Is it possible to upgrade legion mission table followers very quick?

I can't believe there is so much timegating regarding previous expansions, I can barely do anything quick on my alt account, I want to unlock void elves and I read that completing missions at 200% is a good way to improve rep quick otherwise it's very slow and involves a lot of world questing and you know.... argus world questing sucks even at 120.

So, is there a way to improve followers very quick? at this point I'm considering giving up, I rather not play legion all over again, seriously they should nerf something, it's insane to commit so much time just for cosmetic rewards alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I can't believe there is so much timegating regarding previous expansions, I can barely do anything quick on my alt account, I want to unlock void elves and I read that completing missions at 200% is a good way to improve rep quick otherwise it's very slow and involves a lot of world questing and you know.... argus world questing sucks even at 120.

So, is there a way to improve followers very quick? at this point I'm considering giving up, I rather not play legion all over again, seriously they should nerf something, it's insane to commit so much time just for cosmetic rewards alone.
    The fastest way is still argus Wqs, those mission table tasks are random and takes from 4 to 20 hours to complete 1. It's not that much faster. And no there are no catch up mechanics for old content apart from the ones that were already in place from when legion was the main expansion.

I just realized that once you unlock argus missions you can get an item to instantly increase your followers ilvl to 900, that's pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I just realized that once you unlock argus missions you can get an item to instantly increase your followers ilvl to 900, that's pretty good.
    that and nethershards can be used to buy follower exp items to grant to your fiollowers on the broken shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content