude >.>

even in SotH it was written that trolls can easily break human's bones just by grabbing them.

Massive for idiots that create this content.

/rant out.

And no belves aren't friends to trolls, they're allied but they both have their own agenda going for them. Isle of Thunder proves nothing.
    You know this reminds me of the time I ran into a half-kaldorei, half-Zandalari while role-playing in Stormwind...

Never understood the obsession with troll-elf relationships and half-trolls.

Granted this is coming from me, a guy who roleplays both a half-elf and a furbolg (pandaren shaman FTW), so I guess we all have our weird preferences.

i want to see what all the half-breed possibilities actually look like.

half-troll/half-elf(either nelf or h/belf), half-draenei/half-whatever(that half-draenei/half-ogre fan art from a while back was fucking amazing).

half-elf/half-human is boring, but i still want to see proper models for them.

10+ Year Old Account

half-troll/half-elf(either nelf or h/belf), half-draenei/half-whatever(that half-draenei/half-ogre fan art from a while back was fucking amazing).

Kalec runs around as a half elf. Hes into humiliation or something.

There was apparently a half night elf/troll but he or she was killed iirc.
    Holy shit lol

You know this reminds me of the time I ran into a half-kaldorei, half-Zandalari while role-playing in Stormwind...

Never understood the obsession with troll-elf relationships and half-trolls.

Granted this is coming from me, a guy who roleplays both a half-elf and a furbolg (pandaren shaman FTW), so I guess we all have our weird preferences.
    Well people have those fucked up fetishes, they don't care if it makes sense or is even physically possible to do. They just want to do it for the sake of doing it.

Otherwise they'd know that both trolls and elves are extremely racist, their shared history is only about mutual violence, their cutoms and culture aren't really compatibile because neither group is keen on sharing it's secrets. Both groups have special social status to keep up, and trolls especially - it was a problem for them to keep good relation between tribes, and you expectem them to be okay with pinkskin? Complete outsider? That their tribe would be okay with it?

Another thing is lifespan, if belfie outlives her "exotical lover" will she immediatly switch to another? xD

How about need to reproduce? Trolls are fixated on strenght, they chose mates based on the fact how strong it is therefore providing strong offspring, and not some wierd weakened up abomination that resembles neither parent.

You don't see lions mixing up with cheetaths despite being in cats family. You don't see various birds mixing up with another species despite being in bird family.

Just because belves are like third mutation of troll doesn't mean they're compatibile with them, and they want to have anything to do with it.

Heck even in 4.1. when Vol'Jin came to warn blood elves they were still super souspicious of him just because he was a troll. And trolls and elves are ancinet enemies.

How the hell Zandalari could pass on anything that isn't Zandalari? When they have low regard for other troll species let alone some mutated freaks. Only Khal'ak was different as she had hots for Vol'Jin but this is how far troll cross-racial imo should go. Or with sand and jungle troll. But not with completely different specie.

People forget that each race should have completely different beauty standarts, just because we pleayers think that something looks hot/ cute doesn't mean the race we play could find it to be good looking.

But then again Blizzard really doesn't help. I wish they were more serious about the lore of races and their customs. But I lost any hope the moment they hooked Jaina with a dragon >.>
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Kalec runs around as a half elf. Hes into humiliation or something.

There was apparently a half night elf/troll but he or she was killed iirc.
    yeah, i know all the half breeds. i just want them to actually get a proper model for them.

i'm super interested in the looks of races, it's quite fascinating to me.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean really, i'm interested in all the biological facts of every single race, half breeds or pure blood. i want to know their lifespans, their variations, their sexual compatibility, every single biological fact i can know.

i wish they would make a chronicle dedicated to detailing all of this. not just mortal races either, demons and others too.

I don't mind halfbreeds as long as they make sense and aren't just played up to be special snowflakes. Half-elves, half-dwarves (actually met one in SW) and maybe dwarf/gnome are feasible considering they've lived together for centuries.

I draw the line at tauren/trolls or orc/pandaren.

Even then, most halfbreeds aren't gonna grow up with normal lives. My half-elf mage (in RP) grew up in seclusion because his mother refused to destroy him and was pretty much discarded by her family.

I don't mind halfbreeds as long as they make sense and aren't just played up to be special snowflakes. Half-elves, half-dwarves (actually met one in SW) and maybe dwarf/gnome are feasible considering they've lived together for centuries.

I draw the line at tauren/trolls or orc/pandaren.

Even then, most halfbreeds aren't gonna grow up with normal lives. My half-elf mage (in RP) grew up in seclusion because his mother refused to destroy him and was pretty much discarded by her family.
    eh, i don't even care if we actually see half breed characters. i just want models for them, to see what they look like.

and then like a racial phylogeny and general biology book that goes into agonizing detail that like no other person but me would be interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, i don't even care if we actually see half breed characters. i just want models for them, to see what they look like.

and then like a racial phylogeny and general biology book that goes into agonizing detail that like no other person but me would be interested in.
    If the book is made you can bet your ass 50000 high elf and half elf threads will pop up. Blizzard did say half elves are so rare though that they didn't feel the need to write them lifespans
    Holy shit lol