Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Is ANTIFA and BLM domestic terrorist organizations?

I'm genuinely curious as to how people feel about these organizations, because it seems they cause more violence and harm than any potential "good" that they do.

Can they be appropriately labeled as domestic terrorist organizations? Because looting and rioting happens whenever these people get together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking objects and stealing stuff doesn't really qualify you to be labeled as a terrorist organization. We don't need to label everything we don't like as terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    terrorism lost any meaning as a term over a decade ago.

I believe there's already a thread about this somewhere else, however the difference is that Antifa has been recognized as a domestic terrorist group. Their actions of public destruction and endangerment has proven this. But sadly not enough being enough to stop their actions. I'm a bit worried on how people are even joining, or just show up in black.

Now BLM, there was an attempted petition to get them recognized the same after the burning of stores and cars. But sadly, the obama administration didn't do anything despite meeting the petition requirements. But I wasn't too shocked. Black Lives Matter has done more in forcing their own support to submit to their demands, and not so much paint good images.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not. A loose label like "Antifa" or "BLM" isn't even an organisation in the classical sense, they don't have an ideology that praises terror, nor have they comitted any acts of terror. A number of their "members" are idiots looking for a fight, but the same can be said for many sports clubs.

ONe is a twitter hashtag and the other one is a made up organization.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as to how people feel about these organizations, because it seems they cause more violence and harm than any potential "good" that they do.

Can they be appropriately labeled as domestic terrorist organizations? Because looting and rioting happens whenever these people get together.
    When you use violence for political reasons, yes you're a domestic terrorist.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

No, they can't. You can't label anyone you don't like as terrorist - even if that word has really lost all meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When you use violence for political reasons, yes you're a domestic terrorist.
    No, that is patently false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Breaking objects and stealing stuff doesn't really qualify you to be labeled as a terrorist organization. We don't need to label everything we don't like as terrorism.
    Harming other people and their property for the sake of radical beliefs is definitionally terrorism. I guess im just asking are these groups radical enough to be labeled "domestic terrorists"?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Harming other people and their property for the sake of radical beliefs is definitionally terrorism. I guess im just asking are these groups radical enough to be labeled "domestic terrorists"?
    No, it's not - you just want it to be to push your own agenda.

You should have used (ARE) not (IS) careful Jaylock, your intelligence is showing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    ONe is a twitter hashtag and the other one is a made up organization.....
    And then there is this - which has solid merits.

Examples of domestic terrorist groups: KKK, Arian Nation, Neo-Nazi

Do they have leaders and cells that collaborate with each other?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, they can't. You can't label anyone you don't like as terrorist - even if that word has really lost all meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that is patently false.
    If these groups were peacefully protesting, then thats fine, and that is covered under their first amendment rights, but they aren't. They are destroying property, and harming other people and claiming that the others they are doing this to somehow deserve it.

News flash: No one deserves to be harmed by another person, for ANY reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jay, bro . . . . . . . . . what happened to your trolling abilities, you used to be the master . . . . . . . . we looked up to you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If these groups were peacefully protesting, then thats fine, and that is covered under their first amendment rights, but they aren't. They are destroying property, and harming other people and claiming that the others they are doing this to somehow deserve it.

News flash: No one deserves to be harmed by another person, for ANY reason.
    So petty thieves are domestic terrorists now? Anyone accused of assault/battery.

You need to make up your mind before you push your ridiculous agenda. Just because you don't like a group, doesn't mean you can label them terrorists. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Jay, bro . . . . . . . . . what happened to your trolling abilities, you used to be the master . . . . . . . . we looked up to you.
    I know, right? I'm responding to him with one brain tied behind my back. He's making too easy at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter that much if a group is a domestic terror group, so long as the members are citizens then evidence of wrong doing is gathered for each individual. The "group" existing just means it's much easier to get leads across the group.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-10-06 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    You should have used (ARE) not (IS) careful Jaylock, your intelligence is showing.
    That are a good point

Why do we have to put a label on it? They are just bad people with bad intentions.

“Fascists are bad and should be opposed at all costs otherwise they tend to end up gassing and shooting millions of people” and “Black people’s lives matter as much as white people’s lives, and as a result black people should be treated the same by law enforcement officers” are considered radical beliefs now?

My grandad fought at Monte Cassino and survived being strafed by a fucking Stuka. It pains me sometimes that he had to go through hell to help defeat fascism and instead of ushering in a better world with people who turn their backs on facist hate we got Internet trolls like Jaylock. What a waste of a generation.