Iliza Shlesinger: Elder Millenial - absolutely fucking funny

So I'm always on the lookout for good comedians, especially free ones on Netflix. Dave Chappelle's specials were awesome and I always love Jim Gaffigan. I pulled up Netflix today not knowing what I wanted to watch and they were featuring a new comedian I've never head of called Iliza Shlesinger. The preview clips looked good, so I decided to give it a go. I'm about 30 minutes in and this woman is fucking hilarious. I gotta give her props and a huge recommendation.

In short, she puts "comedians" like Amy Schumer and Michelle Wolf to shame.

Anyone else seen this special?
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2018-07-24 at 08:07 AM.

Maybe she's gotten better, haven't watched the special you're talking about, but I tried watching one of her earlier ones a while ago and she was doing the really hacky comedian thing where she'd repeat a phrase over and over to fill space like "you know", sort of begging for laughs and/or applause (Whitney Cummings is a really obvious example of what I'm talking about). I couldn't make it past 15 minutes of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Maybe she's gotten better, haven't watched the special you're talking about, but I tried watching one of her earlier ones a while ago and she was doing the really hacky comedian thing where she'd repeat a phrase over and over to fill space like "you know", sort of begging for laughs and/or applause (Whitney Cummings is a really obvious example of what I'm talking about). I couldn't make it past 15 minutes of that.
    Yeah, I didn't notice anything like that. I'd give it a go - if you're not laughing 15 minutes in like I was, it's probably not for you.

Deleted
    Fun fact: Iliza Shlesinger's JRE episode is one of most disliked and downvoted in JRE history, if not the most.

With rave reviews such as this:
    Ive been so happy to listen to Joe present alternative angles to every possible viewpoint......with the exception of this podcast.
    WORST.
    JRE.
    EPISODE.
    EVER.
    the worst jre episode of all time.
    I gave this podcast a second try and it was more tolerable this time. The trick is to turn the sound off and just read the comments.
    i don't know if she knows how entitled she sounds.
    Wow she is really smug.
    Rarely have I seen a more uninformed, arrogant and self-centered person. This was frustrating and painful to listen to. I couldn't get all the way through it.
    She represents everything wrong with today's society.
    Sounds like an amazing person. I bet she's super funny too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Fun fact: Iliza Shlesinger's JRE episode is one of most disliked and downvoted in JRE history, if not the most.

To be fair joe rogan's show is horrendous the the people who watch it shouldn't be allowed to give their opinions on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    She has an awesome body, but that's about it. Watched one of her shows halfway through, it wasn't good.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't going to check out the special but if Joe Rogan fans hate her, she's probably amazing.
    disco inferno

With rave reviews such as this:

I mean, I can't speak for anything except her Elder Millennial special on Netflix. I thought it was hilarious and better than average. Maybe she got way better for this special, and maybe she's just a terrible interviewee. Maybe everything else she's done is horseshit, I don't know. I'd never heard of her before last night before watching her special on impulse.

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this one is better than her old ones? I really didnt like her old specials.

I remember when Kevin Hart was objectively hot garbage and now he is one of the highest billed comedians...so performers can evolve.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched it. Had some funny parts. Some stuff made me roll my eyes. Overall meh, nothing special.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

She won Last Comic Standing, then got all the manbabies (like the type who watch Joe Rogan's show) upset because she....I don't remember, but I believe she talked about an abusive ex-boyfriend publicly? And all the idiots out there were like, "Cry me a river, you can't be abused if you're in a relationship!" or something.

Deleted
    Here's another time Shlesinger got some people upset:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/iliza...t-go-well.html

A) That article isn't why Joe Rogan's audience hates her, B) the only female comedian I recognized on the list of people criticizing her was Chelsea Peretti, out of like, a dozen, and C) she said that lowbrow humor sucks and has little depth, even when it's females talking about their vaginas instead of men talking about their dicks.