Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    please leave forum at all no one needs such a dick anyway
    Tbh I can understand his PoV. It gets pretty annoying when the forums is full of whines. DK's DPS is like what ? Top 3 ? That alone is enough for raid utility.
    But hey, we're humans. We're never happy, we will never be content with what we currently have. We'll always want something more. And it's a never-ending circle because all the others classes won't stop complaining because the grass is always greener on the other side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post
    Would be cool if they gave dk's a ress that's off the GCD, where you would ress all dead players as ghouls for 30-45 seconds. After that they die again
    they had something similiar in wotlk and thank fucking god they removed it. it was one of the most aids things to face

No one wanted to have Dark simulacrum again for PVE? that is the spell I miss the most, sometimes you could steal incredible damage spells.

I'd actually like Gorefiends back over AMZ....but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal View Post
    No one wanted to have Dark simulacrum again for PVE? that is the spell I miss the most, sometimes you could steal incredible damage spells.
    Dunno, on PvE it was very rare to get something good, either the spell was garbage, couldn't be target by Dark Simu. or was actually good, with the two first happening more then the latter.

But is such a cool spell, i still remember the day i copied Combustion from a Fire Mage and was....oh lord...a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacruiser View Post
    What makes rogues n1? They lost smokebomb as well, and the only thing they bring is a cloak of shadows that is just slightly better than AMS
    I know this is old but "Slightly better AMS"

Are you high? Nothing slightly better about an infinite immunity to all magic damage for a few seconds with only a 30 second longer CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    The other night I was raiding and one of our healers was struggling.

In that moment, I really wished I had something that I could cast on him to make it easier on him to heal. In my head, I thought Hysteria. Some single target buff I could put on someone that would increase their resource generation for a good 30 seconds. It used to be physical damage, but that obviously isn't appropriate or useful anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I did quit the DK subforum long time ago, but people still seems to be complete idiots.

You are NOT SUPPOSED to be mobile. You are supposed to be anything but mobile.

Do you UNDERSTAND this simple concept?

And yes, the DK DPS is fine. And defensives ultils is one of the best. You pay in being less mobile. Don't you like it, you simple fuck off.

Infraction
    I mean, DKs have been pretty mobile in every other expansion, and the class fantasy bullshit they are peddling with the "slow unstoppable wrecking machine" thing wasnt really true until Frost BoS became legit. Until then raids had no reason to include DKs.

But i agree, our DPS is in a good place right now, our tanking is in a very good place right now, all three specs arent fucking boring which is great, but at this point i would settle for them just replacing the shitshow that is Wraithwalk(hover) with the old Deaths Advance (but as an ability, not as a talent).

Only thing I dislike about DK is our lack of utility. We are literally useless and it is annoying.

Rogues have always had a lot and they've always been the no.1 melee class for hardcore progression raiding even when their damage is dumpster. Warrior has always been good with their insane mobility and their shouts/banners. DK though, pretty useless except in MoP when we had access to Gorefiends and Remorseless Winter.

Also making an immobile DPS class on a game that strives on being mobile simply isn't a good idea for PvE.

They should have every spec have some form of, preferably but unrealistically unique useful raid utility, as this puts a load of guilds and players being anal about their specs DPS performance. If DPS DK have their DPS guttered, it's equal to us being removed from the game from a competitive raiding point of view because we offer absolutely nothing.

Enhance Shamans have a similar problem, they are easily the squishiest class in the game. Why they thought making a DPS so easy to be killed is absolutely baffling.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-03 at 02:49 AM.

I would love to have AoE grip back, So I dont have to play blood for mythic KJ and future fights like that.
    Last edited by Zarrant; 2017-10-04 at 02:06 PM.

As I start to level a DK now after leveling a rogue as a main and now a Ele as a main when I came back to wow late this expac after a long time out of WoW, I'm literally laughing and baffled by DEATH KNIGHTS out of all classes complaining about utility or survivability.
    Rogue surv is ok, they really mostly shine in soaking magic dmg with cloak but playing higher mythic+ especially with certain affixes...is just simply fuckin aids on a rogue at times, even playing with leech and lego pants as Sin. I swear I can die to just simple mechanics hitting back to back, semi unlucky easily in 2-3 shots, not even necessarily making a mistake and dying.

