Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Wink

"I came looking for copper and I found gold"

I was trying to get my Arcanocrystal but i got this Beauty!!!!!

930 + Socket haha

https://us.battle.net/wow/character/...m/Nitwo/simple

Last edited by nidosarg; 2017-10-10 at 10:53 AM.

I've done some serious Relinquished grinding on 4 characters now (scoring a 910 socket Arcano on only one... so far) and I must say I'm all but convinced that getting ToS trinkets is one some special rarity. While it's apparently POSSIBLE, I have yet to personally see one - and I've seen most trinkets from all the previous raids etc. (with the weird but notable exception of Devilsaur Shock Baton, fond are the memories). Luckily, those aren't even BiS for many classes

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Assuming equal drop chances, the chances of getting an Arcanocrystal can be found simply by counting the number of possible outcomes.

However, nothing says it actually IS equal chances. Going by what my guild has been getting, it's probably not unreasonable to suspect there is a certain weighting to it. WQ rewards and dungeon loot seem a lot more common than current-tier raid gear. Of course that's a very limited sample size, and may very well just be coincidence.

Personally, I've been going strong since the patch, averaging a little over 1 trinket a day on two characters. Yesterday my warlock finally got a 910 Arcano with a socket, but my hunter is still firmly in "nothing remotely useful"-territory. Neither character has gotten a single ToS trinket, but one guildie did get Moonglaives.

Been saying this since nethershards came out. The trinkets are very blatantly weighted and some will pop up far more often than others.

I got a 910 Arcano yesterday on my mine/herb druid :/

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Been saying this since nethershards came out. The trinkets are very blatantly weighted and some will pop up far more often than others.
    It does increasingly appear to be that way, yes. I mean, sample size for me personally is still small, but it's getting there. PvP badges seem the most common, as well as dungeon trinkets. Older raids seem a different tier (with world bosses?) while current raid seems highest/rarest tier. That's my impression, anyway. I'm sure someone on reddit or whatever is already aggregating data.

I've done some serious Relinquished grinding on 4 characters now (scoring a 910 socket Arcano on only one... so far) and I must say I'm all but convinced that getting ToS trinkets is one some special rarity. While it's apparently POSSIBLE, I have yet to personally see one - and I've seen most trinkets from all the previous raids etc. (with the weird but notable exception of Devilsaur Shock Baton, fond are the memories). Luckily, those aren't even BiS for many classes
    Nah, it's just RNG. I've gotten at least two Spectral Thurible from it, which drops from Desolate Host, which is probably the worst trinket from ToS.

In my experience the new statsticks drop more often than raid and dungeon trinkets, but it's probably also just RNG.

It does increasingly appear to be that way, yes. I mean, sample size for me personally is still small, but it's getting there. PvP badges seem the most common, as well as dungeon trinkets. Older raids seem a different tier (with world bosses?) while current raid seems highest/rarest tier. That's my impression, anyway. I'm sure someone on reddit or whatever is already aggregating data.
    I've picked up an absurd amount of trinket tokens from nethershards/crystals and it seems highly unlikely to me they aren't weighted. I came to this conclusion after getting something like 7x stormsingers and 8x infernal writs in a fairly small amount of time.

I'm guessing it's weighted the same way diablo legs are, when you spam bloodshards the same legs will pop up over and over.

And with crystals the same exact stat stick will pop up over and over. I'm at like 14x of the same mastery stat stick so far.