Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Want an unique mount, other in game content for multiple games, access to all stages at Blizzcon, events, special pre-blizzcon videos, and more? 40$

Fixed. People are so dramatic.
    What goodies for their other games?

I looked at the ticket contents on the Blizzard website. You get jack shit apart from the mount and the ability to watch streams. Ooo only Blizzard makes you pay through the nose for twitch/youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    You don't need this mount to beat the game or do anything else in the game. If you feel like $40 is going to break the bank or hurt your ego, don't buy it. On the other hand, if you can't live with yourself if you don't purchase it, then go ahead and buy it. I personally won't because spending any additional funds on this game outside of the subscription is almost entirely useless. So what's it going to be, your ego or the mount?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. Also, this is the first time since the Big Blizzard Bear the WoW ingame Blizzcon goodie has been a mount. Traditionally, it's been a murloc thematic with the upcoming expansion (or in Murkalot/Murkablo's cases, with a Diablo III release, and in Knight-Captain/Legionnaire Murky's case, an Alliance-Horde theme).

Also, you're getting ingame shit for other games, as well as access to Blizzcon streams, and a discount on a fairly underwhelming goodie bag.

And if you really want to push it, it still sums up to $20 per mount, in keeping with the cost of other store mounts. It's just two $20, faction-locked mounts that come with a bunch of other shit for other games and a stream.
    Come to think of it, possibly was because the movie released that year.

But yeah, it's really late to complain about something that's always been this price.

I looked at the ticket contents on the Blizzard website. You get jack shit apart from the mount and the ability to watch streams. Ooo only Blizzard makes you pay through the nose for twitch/youtube.
    Okay, so someone apparently has never known of the virtual ticket until this year.

The other goodies aren't announced yet as far as I know.

Deleted
    Not blizzard's fault you don't have self control.

And where the fck is 40 bucks a months wage? Even if true, someone with that wage has more important problems than overpriced video games...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Epic In-Game Loot
    Every BlizzCon, we give out awesome in-game loot to commemorate the occasion, including digital pets, portraits, and more. Purchase a Virtual Ticket, and you'll get a treasure trove of in-game goodies for Overwatch, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone.

This year’s Virtual Ticket also unlocks a $10 discount on this year’s Goody Bag, featuring a collection of commemorative gear to mark the occasion. *While supplies last. Limit 1 per Virtual Ticket.
    Same as every year, but apparently you decided to miss that, its just the only ANNOUNCED thing so far is the mounts.

they haven't released the specifics, but previous years had something for every game and the description of the ticket mentions the other games digital goodies.

10+ Year Old Account

You'll be getting stuff for Starcraft II, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo III, and Heroes of the Storm, just like with every other Blizzcon virtual ticket. The only ones unlocked right now being the WoW goodies doesn't mean it's only the WoW goodies, and you're either trolling or denser than lead if you think that's the case when Overwatch and HotS have playerbases that at minimum rival if not eclipse WoW's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Come to think of it, possibly was because the movie released that year.

But yeah, it's really late to complain about something that's always been this price.
    Aye. I feel like if the OP knew about the virtual tickets a few years back when they also announced the WoW Annual Pass (which netted you a free copy of Diablo III, a mount in WoW, MoP beta access, and some other stuff I don't remember offhand) they'd have had a coronary.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Aye. I feel like if the OP knew about the virtual tickets a few years back when they also announced the WoW Annual Pass (which netted you a free copy of Diablo III, a mount in WoW, MoP beta access, and some other stuff I don't remember offhand) they'd have had a coronary.
    I think that was actually it. D3, Tyrael's Charger, and the MoP beta access sounds about right in terms of rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Not blizzard's fault you don't have self control.

And where the fck is 40 bucks a months wage? Even if true, someone with that wage has more important problems than overpriced video games...
    Yea, in countries playing videogames that's basically a flat out lie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

you'll notice even in the poorest of eastern europe it's still more than 40 bucks USD

Reading isn't your strong suit is it?
    "Purchase a Virtual Ticket, and you'll get a treasure trove of in-game goodies for Overwatch, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone."

Listed on MMOChamp, Blue Tracker, on the VT purchase page, etc.

Deleted
    ITT: I don't have $40 spare to watch Blizzcon and it makes me really sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Want an Virtual ticket for Blizzcon for the same price as it is for 8 years ? 40$

BLIZZLIKE
    Fixed it for you

Want an unique mount? 40$

BLIZZLIKE
    Or just use gold.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Come on, trolls, try harder.
    I was hoping this prize package would bring out a better effort.

Everyone knows it's $40 to stream the festivities, they just throw in other stuff to make it more attractive/palatable/etc.
    If $40 to watch Blizzcon is offensive to you, don't buy it.
    If you simply can't live without getting the mounts and feel slighted, you really should re-evaluate things.
    It's a mount; a mode of transportation.
    There's a plethora of in-game ones, and yes, even in-game ones that afford room for a friend to hop on.
    The only complaint that would be even remotely reasonable would be if this purchase had an advantage, such as if it a) allowed for flight on Argus only if you purchase the ticket, b) moved at a faster rate than any other mount in-game, or really any other gameplay advantage.
    Literally the only thing this mount will do is be another in a catalogue of soon-to-be-unused mounts in your digital pixel journal of mounts.

People with excess money to burn will buy the ticket.
    Some will have motivations to watch Blizzcon, others just for the mount and/or prize package thingie (prolly has plushies and other silly shit in it).
    It's the way the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    ITT: I don't have $40 spare to watch Blizzcon and it makes me really sad.
    You know that within a matter of hours or days, all the info and most of the video will likely be all over the internet, right? Unless you absolutely have to have the virtual random pets and toys, there's not much of a loss here.

I thought I remembered the first virtual ticket being like $20?
    Anyway, I can buy another Switch game or a handful of unlimited video streaming services for that price. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The only complaint that would be even remotely reasonable would be if this purchase had an advantage, such as if it a) allowed for flight on Argus only if you purchase the ticket,
    Oof! The salt generated over that would be beyond epic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You know that within a matter of hours or days, all the info and most of the video will likely be all over the internet, right? Unless you absolutely have to have the virtual random pets and toys, there's not much of a loss here.
    Rather get the info from the horse's mouth than some (oftentimes poorly worded) summary on the MMO-C front page, and virtual goodies in games I play to boot! 40 bucks is nothing.

Paying 30€ for a mount (and a glorified infomercial) in a 60€ game with a 13€ subscription fee... The gaming industry is a fucking shitshow.

I agree. They're once again forcing players into uncomfortable decisions.

Very Blizzlike.
    How is it uncomfortable?
    You simple judge if you think the ticket is worth 40$ to you or not. The same process as deciding if it's worth buying anything really.