Mage Tower Artifact Skin change NOT retroactive?

So up until 7.3, if you wanted to unlock a tint on one of your challenge tower skins, you'd unlock it on that spec and that spec only. Come 7.3, they realized how dumb of a requirement that was, given how some specs are either bottom of the barrel or can never get a reliable spot in an RBG so they made those tints unlock character-wide, provided you had the baseline skin unlocked, IE, if you did the mage tower challenge in the rest of your specs. A welcome change.

However, it seems like this change is NOT being awarded retroactively, which almost defeats the purpose of the change. Why would some players be punished for doing content early and not have this change applied to them, while others can literally do the SAME content now, (HC Kiljaeden, 10 RBGs, All legion dungeon bosses) and gain 3 times the rewards (4 in the case of druids)?

I can think of no real reason why players who have unlocked the tints on one spec already would not be awarded the change retroactively. As it stands right now, I'd need to do the same content ALL over again, only this time for less rewards, so for only 2 of my other specs. How does this make sense?

View it this way, you only need to do it once to unlock 2 remaining specs, instead of twice for each spec individually, so you still get to save one more round of unlocks.

So I should be glad I get to do it with "only" twice the amount of effort others are doing it with now? What mindset exactly made them apply this change only from this moment forward? I don't understand why people who chose to do the content earlier need to get punished by doing it all over again now while others can do it just once and unlock everything. Either apply this change retroactively or not at all, I see no point in punishing people who've already went through the god awful 10 RBG grind on one spec, and are now left with 2 underperforming specs which many groups just won't accept.

I've went through the same amount of effort that's required out of people right now only a couple of weeks earlier, so why should my effort be worth less?

I agree. Should've been retroactive. Feels so good basically getting punished for doing the content too early before this change. I'm probably still not doing the RBGs, we'll see.

At least I don't need to kill KJ in every spec. That's nice. Still wish it was retroactive.

They should just have it rewarded for the people who've already done the 3 other skin requirements.

They should've, hopefully we'll see it addressed in a round of fixes soon because only making it possible from now on and punishing people for doing the same content but with only one third of the rewards is dumb.

I imagine they figure anybody that has the kill can get it again, and it'll sort itself out.

Didn't stop me from being salty. I had plans, plans!

HC Kiljaeden is no big deal. As we progress through Argus and the new raid, it'll become a joke. The problem is the 10 RBGs, which are a shitty grind in the cesspool that are yolo groups, no matter the ilvl or current patch. I've gone through it once, I won't do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is indeed bullshit. I have the Fighting with style: Challenging Look achievement unlocked on 3 of my characters and was genuinely excited for this change.

I agree with the above poster that the 10 RBGs is the problem. This is ESPECIALLY true for my Monk. I already unlocked my MW's 10 RBG win weapon color and now I'll be forced to try to find 10 RBG wins as a WW or BrM which will be nearly impossible since those specs suck for RBGs. I can't go on my MW and unlock them any more since it was already completed months ago...
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-09-01 at 05:04 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I know it's not a game breaking thing but it is unfair to punish people for simply doing the content earlier than others, so that other people with the same effort can get triple the reward. So if you're like me and would like the change applied retroactively, submit a suggestion through the in-game submit section, open a ticket or even tweet at the devs, just to bring some attention to it.

I have the base challenge skin unlocked on multiple characters as well, and if its one thing I won't be doing again, its the 10 RBG tint.

I have a feeling by the end of the expansion, it'll be turned to 3 RBG wins or 10 normal ones because that's how it goes in this game apparently, wait long enough and the effort required to obtain certain things plummets with no real reward or recognition if you do it early, more often than not you might even get screwed over for it.

Put in a bug report. It IS a bug. If enough people report it, they'll fix it.

It was announced that you can progress Hidden/Challenge unlocks even when not in that spec/using that appearance. This always implied it would not be retroactive.
    There are still separate counters for each spec, else it would work like the Hidden Appearances, where you could unlock the other tints without unlocking the base tint.

No quality-of-life grind reduction will offer everyone the same relief.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-09-07 at 09:45 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    This is indeed bullshit. I have the Fighting with style: Challenging Look achievement unlocked on 3 of my characters and was genuinely excited for this change.

I agree with the above poster that the 10 RBGs is the problem. This is ESPECIALLY true for my Monk. I already unlocked my MW's 10 RBG win weapon color and now I'll be forced to try to find 10 RBG wins as a WW or BrM which will be nearly impossible since those specs suck for RBGs. I can't go on my MW and unlock them any more since it was already completed months ago...
    I'm pretty sure you can still do the 10 RBGs in any spec you want to get the skins, even if you have already gotten them in 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can still do the 10 RBGs in any spec you want to get the skins, even if you have already gotten them in 1.
    But I already did it. Why should I have to win 20 RBGs to unlock all my weaps when a shit player who just unlocked theres after 7.3 only needs to win 10?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Have any of you had trouble getting the 10 dungeon skin? I got that skin for Feral and Guardian before 7.3 and got Balance and Resto mage tower weapons on 8/24, before 7.3 came out. I've just done a full mythic dungeon world tour, finishing all 12 of the current Legion dungeons (including Nightbane) and the Balance 10 dungeon skin unlocked but the Resto 10 dungeon skin did not.

Did 7.3 just let us get credit without being in the spec with the mage tower weapon and we still need to unlock them separately? And if that's the case is there a way to track how many and/or which dungeons I've done so that I don't end up repeating dungeons that won't give credit?

I don't know what they're doing with it anymore since the patch notes only cover a few things nowadays and a slew of changes go unannounced for some reason. I didn't even see for instance that it was now 10 dungeons instead of ALL of them. So make them even easier (only slightly, it wasn't like it was a big deal to just queue for all dungeons before if you really wanted that tint) but still not award them retroactively, cause fuck whoever did them a couple weeks earlier.

Hope we at least get a response on this since I'm just curious about their decision to not award them retroactively. Why is it that everyone's effort that did it before is worth less than whoever does them from this point forward? I don't expect any sort of extras for having them done early but damn, getting punished for it really makes me wonder about their reasoning behind it.

Not one of the tints is harder to get, some are even easier. HC Kil'Jaeden is easier, since we'll get access to crucible and lots of free 935+ loot from m+ and greater invasions. The dungeon tint was trivial as it was, don't even see the point of nerfing it but whatever. And the RBG grind is the same shit grind it always was and it always will be, not harder but definitely not easier. Submitted it as a bug, tweeted at the devs, no response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At the moment I am worried that the mage tower will just rarely ever be up to try the challenge on more toons.Contibution has slowed down so much, for a few days now there is no building up at all.
    Blizzard will most likely adjust the contribution requirements over time.

Yup, apparently they're gonna adjust the number of turn-ins for the towers to have them up more often, which is good. Nothing said about the tint unlocks being intended to not be retroactive and why though, or if it's a bug that went unnoticed.

Deleted
    I do not look forward to killing all dungeon bosses AGAIN with my frost spec when I finally have the time for finishing that challenge. -.-

Deleted
    Okay, after getting Arcane and Frost, I only had to repeat the dungeon run once for both specs to get the tints. Completing KJ heroic once awarded the tints for all 3 challenge skins. Now I still dread rBGs... :/