Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    Okay...? What about that?
    Slavic brotherhood at its best.

As for my take on the question on OP.

Easter Europe is a shithole. They are poor, hardly educated and hardly industrialized, barring Russia and Poland (are you counting Poland in?) and most importantly, corrupt to the core. A union created by these countries would be a bigger shithole and that'd be the only difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Slavic brotherhood at its best.
    Yeah if only we had problems with other people fucking us over too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschw...entration_camp

Now who cares about that! Minor detail. Also other stuff not worth linking...

Germany absolutely destroyed Poland. They ruined their infrastructure, stole and shattered their art, built concentration camps and abhorrently massacred its Jewish population. Are you comparing that to the Soviet Union drawing a defensive line? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
    Factually wrong; the Germans wanted to colonise Poland, not destroy it. But on the other hand, obviously the Katyn massacre was purely defensive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    As for my take on the question on OP.

Easter Europe is a shithole. They are poor, hardly educated and hardly industrialized, barring Russia and Poland (are you counting Poland in?) and most importantly, corrupt to the core. A union created by these countries would be a bigger shithole and that'd be the only difference.
    Actually, they are amazing countries, only surpassed by Western Europe and their few offshoot countries, pretty much.

Look at education, for instance. http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-...r=US&IR=T&IR=T

Somehow Eastern European states fare quite well, don't they?

Now what about Turkey... hmmm... Biggest shithole on the planet. Trying hard to be Europeans is all you're good at.

FYI you weren't in a Slavic union. You were in a Communist Union, led by a Slavic country. Big difference.
    Thats the Russian idea of Slavic union. Thats how it would end up like.

Ever wonder why slavs with possible exception of Serbs generally dislike Russia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Factually wrong; the Germans wanted to colonise Poland, not destroy it. But on the other hand, obviously the Katyn massacre was purely defensive...
    Haha "colonize". Surely you mean creating a living space for the Germanic folks?

How would one do that... hmm I wonder.

Deleted
    But surely Germany has no big say in the EU! Or America even.

I'm sure now that you keep away from Russia, you're free and independent like never before. Cool!
    Much rather be influenced by democracy that views us as sovereign partners than by oligarchy that views us as buffer zone

It had nothing to do with Slavic unity. It was an ideological union that has done damage to every country. If we united today, there'd be no resemblance to the Soviet Union as nobody (hopefully) would want communism and totalitarianism back.

Now, I wonder why say, Polish people hate Russians more than Germans. I really do. Germans have been their enemies for ages, not to mention in WWII (which was recent) where they ripped apart Poland like nobody in history combined. Who knows the answer to this? It's just one of the great mysteries of the world.
    lol. Polish people will hate you only if they notice that u speak russian. Many polish people speak german (as they have ancestral germans, big parts of poland were german settled since the 14 century and even before in schlesia) , many polish work and live in germany. I have yet to meet a polish guy that doesnt hate russia and russians.

Slavs hate each other more, because one slav tribe is trying to make other slav tribe slave for a millenia.

The last Project of a panslavic state exploded after yugoslavias leader Tito died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Much rather be influenced by democracy that views us as sovereign partners than by oligarchy that views us as buffer zone
    Haha! I love how you still, in this day and age, believe they see you as equals. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You haven't been just a part of the HRE, you've been a crucial part of the empire and for centuries the most powerful of all the electors. Heck a lot of the HRE leaving the middle ages was shaped by the czechs. I have no idea where he gets the nation that they're bullied around by germany?
    Yeah. My favourite meme is when some pro Russian shill says "we never had anything in common with Germany/Austria but Russia was always our ally" Like what the hell. Where do they get their education from.

Someone here has a pretty... personal view of history and politics. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Historically, nobody butchers slavs, like other slavs.
    And nobody had slaughtered their own brothers and kin like Americans. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    22.000 deaths isn't even comparable to the most minor massacre that Germans committed? Was your history book in school written by Josip Dschugaschwilli? Do we have any polish person on this board? Mirrkza could explain to them why they're wrong...
    Both the Nazis and Soviets wanted to eliminate every member of polish intelligence and state workers. They targetted teachers, priests, politicians, athletes, police, army and border defense officers, literally every group that could possibly lead any kind of resistance against them, every group that contributed to keeping the nation's spirit up and alive. The difference between Germans and Soviets is that while Germans controlled the far more densely populated region, which housed a much higher % of Poles and all educational and cultural centres except of Lwów and Wilno, and they only killed some 50k people in such targetted anti-intelligence actions. Soviets killed over 20k in Katyń alone, but they deported hundreds of thousands of people, many of whom died during deportation, short after or just never returned to Poland, and we won't know how many they've killed because it's hard to expect that Soviet barbarians have been keeping order in their paperwork. The Nazis also killed indiscriminately during purges and and in concentration camps, and they obviously killed more Poles than the Soviets, but I don't think there's such a massive discrepancy if we consider how many Soviets have deported.

