Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Every hard content will be faced with a backlash. Similarly old-school fans like challenging content.
    Suramar was actually the first max-level questing zone for me. It felt very grindy. You just completed quests and hoped that they would stop. I hoped that we would have taken over Suramar entirely, but that didn't happen.
    It was good zone and something that makes Legion special. Hard to say with 2017 goggles whether it was too grindy.

Brilliant city. That arcwine though ... XD

I have several alts have made sure I do the content on each because I found it enjoyable. Now the AP is a nice reward too ofc!

Deleted
    It would have been awesome to have Suramar at players' disposal as the main expansion city instead of recycling Dalaran from WoTLK!
    Altough, maybe it would have been too much dispersive, I guess?

Suramar is beautiful and will make one hell of a capital city one day.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Nice design but utter failure from the gameplay and replayability standpoint for sure. A dead zone atm. The moment I got Surmaritan I never went there except for odd WQ here and there. And that's with flying obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    It's possible to get up there without murdering everything around you first? Every time I ever tried I got killed. The difference here is that you can probably play Metal Gear Solid games, I can't even get past the first bit. I suck at stealth. It's a play style I can't get my head around. And they clearly built that entire city with that game play in mind. Which as I said, I don't mind for a quest or two, but Suramar was too much. I won't touch that zone with my alts.
    dont walk in the circles is too hard? you might want your vision checked, like it's hard if you cannot see the circles i guess.

To me it's the worst part of the expansion. Forced myself through there to get flying. I don't do the emissary there usually. Ugliest "city" by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its the best zone Blizzard has ever done as far as carrying a story. Yes, there were several crappy quests mixed in there. Yes, the "What are you hiding?" thing got annoying, but it was a zone that really felt like you were having an impact all the way through. If they put as much effort into all zones going forward that they did with Suramar, I'd be pretty happy. Just drop the costume/guard thing please.

Why do bad players hate zones with a challenge like Suramar and Vash'jir so much?

Do you just hate anything that challenges you? That isn't always convenient?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I still have nightmares about carrying barrels to the boat. Let that zone rot in hell for all eternity.
    Did this all the time on an active PvP server that was not 90% one faction or the other but fairly balanced and never had issues with this. At the start when it was really crowded it could be a bit of an annoyance but not more or less than others tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Why do bad players hate zones with a challenge like Suramar and Vash'jir so much?

I actually love Vash'jir, second favorite part of Cata. Favorite being Molten Front. I thought Vash'jir was beautiful, a nice mix up from the norm, a well told story (right up till the end), and very fun.

The city is gorgeous but the questline was incredibly boring to play through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Playing through this on an alt for the AP (so much AP at current AK), and realizing again how well done it was. Great art, best city (only real city), engaging game play, solid tie-ins with dungeons and raid, and some really good story telling. They had to listen through some players complaining about it being too hard or inconvenient, but some of us appreciated a wee bit of challenge in world content for a change. This is as good as anything Blizz has ever done, imho, and we can only hope the team responsible can come up with something comparable for next xpac.

It's lilac hideousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Why do <some> players hate zones with a challenge like Suramar and Vash'jir so much?

Amen. I'm very aware that some players want flat zones and fast-dying mobs with lots of loot, but I've never understood why. The game is the reward, not the loot. The loot will be obsolete within a month or two anyway. The real reward is the game itself. Blizz put a lot of work into Suramar, and it shows. Thank you Blizz. Some of us appreciate it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Suramar City is like my country. Breathtaking sights. Only people are sh**.

Lovely city filled with NPCs that will be forgotten in the next xpac

I doubt the nightbourne elves will ever make another appearance after Legion!

WHO GOES THERE!?

But seriously pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Suramar City is like the world. Breathtaking sights. Only people are sh**.
    Fixed. 10/char

Suramar looks awesome and had a decent play through. That said I've never done it a second time, so I'm not sure what that says about it really being all that fun to play through.