Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The First of the Dead new meta?

I see more and more high parses with the gloves recently, even players that used bracers before getting higher parses with it. Is it the new BiS for single target?

IIRC an apl change made gloves sim higher then wrists so yeah probs.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    IIRC an apl change made gloves sim higher then wrists so yeah probs.
    When did this change happen? Raidbots sims me significantly lower(~100k) with gloves than boots(i dont have bracers). However it sais that it uses the latest, weekly simc version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rilo View Post
    When did this change happen? Raidbots sims me significantly lower(~100k) with gloves than boots(i dont have bracers). However it sais that it uses the latest, weekly simc version.
    Try using the nightly build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Try using the nightly build
    I cant right now, because im at work. I will try it when I get home. Thanks for the information.

Yeah always use the nightly build. Afaik maybe 2-3weeks(ish) the apl change happened. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, I only alt a Rogue so I'm not in the discord too much.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Bracers vs. Gloves depends on the items you'd put in those slots, it's not straight up "Gloves are better". You should also sim trinkets with higher item level than CoF when trying Gloves, as you don't need CoF if you're not playing Bracers. There are a number of variables whether you use Bracers or Gloves. Use the top gear function on Raidbots to sim your possible combinations of gear.

Mantle/gloves without cof is in fact simming highest for me. Beating mantle/wrists+cof by a good bit. Does anyone know the proper rotation for this? I get the gist I think, i guess im mostly not sure when I would pop vanish. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    Mantle/gloves without cof is in fact simming highest for me. Beating mantle/wrists+cof by a good bit. Does anyone know the proper rotation for this? I get the gist I think, i guess im mostly not sure when I would pop vanish. Thank you.
    in the opener, you just SB, SS, NB, SOD, Shd, SS, Evis, SS, SS, Vanish / DFA.
    Unlike the normal opener with SB, SS, NB, SOD, Shd, SS, SS, Evis, SS, Vanish / SS, DFA

The use is simple. if you Have 5-6 CP going into SoD. Then Sod, Evis, BS, DFA.
    If you have 0 - 1 CP going into SOD. Then SOD, BS, DFA

There is a grey area of what if 2-4 CP going into SOD. its a bit users discretion here. is your finality buff up?, is it worth losing CP, or wasting time to delay SOD. its a bit hard to identify how to use this area correctly. but general rule I stick with is, if no finality buff, then just SOD, Evis, creates Evis Finality buff, BS, DFA. If you already have Finality and only need 1-2 more BS to get to 5 cp. then cast BS and delay SoD for 1- 2 seconds. else just SOD, evis, bs.

Thanks much. Stronger and simpler, outstanding.

Deleted
    hands gameplay is pretty fun too

Deleted
    I have 945 wrists and set gloves, so its the vigor ring for me that sims highest.

Since the bracers nerf I have always favored the hands, but unfortunately I don't have them. I'd also play with Preperation so you always get the full benefit out of the 2 seconds.

Id love some second opinions on the opener with mantle/gloves. Not saying scrubrogue is wrong, but a consult never hurts. I am at full or very close to full energy after the initial nb and seem to be wasting the return energy from symbols. My opener before with wrists was sb>ss>nb>dance>ss>sod>ss>evis>ss>vanish>ss>dfa>dance(on the way down)>ss>ss>evis>ss, and while some disagreed many were doing the same. Might there be a way to use symbols to better utilize the energy return with gloves as well? I tried a bunch on the dummy last night for a few hours, and the 2s buff from gloves is TIGHT(maybe it should be "your next backstab or ss after using symbols..." instead of the 2s thing, but its not so here we are). Anyways would love to hear what everyone thinks. Thanks rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    Id love some second opinions on the opener with mantle/gloves. Not saying scrubrogue is wrong, but a consult never hurts. I am at full or very close to full energy after the initial nb and seem to be wasting the return energy from symbols. My opener before with wrists was sb>ss>nb>dance>ss>sod>ss>evis>ss>vanish>ss>dfa>dance(on the way down)>ss>ss>evis>ss, and while some disagreed many were doing the same. Might there be a way to use symbols to better utilize the energy return with gloves as well? I tried a bunch on the dummy last night for a few hours, and the 2s buff from gloves is TIGHT(maybe it should be "your next backstab or ss after using symbols..." instead of the 2s thing, but its not so here we are). Anyways would love to hear what everyone thinks. Thanks rogues.
    I used the opener what ScrubRouge wrote in yesterday raid(other rogues use the same opener as i checked the logs) and I found it very powerful. Even managed to go in the top 10 parse on mythic Goroth with it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    well this is interesting, i will have to give it a try when i get bracers and another trinket. I absolutely hate the way sub plays with DfA, so maybe this will make it slightly less cancerous.

Awesome thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubRouge View Post
    in the opener, you just SB, SS, NB, SOD, Shd, SS, Evis, SS, SS, Vanish / DFA.
    Unlike the normal opener with SB, SS, NB, SOD, Shd, SS, SS, Evis, SS, Vanish / SS, DFA
    What about spamming shadow dance while death from above to make the eviscerate part stronger ? Are we not using this in hands rotation ?

That is the opener, ofcourse do you use shd when dfa lands

Quote Originally Posted by acrezio21 View Post
    What about spamming shadow dance while death from above to make the eviscerate part stronger ? Are we not using this in hands rotation ?
    umm I only gave a segment of the opener. The assumption was that people already knew the basic opener and people could just swap one part of the opener to fit the gloves and not think the whole opener has changed.
    I was wrong apparently.