Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    We never had 2 hurricanes and 3 major forest fires all happening at the same time under Obama, Bush, or Clinton. Maybe God/Mother Nature is telling the US they screwed up by electing Trump.

Thoughts?
    Okay...

Here's the thing: Obama, Bush and Clinton was all horrible for nature. So was Bush Sr. So was Ford. And so on and so forth. Trump? He's marginally more horrible, but that doesn't mean that "Nature is pissed you voted for Trump". So what is actually going on?

Put simply, humans have fucked up nature and the climate, and continue to do so. That change is going to manifest more and more. This means that the next president could be a peaceful treehugging naturelover, and s/he would STILL likely have to deal with worse weather than Trump.

Things will only get worse, Trump is only hurrying it along. Think things are bad now? In 50 years (with the current trend), you'll have millions upon millions fleeing the mediterranian, india, bangladesh, mexico and so on, because the climate will be too warm to grow stuff there, and the desertification will be rushing along. In a century or so, the outside air will be starting to feel a bit like a slightly stuffy room does today. In a milennia, the air will be so satuated with CO2, you'll need a CO2 scrubber to survive. Of course, based on UN prognoses, we'll run out of land that can be used to grow crops in due to erosion and soil degradation from chemicals in 60 or so years anyway, so most people will probably die around that time.

Climate change doesn't kill off life on Earth, it just kills off humanity on Earth. And it'll do that whether you have Trump, or Free Waterfall Jr. as president.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    In 2004 the Sumatra Tsunami killed 250.000 people,injured more than 1 millions and displaced 2 millions people from their houses in the most catastrophic event recorded by history.

What is exactly what "God/Mother nature" was telling them? What did they screw up?

What was the message behind the 2010 Haiti Earthquake (150.000 casualties)?

Does God only talk to American people who elects fucktards or is there a more global message?
    Those natural disasters only had 1 happening in their country at once. America has back to back hurricanes, civil unrest, on the brink of WW3/nuclear war with North Korea, and I was wrong about how many wildfires are going on right now. California has 3 major wildfires going on right now. Montana, Oregon, and Washington also have major wildfires going on . It just seems to me that someone is pissed off at America for electing Trump.

Hurricane Season in Perspective

In terms of Accumulated Cyclone Energy for all storms so far, 2017 has spiked to well above average in the past week thanks to Irma. And now we also have Tropical Storm Jose and Tropical Storm Katia adding to the tally. As of Wednesday morning, this season’s Accumulated Cyclone Energy is at about 152 percent of average for the date.

-------------
    As bolded, we aren't finished with the season of shitty weather.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We never had 2 hurricanes and 3 major forest fires all happening at the same time under Obama, Bush, or Clinton. Maybe God/Mother Nature is telling the US they screwed up by electing Trump.

Thoughts?
    It's entirely possible - at this point, with a guy who said "I could shoot someone and I would still have my followers" as president, we're all fucked anyway.

We're basically pissing away a fantastic resource, but electing people who lie to us and literally would rather kill voters than say no to their financial backers.

Think what we could do, in the US, without all the ridiculous bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was divine retribution.

Notice those hurricanes targeted/is going to target alt-right states.
    How? new jersey and new york got devastated by Sandy and Irene and both voted Democrat since 1992 is that not karma? Hawaii gets volcanic eruptions and tsunamis all the time and they voted blue since 1992.
    Secondly, Florida and Texas are not as solid as you think. Sure the majority of Texas has gone red since the 80s but it's never a guarantee it just happens. Florida is a pivet state sometimes it goes blue sometimes it goes red nobody really knows. These storms happen all the time and they just happen to hit states that vote a certain way. Its not like nasa can control the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Climate change. Seems we are going to see such things with increasing regularity sadly.
    If more companies would pay carbon taxes we might not have these problems now.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If more companies would pay carbon taxes we might not have these problems now.
    There would need to be a carbon tax for companies to pay them.

And yes, we would still have the problems. The carbon tax is a good first step, but there needs to be a more holistic approach to combating climate change that many in our government don't even want to entertain.

Doesn't help that we're doing shit like pulling out of the Paris Climate Accords, even if that's largely symbolic.

Deleted
    I think it is due to Trump's misogyny. Think about it - Hurricane Irma? That's a woman's name...and she is pissed that Trump was able to grab women by the pussy and get away with it. This is feminist retribution - the pink pussy hat brigade wil get their revenge on those evil right-wing men of Florida!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There would need to be a carbon tax for companies to pay them.

And yes, we would still have the problems. The carbon tax is a good first step, but there needs to be a more holistic approach to combating climate change that many in our government don't even want to entertain.

Doesn't help that we're doing shit like pulling out of the Paris Climate Accords, even if that's largely symbolic.
    Carbon tax would be passed on to consumers.

Congrats OP this is the dumbest take I've read thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Natural Disasters better when they happen to some other asshole, even better if it's someone you hate. Ohh the sweet feeling of come up pins.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

These storms would have occurred with or without Trump being president. The best you could argue is that due to Trump's and republican denial of climate change and refusal to do anything about it, future storms and fires could be more severe.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    Maybe it has nothing to do with who is president?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 2015,2016, and 2017 are among the hottest years on record. If that trend continues without the moisture dump of an El Nino, we're looking at some serious droughts in the near future.

Found some ash in my garden this morning. Took me a minute to realize it blew in from some wildfires over the mountains. Wildfire season will probably start earlier next year without the benefit of an El Nino winter.

Poseidon feeling funny lately cause Trump won't pick up his calls about EPA.

The current administration is welcoming these disasters, I mean if they really wanted these severe events to stop, they wouldn't have given up on the Paris Accord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    These storms would have occurred with or without Trump being president
    However Trump & Co are the first to take action to ensure they continue to increase in severity.

Trump is the lung cancer patient that stopped getting treatment and started smoking again.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Carbon tax would be passed on to consumers.
    Do you don't actually want to have a discussion about this? Unsurprising, but still disappointing.

Thoughts?
    Yeah. I think if God exists, having forest fires all along the west coast of the US + hurricanes (including one of the largest on record) hitting the east coat in basically the space of a week would be a good sign that he's pissed off about something for sure.

Of course it could be coincidental (and the fires in OR only recently picked up in intensity) but it's a really weird coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was divine retribution.

Notice those hurricanes targeted/is going to target alt-right states.
    Well the fires are going to the tree-hugging left-coast states....

I put it here because the post is political in nature. I didn't want to get it locked or banned for putting it in the general OT forums.
    So instead you want it to get locked for being in the political forum?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The recent deal includes funding for FEMA until December.
    I guess Mar-a-lago is up for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------------

Feeling the love...