Both groups hated Poland and it's choosing between AIDS and cancer. While Nazis were a particularly deadly form of cancer, the Soviets continued to poison Poland for 40 years, even if it wasn't as severe after the first few years. The difference is that Soviets allowed us to rebuild the country, even if they contributed to ruining it in the first place, Nazis would have killed every Pole over time. Germans have been hating Poland for longer than the Soviets. It was Bismarck that said in the first place that it's the reason of the state for Germany to destroy Poland, as it was the country that always stopped Germans from expanding east and will continue to do so for as long as it exists as an independent country. Soviets wanted revenge for the Polish-Bolschevik war, and they also viewed Poland as the country that keeps them from expanding west.

So yeah, both were just as bad and I think most Poles nowadays view them both as exactly as bad, but while Germany is our ally in NATO and a part of EU, Russia is sometimes considered a threat (it's not, but people will believe what they will).
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-08-30 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

So Mirkzat is on another one of his Slav Superiority rants?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Pan-Slavic Nationalism. If there's been a stupider idea in the history of the world, I haven't heard it.

Historically, nobody butchers slavs, like other slavs.
    Living in a country surrounded by Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Slovenes, Croats, Serbs and Ukrainians: that is probably why we are still around. Not for lack of trying on their part, mind you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Both the Nazis and Soviets wanted to eliminate every member of polish intelligence and state workers. They targetted teachers, priests, politicians, athletes, police, army and border defense officers, literally every group that could possibly lead any kind of resistance against them, every group that contributed to keeping the nation's spirit up and alive. The difference between Germans and Soviets is that while Germans controlled the far more densely populated region, which housed a much higher % of Poles and all educational and cultural centres except of Lwów and Wilno, and they only killed some 50k people in such targetted anti-intelligence actions. Soviets killed over 20k in Katyń alone, but they deported hundreds of thousands of people, many of whom died during deportation, short after or just never returned to Poland, and we won't know how many they've killed because it's hard to expect that Soviet barbarians have been keeping order in their paperwork.

Both groups hated Poland and it's choosing between AIDS and cancer. While Nazis were a particularly deadly form of cancer, the Soviets continued to poison Poland for 40 years, even if it wasn't as severe after the first few years. The difference is that Soviets allowed us to rebuild the country, even if they contributed to ruining it in the first place, Nazis would have killed every Pole over time. Germans have been hating Poland for longer than the Soviets. It was Bismarck that said in the first place that it's the reason of the state for Germany to destroy Poland, as it was the country that always stopped Germans from expanding east and will continue to do so for as long as it exists as an independent country. Soviets wanted revenge for the Polish-Bolschevik war, and they also viewed Poland as the country that keeps them from expanding west.

So yeah, both were just as bad and I think most Poles nowadays view them both as exactly as bad, but while Germany is our ally in NATO and a part of EU, Russia is sometimes considered a threat (it's not, but people will believe what they will).
    After what you wrote, exactly how do you come to the conclusion that "both were just as bad"?

Can you put 2 and 2 together, or do you also come to a wrong conclusion in such an attempt?

Actually, they are amazing countries, only surpassed by Western Europe and their few offshoot countries, pretty much.
    So you really think you are only surpassed by Western European states? This is why you'll always be poor and live in perpetual shithole.

Now what about Turkey... hmmm... Biggest shithole on the planet. Trying hard to be Europeans is all you're good at.
    Turkey is a shithole, I have no problem admitting that.

Deleted
    The Polish people are wrong. The massacre you linked is incomparable to even the most minor massacre that the Germans committed. You understand we distinguish between killing state officials and civilians, right? State officials are not innocent in a war. They are direct contributors of the actions of the state, and as such, they are never innocent.
    Poland gets invaded and because of that it's totally okay for the Soviet Union to just purge their state officials? I guess you think the US should have just massacred everyone that ever held any sort of public office in Iraq and Afghanistan too.

For a similar reason, Slavs should have annihilated Germany and turned it into a sea from the moment the Germans elected Hitler and fed their army. You contribute to our enemy's strength? You become our enemy.
    So I guess you add Slovakia, Ukraine, Croatia and Bulgaria to that list too, even though they are Slavic countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So you really think you are only surpassed by Western European states? This is why you'll always be poor and live in perpetual shithole.

Turkey is a shithole, I have no problem admitting that.
    Only a minority of countries in the world are, in total, ahead of Eastern Europe. Our only competitors socio-economically are Western Europe and their offshoot. They wouldn't be if they had gone through the same historical problems as we did, but sadly they had luck on their side.

And yeah, Turkey is an ACTUAL shit-hole. Eastern Europe isn't. Whilst our education, IQ, levels of freedom and more is the same or extremely close to the best of the world, yours is far below in every regard. Not to mention the only reason Turks even stand a chance in comparison to anything in Europe is because of your part-Greek ancestry and heritage. Lol.