Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Is it time for Warcraft 2 movie?

Whats up with the waiting time?

Didn't the movie do well enough for them to get to number 2?

Also the way it left it out with baby shrek it was short of a cliffhanger moment.

I do wanna see warcraft 2 as a movie, and I do believe its going to be much better than the 1st one (there were a lot of points in the 1st one that the movie could evolve, like the plot which was totally off for the first 40m-1h you didn't know what was going on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Whats up with the waiting time?

Also the way it left it out with baby shrek it was short of a cliffhanger moment.

I do wanna see warcraft 2 as a movie, and I do believe its going to be much better than the 1st one (there were a lot of points in the 1st one that the movie could evolve, like the plot which was totally off for the first 40m-1h you didn't know what was going on)
    Pretty sure they made the numbers to unlock permission for a Warcraft 2, and I have a feeling it is in motion but we don't know when, I guess. Haven't checked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pretty sure they made the numbers to unlock permission for a Warcraft 2, and I have a feeling it is in motion but we don't know when, I guess. Haven't checked.
    It wasn't successful in NA & just medicore in EU. China is another story, very successful there and the studio got bought by a chinese company. It's possible they produce something focused on the chinese market maybe without a cinema release in the rest of the world, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, it didn't do well. It was a financial failure (didn't break even) and largely got negative reviews. I don't think there will be a second movie.
    hmm 6.9 on imdb and id say yes its around 7 at max. I think they tried making some kind of Lotr movie but they failed due to the story lacking an actual plot until the very end. Still better than many other movies around.

Also breaking even depends on merch selling after the movie etc, wow subs I guess can be accounted to that.

The movie was neither a failure nor a success. Most likely it did break even with its $450 million revenue. I doubt we'll ever see a second Warcraft movie made in Hollywood though. Could see China making another Warcraft movie but US / Europe? Never going to happen unless they cut budget by 3/4 and make it a trash movie.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The first movie barely made its money back and its reception was mostly negative. A second movie seems to risky to worth invest into.

Deleted
    A lot of movie made less money than Warcraft Movies and has required more.

I have totally loved the first movie and I really hope it will be a second.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, movie franchises like Resident Evil still have releases. Wouldn't throw away the chance of Warcraft 2 happening.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Propably not.

If it weren't for China, it would have been a major loss.

I'd rather not see any new Warcraft Movies, the first one was medicore and had plenty of wrong lore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No one goes by IMDB numbers, where anyone can go on there and rate it a 10. They go by critic scores, and those score were bad for Warcraft.
    Critics don't matter to most people. People generally prefer things like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes since it has a far more reasonable and accurate score. True some people will post a 10 and some will post a 0, but the majority still average it out to a reasonable number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'd rather not see any new Warcraft Movies, the first one was medicore and had plenty of wrong lore.
    It didn't have wrong lore it had different lore. They already said Movie Universe is different to game.

Quote Originally Posted by flyleaf View Post
    It wasn't successful in NA & just medicore in EU. China is another story, very successful there and the studio got bought by a chinese company. It's possible they produce something focused on the chinese market maybe without a cinema release in the rest of the world, we'll see.
    No... it was really ok in EU... Its only in US it didnt worked because trolling reviews even before it was screened or leaked anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I mean, movie franchises like Resident Evil still have releases. Wouldn't throw away the chance of Warcraft 2 happening.
    Resident Evils are dumb action movies with guns and zombies and at least break even on domestic markets. Because guns and zombies.

Warcraft flopped hard. Studios will avoid it like a plague now.

The problem was that it didn't apeal to anyone who wasn't already familiar with the universe. A lot of critics mentioned it as the worst movie of 2016.

Not sure... the movie was a great success in China and Europe (don't know why many people are saying it did there mediocre... it was more successful in many EU countries than Deadpool or Suicide Squad), but it pretty much flopped in NA and the reviews turned out to be bad.

The movie itself was great tho IMHO, though I can understand that many people thought that it was a LOTR-copy and the movie did kinda try a lot more to put out as much Warcraft-stuff as possible, but not really tell the story a lot.

But then again, many movies get a sequel, despite having bad reviews too and not being a great success.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-09-22 at 10:17 AM.

It didn't have wrong lore it had different lore. They already said Movie Universe is different to game.
    That's the problem - I don't see any reasons why they changed that.

Resident Evil movies cost 1/4 and make their money back, the last RE movies have been quite successful when it comes to $$$ (critics hate all of the RE movies). You really can't compare $50-100 million movies to a $300-400 million movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    No... it was really ok in EU... Its only in US it didnt worked because trolling reviews even before it was screened or leaked anywhere.
    Trolling reviews? The movie was abysmal. Audiovisually great the rest not so much.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a Chinese company owning the rights to any second movie release, I doubt we will see one. If Blizzard had control over it we'd probably see a 2nd, but I doubt we will.

No. It's time for new Warcraft GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    But then again, many movies get a sequel, despite having bad reviews too and not being a great success.
    Those movies don't cost 160 million to make and only generate 40 million in sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    No. It's time for new Warcraft GAME.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/