Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Kathy Griffin isn't sorry about her Trump photo anymore

Kathy Griffin isn't sorry anymore.

The comedian took back her apology for the stunt in which she held up a fake severed head of President Trump while being interviewed this week in Australia.

"I'm no longer sorry. The whole outrage was BS. The whole thing got so blown out of proportion," said Griffin on Australia's Sunrise show.

The Secret Service investigated Griffin after she released the photo, CNN fired the comedian from her regular gig hosting their New Year's Eve program with Anderson Cooper and her national tour was canceled. Griffin recently revealed she and Cooper are no longer friends.

"I lost everybody. I had Chelsea Clinton tweeting against me. I had friends - Debra Messing from Will and Grace was tweeting against me," said Griffin on the news show.

"I didn't just lose one night on CNN. My entire tour was canceled within 24 hours because every single theater got all these death threats. These Trump fans, they're hardcore."

TV host Samantha Armytage then asked if Griffin still believed she crossed a line by sharing the graphic image of the president.

"No, you're full of crap. Stop this," retorted Griffin. "Stop acting like my little picture is more important than talking about the actual atrocities that the president of the United States is committing."

In May, Griffin had apologized, saying, "I crossed the line...I went way too far. The image is too disturbing, I understand how it offends people. It wasn’t funny. I get it."

During her Australian television appearance, the comedian also criticized Trump's pardon of former Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio and the president's call for a ban on military service by transgender people.

“President Trump just pardoned Joe Arpaio, who was essentially running a concentration camp in the Arizona desert,” she told New York magazine in a recent comeback profile. “He said there are some good Nazis, and he’s kicking out young adults who were brought here as kids by their parents, and I’m the one who has to continue to apologize?”

Griffin announced her international Laugh Your Head Off tour on Twitter Sunday.
    She should've gone to jail for threatening the president.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ore/614332001/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

if she had any balls she wouldn't have apologized to begin with.

also "threatening the president" looool sit down.

This kind of flip-flopping would be a career ending move for basically anyone.

The Regressive Left glorifies this person instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post

Seems you have no idea how threats works.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post

I see the projection is strong with you...

stop, you're going to make my eyes roll out of my skull.

Calm your tits, Sarkeesian. This is pretty much the definition of free speech. People and organizations were well within their rights to take action against her. The government would not have been. Since...you know...it wasn't actually a threat.

"This whole thing was BS. A Useless outrage"

That doesn't make you innocent, Kathy. Nor does it make you funny. Sit down, Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    stop, you're going to make my eyes roll out of my skull.
    Yes, because if there is something people really love is blatant hypocrisy.

Follow your own advise, I had to pick up mine from the floor just from reading your comment.

Yes, because if there is something people really love is blatant hypocrisy.

Follow your own advise, I had to pick up mine from the floor just from reading your comment.
    when it benefits them, yeah they fucking love it, kinda explains the whole Trump phenomenon.

oh you must feel so clever, much wow.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Calm your tits, Sarkeesian. This is pretty much the definition of free speech. People and organizations were well within their rights to take action against her. The government would not have been. Since...you know...it wasn't actually a threat.
    "Oh yeah. Ima throw up The President's "head" as a joke. Cause, that's certainly funny, Am I right guys?"

It's a threat, even if you use a fake head. Stop defending this.

And the President should be impeached and tried for all his crimes, including but not limited to violation of the Foreign and Domestic Emolument Clauses and conspiring with a hostile foreign government to maliciously affect an election season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    "Oh yeah. Ima throw up The President's "head" as a joke. Cause, that's certainly funny, Am I right guys?"

It's a threat, even if you use a fake head. Stop defending this.
    It would only be a threat if it showed her chopping the head off.

- - - Updated - - -

Any one of DJT's scandals should have been career ending before he took office.

The Regressive Right glorifies him instead.

Seriously, Trump-Russia is like Whitewater on meth taking place on the global scale.

"These Trump fans, they're hardcore."
    Nice deflection, way to not take responsibility for your own actions.

"Stop acting like my little picture is more important than talking about the actual atrocities that the president of the United States is committing."
    Also what atrocities? If anything, Trump hasn't done a damn thing in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    And the President should be impeached and tried for all his crimes, including but not limited to violation of the Foreign and Domestic Emolument Clauses and conspiring with a hostile foreign government to maliciously affect an election season.

- - - Updated - - -

It would only be a threat if it showed her chopping the head off.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, Trump-Russia is like Whitewater on meth taking place on the global scale.
    Her holding the head kind of means a similar thing, as is what you're trying to express.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

Ok?
    This thread isn't about Trump. Get your addicted sorted.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure why you think she should have after the USSS thought she shouldn't.

And I'm glad she took it back - everyone knows she did it because of the BS backlash and the neo-con BS faux-outrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did...did she really compare jail/prison to concentration camps?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok?
    This thread isn't about Trump. Get your addicted sorted.
    Doesn't mean he isn't correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Seems you have no idea how threats works.
    Apparently, neither do you...

Oh hey. More people that think there shouldn't be consequences to their speech because it's "good" speech.