Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    the expension that i quit wow

Why did people like Mists so much?

- They changed the talent trees to such an extent that the 'core' aspect of them, present since Vanilla, was completely taken away from players. Sure, there were cookie-cutter builds, but that hasn't changed with the new ones, has it? Alongside Cataclysm it was one of those expansions where pruning and dumbing the game down reached new levels.

- It was extremely goofy. Fish-people, monkeys with bananas, drunk Panda-men, small rabbit-like creatures, etc. It was difficult to take it seriously. Blizzard always had fantastic humour, but this was always backed-up by an otherwise serious setting, Mists of Pandaria felt so over the top.

- Scenarios. These were essentially AoE zergfests with little to no strategy or communication. They were just blind runs with zero interaction needed between players, hence they felt even worse than dungeons.

- Zone design. Other than the Jade Forest and Kun Lai Summit, the other zones felt incredibly dull and looked sub-par. Specifically Dread Wastes (yuck), Townlong Steppes and the Krasarang Wilds. The zone design just didn't cut it out for me, including the quests and overall story.

To each their own, but I really didn't like MoP. Perhaps it was an issue with me and not the game (i.e. I wasn't feeling the magic anymore and was burned out) but I can't say I miss it. I prefer the theme of Legion up until Argus.

Time goes by too fast. dang 5 years already

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Why did people like Mists so much?

- They changed the talent trees to such an extent that the 'core' aspect of them, present since Vanilla, was completely taken away from players. Sure, there were cookie-cutter builds, but that hasn't changed with the new ones, has it? Alongside Cataclysm it was one of those expansions where pruning and dumbing the game down reached new levels.

- It was extremely goofy. Fish-people, monkeys with bananas, drunk Panda-men, small rabbit-like creatures, etc. It was difficult to take it seriously. Blizzard always had fantastic humour, but this was always backed-up by an otherwise serious setting, Mists of Pandaria felt so over the top.

- Scenarios. These were essentially AoE zergfests with little to no strategy or communication. They were just blind runs with zero interaction needed between players, hence they felt even worse than dungeons.

- Zone design. Other than the Jade Forest and Kun Lai Summit, the other zones felt incredibly dull and looked sub-par. Specifically Dread Wastes (yuck), Townlong Steppes and the Krasarang Wilds. The zone design just didn't cut it out for me, including the quests and overall story.

To each their own, but I really didn't like MoP. Perhaps it was an issue with me and not the game (i.e. I wasn't feeling the magic anymore and was burned out) but I can't say I miss it. I prefer the theme of Legion up until Argus.
    Good question, you resumed pretty well what the expansion was. The game did go downhill in cataclysm, both lorewise and too much simplification (started dumbing down the game) but no doubt Mists keept the trend. I quit in the first weeks lorelol cataclysm came out, played a month of Mists of Pandamon and was finally done for good.

I do ocasionally check news about the game but after all this years still don't see a reason to come back. Most friends quit a long time ago and the talent dumbification of trees are way, WAY too big for me to get over it.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.