10+ Year Old Account

Disconnect Issue With Levitate

Just wondering if anyone has been having an issue with Lev, where you'll instantly disconnect as soon as you touch the ground with it on. It works normally when I'm already on the ground or getting on top of water, but happens nearly every time I fall any distance. Just now I got disconnected jumping a couple feet between cliff points in Antoran Wastes. It's gotten more annoying than that goddamn disappearing mount bug after hearthing.

Cheers.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I noticed in Throne of Sargeras 2 nights ago when I went to levitate myself and jump onto that little pool that you cross to get to Harjatan. Disconnected twice there, both after jumping with levitate.

We also found out that a demon hunter double jumping while levitated disconnects them. Nice way to troll your raid members! Tehee

This happened to me tonight. After raid I jumped off a ledge and hit Levitate and d/c right has I hit the ground. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    I noticed in Throne of Sargeras 2 nights ago when I went to levitate myself and jump onto that little pool that you cross to get to Harjatan. Disconnected twice there, both after jumping with levitate.

We also found out that a demon hunter double jumping while levitated disconnects them. Nice way to troll your raid members! Tehee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    This happened to me tonight. After raid I jumped off a ledge and hit Levitate and d/c right has I hit the ground. Weird.
    Ok, good to know I'm not the only one having this issue.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    How can an issue like this even exist? And if it does exist how can it only happen to some and not all? Because I’ve never experienced this issue. Just tested it out to be sure - no dc.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I use leviate quite often to prolong speed boosts, so I've noticed this bug quite a bit. As far as I can tell its been an issue ever since 7.3 released. Its not limited to ToS, and its not limited to leviate. My friend who plays a mage has been complaining about it aswell. Seems theres some bug that can disconnect you if you land while slowfalling. I made a cancel aura macro to remove leviate that I press before landing, and ever since I started using that I havent been disconnected.

Happens to me fairly frequently (probably 5-10% of the time) when landing downhill from where I started. Hope they fix it soon!

This has been a bug for a LONG time. And it's not just with levitate. Often when I'm using my engineering glider, right when I hit the ground, I'll d/c. Happens other times as well when I hit the ground, levitate seems to exacerbate the effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    How can an issue like this even exist? And if it does exist how can it only happen to some and not all? Because I’ve never experienced this issue. Just tested it out to be sure - no dc.
    Who knows. Wow's code is extremely complex. My guess is it's some server-side check in an attempt to prevent some sort of exploit that has bled over into causing a problem in non-exploit situations.