Now as Ele, I started by being relieved a little bit to be a caster, but being a caster who for the most part is needed to stand still to do good damage, is starting to become very annoying. Ele surv is simply downright awful in both PvE and PvP (especially world pvp doing world quests in argus). One dmg reduction CD astral shift that isn't even enough dmg reduction, gust of wind (which is easily countered by the fact that nearly all melee having good closers, if not multiple gap closers), stun totem that is horrible inaccurate and easy to dodge that takes 3 seconds to explode (why the fuck is a class with low surv given such a low efficacy defensive?) and then "Ankh" which blizzard claims to be a defensive even though you have to die for it to be used?

Ive played WoW for a very long time and if theres one class that really doesnt need more surv or utility its definitely DK's (I even used to play one at 80-85), you guys are just getting greedy at this point.

Sorry dude, but imho you are 100% wrong.

Are you even doing mythic progression on your DK ? Because it seems you are just talking after doing World quests for a week.

Atm dks are in strugle just to stay on the freaking plateform on mythic kj while warriors can leap/charge AND do more dmg at the end of the fights, rogues can shadowstep while having amazing defensives cds etc.

There is clearly some classes that are very good for mythic progress and some others that are BAD, and dks are one of them. And even if our dmg is decent, we are absolutely not n°1, not even top 5 on kj mm.

And idk if you watched the MDI, but there is no DK dd in there, sub/arms just bring much more to the table.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCapozzi View Post
    Sorry dude, but imho you are 100% wrong.

Are you even doing mythic progression on your DK ? Because it seems you are just talking after doing World quests for a week.

Atm dks are in strugle just to stay on the freaking plateform on mythic kj while warriors can leap/charge AND do more dmg at the end of the fights, rogues can shadowstep while having amazing defensives cds etc.

There is clearly some classes that are very good for mythic progress and some others that are BAD, and dks are one of them. And even if our dmg is decent, we are absolutely not n°1, not even top 5 on kj mm.

And idk if you watched the MDI, but there is no DK dd in there, sub/arms just bring much more to the table.
    I feel that MDI is a bad example brosif. Sub is super strong because of SS giving a combo point per target hit, and with it you can do insane dps on bosses. Their aoe damage is also pretty decent.

On the other hand you can get a machine frosty with you, and hell do similarly, but he wont be able to have the same retarded level of damage output on bosses with adds, therefore the sub would win.

After the feral buff their single target is also pretty insane, but the trade off is that theyre not ideal for target switching, but that doesnt matter when the rogue is using the other targets to do more dps.

Balance has always been strong in the right hands, with a perfect mix of aoe and single target dps as well as personal and party utility... thats just how the class is.

Arms is absolutely fab for the finals phase with the execute spam.

Point is were good, and yes we have weakneses as DKs, but were nowhere near as bad as you make us sound.

Cheer up bro, this is much better than what we were like at the start of the expo

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal View Post
    Agreed - don't take it away from PVP players by just flat out removing it, instead make it a baseline ability for DKs again please.

Was always fun to find some interruptable spell to DS and throw back at thhe mob.
    Last edited by Grevmak; 2017-10-05 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    You have Death Grip.

Deleted
    i'd be okay with all dk specs getting gorefiends back if they also made a craftable item that did it, so a "3 dk mandatory" situation can't happen again. drums of gorefiend so to speak.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-05 at 01:16 PM.

It would be way easier to just nerf rogue and mage/hunter immunitys and change boss mechanics from immun soaking to more enrage DPS/HPS encounters where players matter and not the FOTM class.

I dont want blizzards class utility treatment or do you want a DK variant of the "Tome of Tranquilizing Shot"?
    -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Homogenization strikes again! I wonder if DKs can somehow improve their AMS to be able to solo soak shit on Avatar or KJ just to remove this "rogues are OP they can soak AND DPS in soak-heavy raid!"
    You can easily solo soak everything in Phase 1 at Avatar and all Rains at KJ with every second one totally immune it.

Sure we cant solo soak in Phase 2 at Avatar but if you are not a top 50 guild. You will have the required DPS anyway when you progress him.

TBH the only thing i would like is a slight movement speed increase. Yes, i know "you have wraith walk herp derp" but even then DKs can be painfully slow. Hell, id be happy if they could make Lingering Apparition give Walk 2 charges, something similar to Cavalier.