Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down People Are Attacking Kendall & Kylie Jenner For Their Racist Handbags…Again

The Link be sure to read page 2 for all the tweets and stuff too

Kendall and Kylie Jenner come from a long line of family controversy in the entertainment industry. With their clothing brands, public appearances and even endorsements of products – the two youngest of the Kardashian and Jenner family have been under immense fire over the last two years. Many claim the family is “out of touch” with reality and continue to promote racist, inappropriate or toxic behaviors, products, and messages. Their clothing company was under attack previously for ripping off designs of famous musicians without their prior consent and the two were even called racist for the use of rappers like Tupac and Biggie Smalls. Now, they’re under attack again, for appropriating a different culture for monetary value.

Both Kendall and Kylie released this mock “Chinese Food Takeout Box” as a handbag in their collection. The bag reads “KK Express, Los Angeles, CA,” and runs a steep $150 on their website.

Of course, people were not happy with the girls for using another culture for monetary gain again – claiming they were appropriating Chinese culture and being bigots and racists. People took to Twitter to slam and share their thoughts.
    So what are you thoughts on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some of those tweets using digital blackface! Racists!

I feel it's not worth my time thinking about it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that anyone that cares about this sort of thing should seek therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The Link be sure to read page 2 for all the tweets and stuff too

So what are you thoughts on this?
    pizzabottle.com

Hmmm :thinking:

How about staying away from crazy sites like that instead?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Chinese takeout boxes aren't even Chinese in origin. But hey, 2017 culture at work I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens to me rarely, very, very rarely... But I felt a deep-seated need in the furthest corner of my soul to come into this thread and tell the world how little shits I give about the Jenners or their racist handbags.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Don't post shit that makes me side with Jenners, because as stupid as this complaint is, it's still distasteful to support them in anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate the Jenners/Kardashians with a passion. If the ground were to suddenly open up and take them away to the pits of Hell, I'd celebrate. To me this handbag isn't racist but tacky, tasteless, unoriginal, and out of touch with girls. And seriously $150 a bag is beyond stupid.

Cultural appropriation is a thing, but this is not it.

First I agree with a FF tweet, then I'm defending a fucking Kardashian. What the fuck is wrong with this timeline?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I hate the Jenners/Kardashians with a passion. If the ground were to suddenly open up and take them away to the pits of Hell, I'd celebrate. To me this handbag isn't racist but tacky, tasteless, unoriginal, and out of touch with girls. And seriously $150 a bag is beyond stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Chinese takeout boxes aren't even Chinese in origin. But hey, 2017 culture at work I guess.
    The hyphenated American is one of the biggest mistakes of the modern world.

Deleted
    That's not racist, it is however an affront to humanity that is how ugly it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the other people saying that it's not really racist, those types of take-out boxes are about as Chinese as fries are French. I would however be embarrassed to have something like that myself, or to be out in public with someone who was carrying one. Something can be distasteful and shameful without being specifically racist.

I hate myself for saying this but that handbag is kind of cute...

Whose culture are they appropriating? Chinese takeout? I suppose that is its own unique culture...

P.S. "pizzabottle.com"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The bag reads “KK Express, Los Angeles, CA,” and runs a steep $150 on their website.
    What's the problem? Would they whiners have wanted it to be KKK Express?

Yeah it isn't racist, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get 0.10 cents off at any Panda Express for bringing your own bag.

Don't give a fuck. Why would I care what styles of clothing people are making? That's not something I need to be worried about

P.S. Isn't $150 cheap for a designer handbag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As much as I don’t like these two. People should fuck off and live their own lives.