Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    you're a freedom hating nationalist who still lives at home.
    You have no room to talk about hate when you don't pledge!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And here I was expecting it to be someone trying to drum up outrage over the "assault" part of the story. At least you're living up to your username with this particular dumbass spin on the incident. >.>
    And yet another one who attacks the name rather than the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You do NOT get to pick and choose which rulings to recognize. Just like you do not get to pick and chose what you probably want to follow from the bible but do anyways.

You disgust ME.
    You do not get to pick and choose what I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pledge shouldn't even exist anymore. Church and state.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get the popcorn! Dis gone be good.
    inb4 #no true American.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

his name is literally mctroll

why are you taking it seriously?

Why is this thread open? It's bald faced trolling, I mean, look at all the exclamation points...

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The pledge is a stupid thing to have and has no place in schools if you ask me.
    If you're a citizen you by all rights technically abide by what it says considering the oath of citizenship says almost the same things if not more things. The kid flat out says he doesn't pledge to anything other than god and family which means he pretty much renounced his citizenship. If it was school policy to stand and say it, this should be about changing it, but there's really no reason to change it since it's something that we all would have to abide by in being a citizen.

However, legal flip side is that this falls under free speech except in that the school could argue him not standing causes a disruption which in 6th grade it does(usually they give more leeway to high school in terms of what counts as disruption).

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship...states-america

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The pledge shouldn't even exist anymore. Church and state.
    All you have to do is remove the word god and technically it is what you are supposed to adhere to as a US citizen and then some. See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Why is this thread open? It's bald faced trolling, I mean, look at all the exclamation points...
    Like the Tennisace threads with the

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    To be fair, forum without these threads and Tennisace's bait threads will be pretty much dead.

OP, don't cha know being a nationalist is taboo now according to many here?!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If you're a citizen you by all rights technically abide by what it says considering the oath of citizenship says almost the same things if not more things. The kid flat out says he doesn't pledge to anything other than god and family which means he pretty much renounced his citizenship. If it was school policy to stand and say it, this should be about changing it, but there's really no reason to change it since it's something that we all would have to abide by in being a citizen.

However, legal flip side is that this falls under free speech except in that the school could argue him not standing causes a disruption which in 6th grade it does(usually they give more leeway to high school in terms of what counts as disruption).

- - - Updated - - -

All you have to do is remove the word god and technically it is what you are supposed to adhere to as a US citizen and then some. See above.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have to pledge to your country and not be loyal do to its action then it's not a country work your loyalty.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I almost never pledged in grade school; too damn early and I was tired from work, teach (the one I am remembering for the purposes of this post) was a die hard right winger, still understood and let me sleep until class actually started. I always pledged with my scout troop or with the jrotc folks; during my small stint with them- am I a bad american or a good one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    The irony of the pledge is how so many religious people are big on it, despite being little more than "flag worship".

As a child I was a Jehova's Witness. I would stand out of respect for my classmates but I wouldn't hold my hand over my heart nor recite the pledge. No one ever got pissy with me though, much to their credit. Which is saying something considering I live in Texas.
    I did the same thing and nobody had a problem with it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I served in the USAF, and I give no fucks. Try again. Have you ever served?
    Watch out dude, he'd probably say he is a marine or something and shit on the USAF.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But but but, if we remove the word God, what are we one nation under?!?!? pebbles?!? One nation, under pebbles?!?!?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Who was president in 1943? Roosevelt. A democrat, who are known to violate anything and everything that the USA stands for. I do not recognize this ruling.
    lol

The courts ruled that, not the president. You might want to learn about how US law works since you want to claim you are a patriot.

This means nothing under a democrat rule.
    Good of you to reinforce your ignorance.

Which is exactly what we need in this country!
    No, nationalism is actually a really bad thing. Mindlessly accepting anything that your country does whether it is good or bad leads to loss of things such as integrity and human values and typically leads to authoritarianism such as fascism.

Keep your "True Scotsman" to yourself!
    Actually, it isn't a "true scotsman" argument since you admitted that you aren't a patriot by enthusiastically supporting nationalism. They are mutually exclusive.

A patriot proud of their country for the good things they have done, and pushes to maintain the integrity and honor of the nation. It involves criticism and a willingness to call out when our country does bad things. None of those things exist when you want to be a nationalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The pledge is a stupid thing to have and has no place in schools if you ask me.
    Not one person asked you...............

Did someone brought up yet to the denizen of Zul'Gurub that the ''GOD'' bit was added in 1954 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    Not one person asked you...............
    This is a forum to have discussions, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-of-allegiance

There is so little respect nowadays in school that I don't feel bad when a disrespectful runt gets what he deserves for spitting in the face of my nation!

Common' guys. Obvious bait is obvious.

Everyone, even children, should be able to exercise their right to not recite or stand during the pledge of allegiance. Reciting the pledge/hand over heart/standing is a meaningful display to some and is completely meaningless to others. While some Americans truly dislike the US, I suspect that more often than not people express their love of country in other ways. In either case, people should feel free to stand or sit. We live in a free country and forcing people to show respect should go against all of our basic principles.

I was in Alaska on my vacation and my friend and I were making fun of our patriotic styrofoam ice cooler that had a massive American flag on it along with GOD BLESS AMERICA written in huuuuuge caps. We were in a parking lot and were basically like, "Hahaha! How ridiculous is this!" NOT HATING ON AMERICA AT ALL, just thought the patriotism was over the over the top. And the glares from the two cars next to us! One had Texas license plates and the other was Alaskan.

I loved my vacation but it was a good lesson regarding where I grew up and the cultural divide in the US at current. Liberals also have a love for their country, but aren't prone to over the top displays of patriotism that seems to be in fashion among the right at current.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of, it's not stupid. Any self-respecting american will pledge his allegiance to the flag.
    If it hasn't been explained to you in this thread yet I'll spell it out for you.

You-don't-get-to-make-that-call.

You are more than welcome to pledge to what ever you feel like. You can even leave this country and pledge to another one. What you can't do is tell other people what to pledge to. There have been several Supreme Court rulings about this and, unlike you, they can make that call.

Well if you have to force people to pledge allegiance your country can't be that great to begin with.