Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    They are counting Arthas "killing" her as a death, in chronicle it states this however, its a continuity error (RED SHIRT GUY!) Because Sylvanas never actually "Died" at the hands of Arthas she was at deaths door, "Finish it, I deserve a clean death." Arthas inevitably ripped the soul out of her body. But Chronicle states that she died, so.... Bitch is ded
    Uh, no?

Anyone who actually reads knows Sylvanas died and Arthas yanked her back from the afterlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Didn't Before the Storm say that Sylvanas considered herself a different person from when she was alive? I can't check at the moment, but I could have sworn reading a passage of the book were it is made a stark distinction between High Elf Sylvanas and Banshee Queen Sylvanas.
    Still kinda forced imo. So just because she considers herself a new person, the old gods respect that feeling and agree with that stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Still kinda forced imo. So just because she considers herself a new person, the old gods respect that feeling and agree with that stance?
    Same thing with Alleria then. Just because she wrongly believes she died once, the Old Gods respect that feeling and agree with that stance?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    There wasn't anything patient about what sylvanas is doing. She is pretty much moving forward all the time while the person in varimarthas quotes is supposedly working in the backgrounds.
    There is difference arguing with fact rather than opinions, your arguments are full of opinions instead of facts.
    You argued it fits Tyrande, who especially showed impatience in recent depictions. Be it MoP with this one shitty scenario or the battle of Darkshore.

So yeah right back at you matey
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Azshara is reaching because she has never literally or figuratively died, she was just transformed once. Alleria hasn't either, but was transformed twice essentially, and outright states that she considers herself to have died twice. Alleria still isn't my top contender, but you can't just ignore her dialogue or claim her transformation is less significant than Azshara's. Considering how much Alleria struggles to fight off the whispers, her transformation could probably be considered more devastating than Aszhara's.

In order of likelihood, per my opinion: Azeroth, Slyvanas, Alleria, Azshara.
    What does Alleria consider her 2 deaths? I know of the Naruu cinematic but what was the one before that? When her family was slaughtered by the orcs?

Perhaps we're all looking at this too literally. Does any lore characters have kids or close family? For instance, Turalyon, Arator die then Alleria? Her first two deaths were her husband and child then her? I hope this isn't true because I've loved her character and Turalyon since WC2(yes I actually played it when it came out).
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Alleria considers her first "death" being stranded on the dying Draenor/Twisting Nether and losing hope of ever seeing her son again.

Alleria says in Stormwind, while talking to Turalyon " ... Sometimes I feel like I have already died twice. Once when we were presumed lost on Draenor and again when gripped by the shadow of the fallen naaru."

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-in-patch-735/ (there's the video)

This might still be a misdirection, because we also have Tyrande talking about the two times Azeroth got shattered and how she hopes she won't see a third time and of course all the other guesses. But I do think it's a hint that those 'deaths' are not to be taken that literally and it's supposed to be more about a transformation of some kind or very impactful changes within a person's life.

A bit like it seems 'drowning' doesn't mean actual drowning, because we have all kinds of 'drowned priests' and whatnot running around in Kul Tiras that are perfectly fine, but have undergone a ritual in the service of N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    She could indeed died before her or even during the transformation. Also the second time, she does look like she clearly died here and Nzoth brought her back to live. Then we should not forget, that even if she didnt died in the warbringers, it could count as a dead in the same way it did for Alleria. Metaphorical
    I agree. Metaphorically, yes, both times could have been deaths. I personally don't believe she died becoming a Naga because the cinematic clearly shows her screaming out in pain the entire time she's transforming, something a dead person can't exactly do. As for the Eternal Palace, I'm more inclined to accept she actually died there, but I definitely still view it as her just passing out.

I'm not saying 100% it's Sylvanas being talked about, but I definitely find the argument for her being the person they're talking about dying 3 times and ushering in a change to be a more compelling argument.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Azshara is reaching because she has never literally or figuratively died, she was just transformed once. Alleria hasn't either, but was transformed twice essentially, and outright states that she considers herself to have died twice. Alleria still isn't my top contender, but you can't just ignore her dialogue or claim her transformation is less significant than Azshara's. Considering how much Alleria struggles to fight off the whispers, her transformation could probably be considered more devastating than Aszhara's.

In order of likelihood, per my opinion: Azeroth, Slyvanas, Alleria, Azshara.
    I still think its Aszhara 100% because in a way Aszhara has "died" twice in N'zoth's eyes. Once when she drowned in the ocean and second by our hands in the raid. If N'zoth never interfered in both of those moments she would be flat out dead. He is playing the long con, and we, including Magni and Aszhara, are all his pawns.

I feel like it's either Sylvanas or Azshara.

Sylvanas because in the Windrunner short story it's made clear the Void is scared of her, saying she serves the true enemy. Whatever that is. So it makes sense for her death to usher in their coming. Also BFA is clearly two separate stories, one about Sylvanas and one about N'zoth, so it would make sense for them to come together at the end.

Aszhara because it makes the most sense technically. If the next expansion is void-based, then this third death would have to happen at the end of BFA, and they've said we would know the expansions final boss by the end of BFA. It's clearly either Aszhara reborn or N'Zoth, and it doesn't make sense for it to be N'zoth when he should be super powerful now when he is released, and kind of deserves his own expansions with nyalotha and everything.

I'm starting to think this quote shall be ignored entirely from now on.
    There are so many Litteral and Metaphorical deaths, that when the "real plan" will unveil, there will be someone somewhere who "died" (figuratively or really) for the third time.

That's not even a prophecy at this point. Any scrub can die in 8.3/8.4/9.0 and you'll find some far-fetched explanations that this was his/her third death !!