Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Man Triggered by bumper Stickers, Points Gun and Causes Crash

Tele-commuting looks better by the day.
    Ozark man aimed gun at woman whose political bumper stickers he found 'stupid'
    An Ozark man faces a felony charge and a civil lawsuit after he allegedly pointed a gun at a local Democratic activist whose political bumper stickers he disliked. Edward K. Burns, 48, of Ozark has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon, a class E felony, after an alleged Aug. 24 road rage incident described in Christian County court documents.
    • Man triggered by Bumper stickers
    • Man pulls along side the car and flashes the "L" sign
    • Other driver replies by flipping the bird
    • Man pulls .380 from hip holster and points it at other driver
    • Other driver swerves in panic and crashes

From Article: Ransin acknowledged that Umphenour's decision to flip off the other driver indicated "equally poor judgment, but she didn't pull out a fully loaded weapon and point the barrel at his face."
    So, by not pointing a gun at someone she didn't actually show equally poor judgement. There goes the "both sides" argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like the posters on this forum encapsulated in one news story.

Those bumper stickers are groan worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lady who drives around in my town and every inch of her car is covered in bumper stickers like this. EVERY INCH.

Still pulling a gun on someone over bumper stickers, or even getting flipped off is fucking retarded, especially when you started it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Guys an asshole and a criminal.

Can't help but laugh at the person with a don't be a dick sticker flipping someone off, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in this scenario, were the woman in the sienna to have had a gun, she would have completely been in her right to draw and fire back on him because she believed he posed a threat, correct?

Damn second amendment not functioning properly.

WHERE'S MY STREET JUSTICE?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Political bumper stickers are pretty dumb. But antagonizing the person in that car because you got triggered by those bumper stickers and then pulling a gun on them to score "tough" guy points is far far dumber.

This guy needs to win a free stay in prison. Along with the privilege of paying the driver a hefty compensation, so he can go out and buy a shit ton more stupid bumper stickers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    It's like the posters on this forum encapsulated in one news story.

Those bumper stickers are groan worthy.
    Ya I can only imagine some people are pointing guns at their screen... plotting their revenge on me

flips bird

Deleted
    I am usually not an advocate for violence, but that bumper is freaking close to making me one

10+ Year Old Account
    Unable to contain your rage at the sight of an opinion you disagree with plastered to the back of some rando's car.

K bye. World didn't need you around anyway.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I recognise him, it's;

Never put bumper stickers on your vehicle. It's just asking to be pulled over by a cop trying to make quota that has a differing political opinion than yours.

Crazy stupid to get upset over having the bird flipped your way.

But but...Trump is President!

Maybe Trump can pardon him too.

America is a free country and you have a right to express political thoughts without fear of violence.

That goes both ways imo and i hope this retard gets thrown in jail just like if someone pulled a gun on a car with right wing bumper stickers.

It really is morons like this who give us gun owners a bad name!

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad she wasn't armed and this wasn't stand your ground.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Too bad she wasn't armed and this wasn't stand your ground.
    Ya, like that he could have legally shot her dead by saying she pulled a gun on him first. Great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya, like that he could have legally shot her dead by saying she pulled a gun on him first. Great idea.
    Well he'd have to have witnesses. And since evidence would be against him he'd be going to prison.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Guys an asshole and a criminal.

Can't help but laugh at the person with a don't be a dick sticker flipping someone off, however.
    The other guy started it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The only crime here was the sticker weirdo not keeping control on the road. Your car is an extension of your home by law and you can do as you please with your firearms in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    The only crime here was the sticker weirdo not keeping control on the road. Your car is an extension of your home by law and you can do as you please with your firearms in your car.
    Clearly the law doesnt agree with you otherwise this guy would not be looking at jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    So you are saying I can legally shoot people walking on the street, as long as I do it from my porch? Or do I have to be inside? Maybe snipe them from the second story bedroom window?