Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They named the Triumvirate trinkets incorrectly.

Kil'Jaeden's trinket should be the tanking trinket and Archimonde's should be the DPS one.

I get what they were going for trying to match the fireball to the meteors in the KJ fight but he really should have the tanking one.

For one thing Archimonde is known as "The Destroyer" and for another back in the good ol' days Archy was a mage, Velen was a priest of course but KJ was a Vindicator (or at least that's the armor he wore.)

Anyway they represent the "holy trinity" of DPS, Heal, Tank but Blizz in their infinite wisdom has given the tank trinket to the DPS.

This offends me and I demand that they change it.

Well, not really, but it does kinda bug me enough to write about it.

Archimonde was known as being the main field-commander of the Burning Legion, and more often than not stayed in the front lines. Guess what role stays on the "front-lines" of a boss fight, and historically speaking, has been the leader, or "commander" of the raid... that's right, tanks. Obviously other roles can raid lead, but my point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Archimonde was known as being the main field-commander of the Burning Legion, and more often than not stayed in the front lines. Guess what role stays on the "front-lines" of a boss fight, and historically speaking, has been the leader, or "commander" of the raid... that's right, tanks. Obviously other roles can raid lead, but my point still stands.
    Clearly you haven't tanked for overzealous DPS before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Archimonde is also typically shown in robes, while KilJaden is shown in armor. Archemonde also was the mage of the group.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Archimonde is also typically shown in robes, while KilJaden is shown in armor. Archemonde also was the mage of the group.
    Illidan also used to wear robes and was a mage, and now he is one of the most skilled melee-combat fighters in lore. I'm sure Archi honed his combat skills to be top notch within those 25k years of being in the Legion. Also, if KJ is the "tank" why wasn't he there on the front-lines during the WoTA, while Archimonde was?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any problems with either.
    I also like who your brought "The Destroyer" title of Archimonde to reinforce your point, but conveniently not mention "The Deceiver" title of Kil'Jaeden. See? Both titles don't really fall into "tank" category, but (at least IMO) someone called "The Deceiver" wouldn't be a good candidate for being on a frontline or durable in any sense.

So, yeah, i'll take Archimonde representing a tank over Kil'Jaeden any time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

They're both highly powerful in terms of magical, physical and mental prowess. There you have it.

Red Shirt Guy, is that you?

No, seriously, this is the most pointless lore problem I have ever seen on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't have any problems with either.
    I also like who your brought "The Destroyer" title of Archimonde to reinforce your point, but conveniently not mention "The Deceiver" title of Kil'Jaeden. See? Both titles don't really fall into "tank" category, but (at least IMO) someone called "The Deceiver" wouldn't be a good candidate for being on a frontline or durable in any sense.

So, yeah, i'll take Archimonde representing a tank over Kil'Jaeden any time
    The primary purpose of a tank is crowd control and mob manipulation. Seems kinda deceitful to me ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.. uhm... maybe we're thinking too much into it and it doesn't have to do with anything of their past but just a name for an item?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    They are fine.

The "in your face" trinket is named after the "in your face" guy
    The "i'll just let the 1st guy take the punishment, while i do my own stuff" one is named after the guy who does just that
    The "i'll help others" one is named after the holy one of them.

I see no issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The primary purpose of a tank is crowd control and mob manipulation. Seems kinda deceitful to me ....
    That's for rogues with Stuns and CCs. So DPS.

Tank is just tanking the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden's trinket should be the tanking trinket and Archimonde's should be the DPS one.
    You do know, KJ is described as a spell caster and Archimonde as a Warrior, right?

There is nothing tanky to KJ..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-10-13 at 05:52 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Pretty sure KJ was a mage.

His part of the Crown of the Triumvirate was the Crest of Knowledge and knowledge is pretty much always related to arcane as arcane is effectively the power of science in WoW. Advanced physics or something. It was also a data storage device like; http://www.wowhead.com/item=107859/annals-of-aruuna; but much more powerful.

He's just wearing paladin armor because there's very little draenei themed armor in the game that isn't paladin armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Archimonde known for being the most brutish and combat minded? Kil'jaeden was the sneakier manipulative one where Archimonde was the "just smash them to death" one.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's for rogues with Stuns and CCs. So DPS.

Tank is just tanking the damage.
    Except it's not rogues line of sighting groups around pillars or pulling mobs out of ground healing or buffing effects.

Your definition of crowd control is mob control, the tank controls the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You do know, KJ is described as a spell caster and Archimonde as a Warrior, right?

There is nothing tanky to KJ..
    Archimonde is literally a mage.

He was a student of the skull of manari that demonology warlocks have and turned him in to the council, which netted him a seat on said council. He also trained the other mages at the academy in Mac'Aree.

KJ just by mode of dress is clearly a vindicaar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Pretty sure KJ was a mage.

His part of the Crown of the Triumvirate was the Crest of Knowledge and knowledge is pretty much always related to arcane as arcane is effectively the power of science in WoW. Advanced physics or something. It was also a data storage device like; http://www.wowhead.com/item=107859/annals-of-aruuna; but much more powerful.

He's just wearing paladin armor because there's very little draenei themed armor in the game that isn't paladin armor.
    This can get into whether or not the Eredar civilization prior to Velen leaving was based on the arcane or the light. I'd go with arcane simply because magic was held in highest regard and all of their technology revolving around crystals is a throw back to mana-gems.

So there very well could have been arcane vindicaars around as well of which KJ would control that order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Isn't Archimonde known for being the most brutish and combat minded? Kil'jaeden was the sneakier manipulative one where Archimonde was the "just smash them to death" one.
    He is, which is why he should have the trinket that involves chucking big fireballs at foes named after him.

0/10 OP. Kil'Jaeden is specifically known for never attacking directly and preferring to deceive his opponents and set up elaborate traps and such, Archimonde is known for the opposite and using brute force. Neither are "tanks" which to be honest aren't even a thing in the lore, they're a thing in gameplay.

Deleted

I get what they were going for trying to match the fireball to the meteors in the KJ fight but he really should have the tanking one.

For one thing Archimonde is known as "The Destroyer" and for another back in the good ol' days Archy was a mage, Velen was a priest of course but KJ was a Vindicator (or at least that's the armor he wore.)

Anyway they represent the "holy trinity" of DPS, Heal, Tank but Blizz in their infinite wisdom has given the tank trinket to the DPS.

This offends me and I demand that they change it.

Well, not really, but it does kinda bug me enough to write about it.
    Why does vindicator equal tank? Aren't vindicators just draenei paladins?

Except it's not rogues line of sighting groups around pillars or pulling mobs out of ground healing or buffing effects.
    Except it is.