Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mafia 91 Game Thread - The Village (of) Idiots

Please do not post here unless you are playing!

New players are always welcome. If you are interested in Mafia and are not sure what to do then look into this thread to ask questions and get help http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

General Rules

This is a bastard game. I do not guarantee balance or fairness. This game is made up of various roles/twists I've thought up and want to see how they play out before I implement them in a real game. Sorry suckers..you signed up for this!

Days will last around 48 hours and nights around 24 hours.

Voting:

During the day phase, each player can place their vote on any player of choice. To do so, simply put the following in bold on a separate line:

vote: Kryllian

You can change your vote as many times you want, and you can remove your vote using

unvote

Unvoting is required or I will not count you changing your vote!

You can also vote for a no-lynch. This works like this.

vote: no-lynch

If "no-lynch" is the winning option, then no player will be lynched that day phase.

Lynching:

The moment any player (or "no-lynch") reaches the lynch threshold (half the players rounded down, plus one), the day ends. No more votes are counted. After that, "dusk" begins, during which you are allowed to talk as much as you want but votes are meaningless. Dusk lasts until the gameday is formally ended by a moderator, at which point it is night. If the day ends with no majority vote, then modded majority will be in play and a person with half the votes cast rounded down plus one will be lynched if applicable.

Signed up Players
    1. Blood Fox
    2. Danner
    3. Valyrian
    4. Graeham
    5. Listo95
    6. PistolPink
    7. Marack
    9. A-Sayo

With 8 players it takes 5 to lynch.

D1 - Largehorn playing a Mafia wanabee was lynched
    N1 - Crackleslap playing the town sun exploded

Last edited by Kryllian; 2017-09-10 at 05:25 AM.

first......

itches

So, who is scum this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So, who is scum this time around?
    Probably Crackle and Pistol.

vote: Graeham

Because reasons. And not because he happens to be my scumbuddy. I mean, err... didn't I do this joke already?

In an unrelated happening, there is a new third Danganronpa game on the horison. Coming out later this month! The music is pretty epic at least

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Geek Club training course done; next topic on the todo-list: finalize JRPG crafting system.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    finalize JRPG crafting system.
    Stick + Rock = Tuna fish.

You can thank me later.

Deleted
    You know when you watch a movie that takes place in the southern us of a, and you suddenly start mentally reading everything in a southern twang? Well, all'er y'all'er silly soundin'.

Actually, that is already a thing yes

The TLDR idea is that items have a name, properties and effects. Properties does nothing, but can be used to create effects in the crafting system. Properties is naturally found on gathering items (Ex: wooden stick has properties sturdy, long reach, and elementierce), and those properties can be promoted to crafted items as well. Effects are things that happen when you use or equip an item. The name of the item... doesn't really matter. If you want to craft a tuna fish using stick + rock, feel free. That tuna fish will have properties sturdy, rock, element: pierce, heavy and element: crush. Specifically, it will not have the food property, making it hard to eat.

All to accomodate the trope that JRPG weapons are fricking weird. Characters end up attacking with anchors and dictionaries and (if they are truly terrifying), rolled up newspapers. The property system allows some sort of sanity to the insanity.

</detour>
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

The boss is back fellas. I will defend my son, Graeham!

Vote: Danner

In an unrelated happening, there is a new third Danganronpa game on the horison. Coming out later this month! The music is pretty epic at least
    Do I have to have played the first one in the series, or is each game independent from each other?

Actually, that is already a thing yes

The TLDR idea is that items have a name, properties and effects. Properties does nothing, but can be used to create effects in the crafting system. Properties is naturally found on gathering items (Ex: wooden stick has properties sturdy, long reach, and elementierce), and those properties can be promoted to crafted items as well. Effects are things that happen when you use or equip an item. The name of the item... doesn't really matter. If you want to craft a tuna fish using stick + rock, feel free. That tuna fish will have properties sturdy, rock, element: pierce, heavy and element: crush. Specifically, it will not have the food property, making it hard to eat.

All to accomodate the trope that JRPG weapons are fricking weird. Characters end up attacking with anchors and dictionaries and (if they are truly terrifying), rolled up newspapers. The property system allows some sort of sanity to the insanity.

</detour>
    I need a crushing tuna fish weapon now. Some one find me a mod for something!

And I thought it would be a normal-ish bastard game to get the awesome opportunity of claiming <insert random neutral useless Kryllian-ish role> and be safe until the end while everyone backstab each other.

(Hellow !)

Vote : Danner

Because blond hair.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The boss is back fellas. I will defend my son, Graeham!
    <3

I am honoured!

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Because blond hair.
    This kind of perverse logic could only come from someone with an avatar with a white background color.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm about to explode due to the song I linked in the sign-up thread. Apparently the composer sold the song to another artist... But after that have this explosive song!

- - - Updated - - -

Note: don't type while rushing you forget words. Song in other thread wasn't sold twice, another song on the album was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys. I scrolled through the page listo and immediately saw some kpop cringe.

Vote: Listo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Probably Crackle and Pistol.
    So fkn rude!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Hi guys. I scrolled through the page listo and immediately saw some kpop cringe.

Vote: Listo

- - - Updated - - -

So fkn rude!
    You spelled Pistol wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vote Listo
    For kpop reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Vote Listo
    For kpop reasons.
    Once again spelled Pistol wrong.

You are all wrong for jumping on that poor listo ! Oriental Pop is the greatest thing humankind has ever created (JPop > Kpop though) Bad guys, all of you !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Well, that was weird. I had a cut on my neck that I have no clue where it came from but it wouldn't stop bleeding for an hour. >_>

It's fine now but...ugh.