Thread: Tank comps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I used to do Dk and Prot Warrior Wrath - WoD. Now we are using DH Bear. I changed from Prot Warrior because they gutted the class and the Bear is there because the DK changed to Paladin healer. I really think this patch is better than it was, being a DH of Helya was a nightmare but we made it work. Tank comps should really only matter in Mythic.

Monk (me) + Prot Pally. Our Pally loves his class, but even he has got a Bear gearing up for KJ. On alt nights we roll whatever for the lesser difficulty.

I started this expac on a vDH, but then we had to replace a tank with another DH, so I went Bear. Yeah, it's great, but it's sooooo f-ing boring. No lies, I was starting to nod off at the keyboard at times. So I went back to my Monk that had been my main since MoP. I've been dabbling in a bDK. I like them but haven't really had the chance to raid with it for an extended period.

Tank balance is better, but you still have Bears dominating which is still an issue.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    That last sentence is sarcasm right? I can't remember a time when one tank was that much stronger than the rest for practically the entire expansion.
    Hardly druid is now much stronger than most tanks, the shit "soak this much shit" mechanics in ToS is why bear is good (the possibility of having 3 charges of survival instict with laughable CD + KJ trinket make it so bears can pretty much soak anything with no worries); also they are dominant on KJ because they have roars to help the insane positioning and bristling fur being so good on felclaws.
    Still won't be surprised if bears receive a large nerf again, the design of the class is toxic this expansion, ironfur makes the bear scaling stupid with big ilvl items, and you can't nerf it too much because it would be pretty much useless on relatively low ilvls. They probably will get a rework on pre-expansion aptch to get rid of the shit ironfur mechanic.
    Trust me when i say the balance is pretty good comparing to EN-TOV-NH, i've been playing DK for all legion and now i don't feel useless when EN or NH was just "reroll to bear or deal with this impossible shit", especially on EN before they gave DK icebound back, and before the monk buffs.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-09-11 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Tank balance is better, but you still have Bears dominating which is still an issue.
    Bears don't dominate anything this tier. They're just invaluable due to roar on KJ. Blood and Brewmaster are stronger tanks then bear for the majority of encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Hardly druid is now much stronger than most tanks, the shit "soak this much shit" mechanics in ToS is why bear is good
    This is what people don't get about Bear.

I would argue that Bear is the 3rd or 4th best "tank" (in terms of actually tanking/mitigating damage). Behind Blood DK, Monk, and potentially Warrior (physical only), but Bear is really strong at everything else.

Specifically talking about Mythic Kil'jaeden.

1) Stampeding Roar - 1 minute CD to help everyone in your raid get into position for Armageddon or Singularities. The range on Guardian Druid Stampeding Roar is massive (50% of the platform), which is why you can't easily replace it with Shaman Totem or even Feral Druid Roar.

2) Bristling Fur - 45 second CD to cover every single Felclaws. You literally don't need anything else except Bristling Fur to easily survive Mythic Kil'jaeden Felclaws.

3) Rage of the Sleeper - Artifact Ability that makes us immune to singularity knockbacks. Incredibly useful on Kil'jaeden because it allows you to position the boss freely (without moving to corner with singularity) and not have to worry about 2nd Transition Phase (before Singularities spawned in known position). Combine this with Skull Bash's charge effect and Guardian Druid has the easiest time staying on the platform of all the tanks.

4) Ironfur - Not necessarily the ability itself, which in my opinion is relatively fine (given the re-tuning that they have to do every patch to balance it). But the ability to soak Armageddon with only 1 stack of Ironfur is incredibly powerful. Guardian's are one of the only tanks that can easily soak the large Armageddon hits without using their survivability cooldowns.

Basically, Guardian Druid is broken on Mythic Kil'jaeden due to a confluence of abilities and factors. In terms of actual "tanking" Guardian Druid isn't broken and, as other people have said, the balance for "tanking" has been relatively good for ToS (with the only truly notable outlier being Paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    8/9 we have monk and DK, but i'll totally dump my DK for a bear, it is just too good on KJ because of roars. Anyways tank balance is decent this raid, much bettter than nh for sure.
    It was decent untill double bear comp were required for KJ mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baskell View Post
    Hey guys.

Just out of curiosity, which tank comps are your raid team using?
    If you could answer with also what dificulty you're raiding and perhaps if you have a reason why you run those comps.
    Paladin and Guardian druid, oh wait no our Guardian druid decided Monk would be more fun half way through the expac, oh wait again he decided to spend the weekend in vegas and we raid weekends, guess it is the DK who ofspecs tank, oh shit he didn't bother to log on for raid again, guess its a pug................................................

So basically me and whoever can fill that role. Weekends 7PM-10PM EST. Heroic
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

VDH (me) & Bear. Now progressing on M Avatar.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    I've done 7 bosses as VDH but now back to brewmaster for kil'jaeden, co-tank has been druid since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    This is what people don't get about Bear.

I would argue that Bear is the 3rd or 4th best "tank" (in terms of actually tanking/mitigating damage). Behind Blood DK, Monk, and potentially Warrior (physical only), but Bear is really strong at everything else.

Specifically talking about Mythic Kil'jaeden.

1) Stampeding Roar - 1 minute CD to help everyone in your raid get into position for Armageddon or Singularities. The range on Guardian Druid Stampeding Roar is massive (50% of the platform), which is why you can't easily replace it with Shaman Totem or even Feral Druid Roar.

2) Bristling Fur - 45 second CD to cover every single Felclaws. You literally don't need anything else except Bristling Fur to easily survive Mythic Kil'jaeden Felclaws.

3) Rage of the Sleeper - Artifact Ability that makes us immune to singularity knockbacks. Incredibly useful on Kil'jaeden because it allows you to position the boss freely (without moving to corner with singularity) and not have to worry about 2nd Transition Phase (before Singularities spawned in known position). Combine this with Skull Bash's charge effect and Guardian Druid has the easiest time staying on the platform of all the tanks.

4) Ironfur - Not necessarily the ability itself, which in my opinion is relatively fine (given the re-tuning that they have to do every patch to balance it). But the ability to soak Armageddon with only 1 stack of Ironfur is incredibly powerful. Guardian's are one of the only tanks that can easily soak the large Armageddon hits without using their survivability cooldowns.

Basically, Guardian Druid is broken on Mythic Kil'jaeden due to a confluence of abilities and factors. In terms of actual "tanking" Guardian Druid isn't broken and, as other people have said, the balance for "tanking" has been relatively good for ToS (with the only truly notable outlier being Paladin).
    Bear being so adaptable makes it broken.

Bear is the only tank without a glaring weakneses and is decent in every situation.

Monk has no raid utility and crap self sustain

DK has shit movement and is not the best at damage smoothing

War sucks dick vs magic damage/unblockable damage and is very talent reliant

Paladin takes the most spike damage, has shit movement and is the tank most vulnerable to being 1-2 shot

DH has no raid utility and is vulnerable to spike damage.

Point is bear is solid vs all forms of damage has great utility decent movement. No weakness.
    Last edited by dirtybrew; 2017-09-12 at 12:14 PM.

Primary raid: VDH and Prot War. VDH sometimes uses his Guardian druid.

Secondary: 2 x BDK at the start. One went on hiatus due to rl issues, the other burned out and wanted to try dps. We now have a BrM and VDH.