Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The NES really impressed me as a kid. To go from playing Atari and Intellivision to a NES seemed like an awesome jump. After that, the Final Fantasy series really took off with cutscenes on the PS1 and I was really inpressed with those as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Half-life was probably the first game that graphics completely sucked me into the world. Then they made Half-life 2 gorgeous as well

Crysis was a huge thing. It still holds to today standards.

But probably before that, for me, it was Lineage 2. I remember going to a cyber cafe and looking at this awesome graphics game, running on the piece of crap of computers that they had. I fell in love with it. It still amazes me today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oblivion on PS3 when I turned down the brightness and stood in Leyawiin in the rain. Prior to that I had the brightness set to max and it made the game look bloody awful, but I thought I needed it so I didn't have to carry a torch everywhere in dungeons.

First time I've ever felt immersed in a game, Cyrodiil was beautiful, even if its people weren't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins

Just writing the name down makes me want to replay it

Lunar lander the 1979 release. Sub10 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Skyrim. At that time, I didn't believe it possible to improve on such majestic graphics.

Then years later again with Uncharted 4.
    Yeah, Uncharted 4 is going to be the gold standard until next gen.

Probably Saucer Attack on Commodore 64.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doom, way back in 1993. When that game came out it blew my mind.

Deleted
    Probably Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Shadow of the Colossus on the ps2 looked really good and Black, also on the PS2, looked amazing and played so well at the time. I still remember how awesome the foundry level was and blowing up the two huge storage facilities in the distance.

Deleted
    The very first Far Cry at its time blew me away...

Super Metroid, followed by FF6 a few months later.

I remember being really impressed with the original Half-Life when I watched my brother play it. It wasn't so much the graphical fidelity as the level of detail in the design. At that point a lot of 3D games lacked the kind of intricate doodads and props that made a setting feel like a real place, whereas the opening of Half-Life was pretty much nothing but these things. Small stuff like elevator shafts having ladders running up them rather than blank walls (and the later revelation that you could actually climb those ladders!) was pretty impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the Resident Evil Remake looking pretty much real to me at the time when I was a kid watching my cousin play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was weird. Any new game that came out I usually went "Yep this game is great" >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'd say the first Crysis game was the game that really impressed me back in 2007. I wouldn't be surprised if Crysis 3 is still considered to be the best looking game. I also really liked the graphics from Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 3 where they went with a more colorful look and made the game look pretty for its time. Donkey Kong Country also deserves a mention, all the maps were just beautiful for its time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanic: Honor & Glory

Deleted
    Unreal tournament

Deleted
    Final Fantasy 8, it was also the first thing that got me interested in that game.