View Poll Results: How often do you work out a week?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • 2 to 3 times a week

20 23.26%
  • 4 to 5 times a week

27 31.40%
  • Every Day

4 4.65%
  • Never

23 26.74%
  • Twice a day 2 to 3 times a week

0 0%
  • Twice a day 4 to 5 times a week

1 1.16%
  • Twice a day everyday

1 1.16%
  • 3 times a day everyday

2 2.33%
  • Other (Comment below)

8 9.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i dont, but i do walk between 10 & 15 miles 5 days a week due to my job & i have the legs to prove it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Working out at a gym is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I go running or swimming 4-5 times a week.
    Unless you're in an area with extreme environment or you're trying to put on a lot of muscle, you really don't need a gym anyway. A lot of people say that it's simply a way for them to ensure they actually work out though.

I don't work out, my job is pretty physical and has me walking 10-12 miles a day, so I rest on my days off and usually only walk 5 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How much is a many?
    100s a day. I have a pull up bar over my desk, I bust out reps of 20 all throughout the day, crunches are also done on the pull up bar.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    What kind of results are you getting and when did you start, or has this been a routine all your life or practically?
    The only result I am going for is too maintain my blood sugar. I was diagnosed as "Prediabetes" back in my mid 40s. I had two choices: start taking meds and watch my diet or starting working out and watch my diet. Initially I was on meds but they made me feel like shit so I started getting into a regular workout regime like I had in my teens/twenties. I'm not going for strength or bulk. I'm going for staying off meds and feeling healthy.

I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 4-5 years. As I mentioned above, I worked out regularly from my early teens until my late 20s. A motorcycle accident at 30 fucked me up for a couple years. Took over a decade to get a regular workout regime going again.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-08-23 at 10:40 PM.

3 days a week doing Ice Cream 5x5 for beginners. Here is a link, but i found it on Reddit regionally and dont have my phone near me where i have it bookmarked.

Also using MFP. I lost 35lbs in my 1st 5 weeks or so before I started actually working out. I don't really track my weight much any more unless the app prompts me to do it. I just follow that work out plan and eat under the calorie goal from MFP and never enter my workouts into the app because I want to use the more strict calorie goal.

In addition to losing some weight, I also feel much better. I've worked out on and off my whole life, but really this is the 1st time I've seriously done it since college and it makes me feel really good. I recommend that anyone interested in feeling better and maybe dropping a few pounds give it a shot. Try different things and figure out what works best for you. I think is more importing to be doing ANYTHING than nothing.
    <edit SP>

I used to workout every single day, but that was during my stint in the feds.

Today, I typically workout around 3-4 times a week. Heavy weights and minimal cardio. Trying to keep the bulked, hunky look. However, I wish I were as cut and defined, whilst locked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The only result I am going for is too maintain my blood sugar. I was diagnosed as "Prediabetes" back in my mid 40s. I had two choices: start taking meds and watch my diet or starting working out and watch my diet. Initially I was on meds but they made me feel like shit so I started getting into a regular workout regime like I had in my teens/twenties. I'm not going for strength or bulk. I'm going for staying off meds and feeling healthy.

I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 4-5 years. As I mentioned above, I worked out regularly from my early teens until my late 20s. A motorcycle accident at 30 fucked me up for a couple years. Took over a decade to get a regular workout regime going again.
    Honestly this is probably one of the best damn reasons to work out ever, for sure more about what is important.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I try to do some form of workout every day. (I recall posting that I was curling a pair of 50lbs weights in between posts here). And then there are the chin-ups and dips I do at work.. During the weekends, I jog 6 miles with 5lbs weights strapped to each arm, on both days.

Deleted
    No

10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    5 days monday through friday at the gym hitting weights and some light cardio. More intense cardio on the weekend if I have nothing else going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... I ... go grocery shopping on my bicycle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically 6 days, with Sunday as a rest day.

On weekdays I do lunchbreak workout for an hour (eat at my desk while working so that I have the time), and do a 20-30 min workout when I get home. I also have a 2km (one-way) walking commute to the office which adds up.

Workouts for me are usually things like running up stairs, walking up steep hills, pushups, planks, situps, etc. I try to do things outdoors.

On saturdays I do a long-arse walk from about 8:30am-11:30am around the local river.

6 days a week. Workout length varies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three days a week in a 5x5 program using a squat rack and bench. It's really made a difference; my legs are much larger than ever and my chest is really filling out. My only issue is arms; barbell squats, overhead presses, rows, benches, and deadlifts don't do that much for triceps and biceps, so I've been trying to supplement them with some barbell curls.

Add in regular long speed walks/jogs with my dogs and you get a good amount of cardio on my off days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I do 10-12 hours of swimming hard laps a week, along with a 30 minute walk after lunch each day.
    Finally another swimmer around here, imo the best workout around. I do distance swimming for 1-1.5 miles for 5 days a week. About an hour of biking for the commute 5 days a week. Then hiking and climbing on the weekends. Which I swap with skiing or more swimming in the winter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Finally another swimmer around here, imo the best workout around. I do distance swimming for 1-1.5 miles for 5 days a week. About an hour of biking for the commute 5 days a week. Then hiking and climbing on the weekends. Which I swap with skiing or more swimming in the winter.
    EX-swimmer here. Wish I could find a pool, close by, that didn't require $100+ a month to join.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    EX-swimmer here. Wish I could find a pool, close by, that didn't require $100+ a month to join.
    24 hour fitness? That's what I use, around $40/month, plus all the other facilities are nice.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Actually working out? Never. I just can't be bothered, and don't really see much of a reason to do so either.
    The most I do is walking around quite a bit.

How often do you work out and what do you do?
    I used to follow a full body beginner's routine six to seven times a week, but my second wind reserves seem empty as of late. I'm thinking about slowing down to a saner three or four sessions per week. I also will be taking a look at the routine itself now that I have a better idea of what my workout goals are.

How long is your routine?
    I used to spend an hour max at the gym but, now that I have been using the facilities and snack bar a little bit more, my sessions are getting closer to two hours each.

When during the day do you do it?
    Evening whenever I can. Something about coming home exhausted and sitting down for vidya or forum browsing just feels right.