Question ENH "Rotation"/Priority Confusion

Recently returned to the game and have greatly enjoyed playing enhance. I post this for two reasons: 1. To give enhance newbies like myself a great place to get info on the spec & 2. Requesting advice from any skilled enhancement shaman in this forum.

After researching "rotation"/priority, talents, etc. I found myself confused on which talents to take, with no Legendaries yet, talents of course having great impact on rotation. Method's website appears to do a great job of explaining the talent situation - Method Enhance Talents . Their rotation guide is excellent as well, Method Enhance Rotation, but I still have a few questions about it.

On single target only fights, is Crash Lightning removed from the rotation?

On boss fights, LFR only so far, I find myself using Lava Lash quite a bit with high maelstrom, is this correct? Sometimes it or Rockbiter seem the only button to smash, lol.

With no Legendaries, Overcharge or Tempest?

Same question, Tier 90 talent? Crashing Storm, Fury of Air or Sundering?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    On single target only fights, is Crash Lightning removed from the rotation?
    Crash lighting is used after Spirit wolves are popped and while they're up to proc their aoe special ability, think you can squeeze in 2 crash lighting's for max effect. Afterwards it's only really used for 2+ targets (No clue if T20 bonus changes it)
    On boss fights, LFR only so far, I find myself using Lava Lash quite a bit with high maelstrom, is this correct? Sometimes it or Rockbiter seem the only button to smash, lol.
    I believe Lava lash is your primary dump when you're above 40 maelstrom? Aslong as you maintain your landslide buff with Rockbiter and it doesn't fall off, the same with Flametongue and you're refreshing it at 20% of the timer remaining (I believe it's 20%?) so it adds the last seconds ontop of the new buff
    With no Legendaries, Overcharge or Tempest?
    I'd say sim it http://www.simulationcraft.org/ but both options are primarily personal feel. I believe Overcharge provides overall lower dps if you have the Lava lash bracers+ring combo since you will be spending most of your time dumping maelstrom on Lava lash instead of Lighting bolt.
    Same question, Tier 90 talent? Crashing Storm, Fury of Air or Sundering?
    Crashing storm for passive gameplay, fury of air if you feel you can manage it and the only time i used sundering is for on demand aoe with adds that need to die fast and doesn't have a long lifetime.

Haven't touched my shaman in 6-7ish months so if anyone is more up to date, feel free to toss more information
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-10-03 at 03:21 PM.

Thank you Theprejudice! Appreciate all of that!

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    If you have no tier sets bonuses I think you only use Crash to activate wolves ability. Beyond that just use it for cleave.
    You use Crash Lightning when you have the t20 2pc every 15 seconds for the crit buff. Other than that, only to activate cleaves on wolves 2 times (when you spawn them and somewhere in between for maximum effect).

Lava lash gets plenty of use particularly when you get lots of maelstrom procs and need to dump excess. Dont be afraid to use it.
    Use it when ABOVE 60+ Maelstrom. Otherwise you could waste Maelstrom that could've gone either into FoA, CL or Stormstrikes.

Between overcharge and tempest the numbers are really close (dont tell those "sim it" people I said that pls) so go with what feel good. If you have no tier sets or legendaries yet I think overcharge is slightly stronger. I prefer overcharge if no tier bonuses or legendaries are equipped mostly because it adds some dimention to the gameplay. On the other hand I think tempest is much easier to work into your rotation without clogging up the works. Someone out there has some sim that poops out a different number for each of those talents, if you feel like it, pick the highest one.
    Overcharge is slightly stronger as long as you dont play with Ascendance or have the Glove legendaries which proc ascendance, as it quite heavily buffs Ascendance. Even Empowered Stormlash isnt that bad anymore. It comes down to you wanting to manage another ability with a high maelstrom cost or rely on your Stormstrikes to do all the damage. Its most certainly easier to play with Tempest or Empowered Stormlash instead of Overcharge and could confuse people that dont have their maelstrom management down yet.

The thing with T20 is that if you arent using crash then it makes little sence to go for crashing storm. On that note I would favor fury of air but that talent is so annoying to do anything other that 100% uptime dps. Remember that if you run out of maelstrom FoA switches off and if you foget to switch it off it will eat all your maelstrom while not dpsing. More than asking "does the sim poops a bigger number"? You should try it out and see if you like the gameplay. I really dont like it and I dont think the dps difference is enough for me to take a talent I know I wont like playing with.
    FoA wont drain you out of your maelstrom as long as you dont forget to press Ghost Wolf once when there is a phase like on KJ (80% phase) where you cant deal damage, as you gain unlimited maelstrom power while sitting in GW. It is the strongest talent, especially when you have a lot of fights where bosses/adds need to be moved around (see for example Mistress, Harjatan, Sisters during certain phases). Crashing Storm is easier to handle though because of you not having to worry about your Maelstrom management that much, but at the same time you also wont get a lot of use from either your T20 4pc stacks and the maelstrom could better be weaved into high hitting lava lashes or stormstrikes instead

Overall, learn how to manage your Maelstrom correctly and when to use what. Earthen Spike and Ascendance are both strong talents and, when used correctly, can net you a ton of burst DPS during the right phases. If you play with FoA, activate it as soon as possible and try to have it up a 100% of the bossfight. The same goes for Flametongue and Landslide; having it near 100% up time is the way to go. Sundering is btw. never used anymore unless its a mythic + dungeon, as it can help a lot with adds on some of the harder affixes.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Wow! Great information! Exactly the explanations I was looking for!

Thanks to all 3 of you!!