Question Netherlight Crucible tuning

I see where Dark Sorrows damage was increased by 40%, but didn't they talk about tuning more than one trait to balance them? Did I miss something? Looking at my Skada meter after a day of M+, Argus, and invasion points, I see Chaotic Darkness doing 50% more damage than Secure in the Light, for example. Both offer some healing/absorb value too; I did not think to look at that. Just wondering if current values are likely to stick for a bit, or if we'll see more tweaks. It might affect which relics I use.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-10-01 at 08:39 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I see where Dark Sorrows damage was increased by 40%, but didn't they talk about tuning more than one trait to balance them? Did I miss something? Looking at my Skada meter after a day of M+, Argus, and invasion points, I see Chaotic Darkness doing 50% more damage than Secure in the Light, for example. Both offer some healing/absorb value too; I did not think to look at that. Just wondering if current values are likely to stick for a bit, or if we'll see more tweaks. It might affect which relics I use.
    You're wrong. On one fight, one might be 100% stronger because of RNG, next fight it is the other way.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...lty=0&source=2

Look here. First boss secure the light is much weaker, next fight it is much stronger, overall secure the light did 20% more.

According to sims, traits are very close. And sims are much more accurate than a few logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    You're wrong. On one fight, one might be 100% stronger because of RNG, next fight it is the other way.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...lty=0&source=2

Look here. First boss secure the light is much weaker, next fight it is much stronger, overall secure the light did 20% more.

According to sims, traits are very close. And sims are much more accurate than a few logs.
    Of note, I've been told that this holds true by a friend that does a lot of behind-the-scenes theorycrafting, and it's not widely known yet:

One thing that's not accounted for is that Secure in the light has a set RPPM - whether it procs on damage or healing. The hunter you linked plays MM, which has zero selfhealing outside of exhilaration which can proc it, which means all procs WILL go to damage. Over that log, a single proc was wasted on the shield, due to an exhilaration cast (at around 1hr 19 mins).

If you, on the other hand, play a beast mastery hunter who has a constant self heal from an artifact trait (Spirit bond; KC heals for 15% of the damage dealt), or maybe another class like affliction warlock with drain soul, procs will be wasted on the heal rather than the damage. if OP plays a spec that has a passive heal, it is very much possible that they're seeing a FAR lower contribution from SITL than Shadowbind because of that, while for a non healing class like MM, it seems perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Of note, I've been told that this holds true by a friend that does a lot of behind-the-scenes theorycrafting, and it's not widely known yet:

One thing that's not accounted for is that Secure in the light has a set RPPM - whether it procs on damage or healing. The hunter you linked plays MM, which has zero selfhealing outside of exhilaration which can proc it, which means all procs WILL go to damage. Over that log, a single proc was wasted on the shield, due to an exhilaration cast (at around 1hr 19 mins).

If you, on the other hand, play a beast mastery hunter who has a constant self heal from an artifact trait (Spirit bond; KC heals for 15% of the damage dealt), or maybe another class like affliction warlock with drain soul, procs will be wasted on the heal rather than the damage. if OP plays a spec that has a passive heal, it is very much possible that they're seeing a FAR lower contribution from SITL than Shadowbind because of that, while for a non healing class like MM, it seems perfectly fine.
    ^

Same log, the affliction warlock:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ty=0&source=20

Secure the Light is 10% ahead of chaotic darkness over all 7 bosses. So not a very small log size.

And i dont think it can proc off self healing. I've tested it from self healing and none of the effects procced on healing surges. Maybe there is a bug in few specs, but there is always a best one. And secure the light is overall still better. On my heroic clear this week i had 25% more secure the light damage than Shadowbind, on our mythic KJ tries, both where on the same level. If i add them all up, i get about

Shadowbind 73kk
    Secure the light 78kk

There will always be a best one. But i dont see a particular problem. And aside of few bugfixes, i dont expect any numbers tuning. Expansion is nearly over and there were always specs scaling better with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    ^

Same log, the affliction warlock:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ty=0&source=20

Secure the Light is 10% ahead of chaotic darkness over all 7 bosses. So not a very small log size.

And i dont think it can proc off self healing. I've tested it from self healing and none of the effects procced on healing surges. Maybe there is a bug in few specs, but there is always a best one. And secure the light is overall still better. On my heroic clear this week i had 25% more secure the light damage than Shadowbind, on our mythic KJ tries, both where on the same level. If i add them all up, i get about

Shadowbind 73kk
    Secure the light 78kk

There will always be a best one. But i dont see a particular problem. And aside of few bugfixes, i dont expect any numbers tuning. Expansion is nearly over and there were always specs scaling better with stuff.
    It does indeed procc off self healing. I play affliction warlock and you can easily procc the shield effect. It only proccs if you are actually healing yourself (overhealing doesnt count).