When One Button Press Does EVERYTHING

Why would design add auto abilities to one button .. Example:

Remorseless Winter (CD 20sec):

AE Damage
    AE Snare
    AE Root (honor talent)
    AE Stun (talent)

I realize other talents do exist and not every one takes all those talents, but simply having a one fire and forget ability designed that way is just odd. Granted the stun requires x5 ticks BUT consider its on a 20sec CD, so use defensive's once and 20sec latter he has a guaranteed 8sec face time to unload ..

It's really cool players can easily pick up builds and get into them quick, but FOUR fire-and-forget toys in one basket ON a short CD?

In any case .. its Legion design team .. sigh

its an ongoing problem of powercreep wars, abilities used do damage or utility/cc. Now they are mobility, burst, and CC in the same ability button.

10+ Year Old Account
    They baked blazing speed into cauterize and it isn't even a button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Why would design add auto abilities to one button .. Example:

Remorseless Winter (CD 20sec):

AE Damage
    AE Snare
    AE Root (honor talent)
    AE Stun (talent)

I realize other talents do exist and not every one takes all those talents, but simply having a one fire and forget ability designed that way is just odd. Granted the stun requires x5 ticks BUT consider its on a 20sec CD, so use defensive's once and 20sec latter he has a guaranteed 8sec face time to unload ..

It's really cool players can easily pick up builds and get into them quick, but FOUR fire-and-forget toys in one basket ON a short CD?

In any case .. its Legion design team .. sigh
    Yep crappy design, if it was one or two abilities doing one or two things, that would be ok (e.g: old school deep freeze - CC + Burst setup, divine storm - AoE and ST damage).

They wanted to reduce the number of abilities, so they baked a lot of them together and it was a crappy decision, specially for pvp (not as noticeable in PVE).
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.