Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    That's perfect. It's like these folks have selective amnesia. Or just are bad faith actors.
    Absolutely the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Emerson is currently an outlier and is dragging his approval up... His trendline hasn't been all that great.

Polls are also about 2 week lagging indicators of current events. How much will his polling drop when the Ukraine stuff gets factored in?
    They will tank his approval rating. Again
    Remember, all of this is with a pretty decent Economy, the moment we enter a recession (and i would say that the moment is coming soon) his approval will never be around 40% any more
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Even focuses on his approval ratings which as essentially been locked in the 40-45% range for the entirety of his Presidency, his disapproval has been locked in the 50-55% range too, those people aren't coming back into the GOP fold, and they're motivated as hell. 2017 and 2018 were indications of what's going on, the GOP is bleeding the white, suburban, middle class, soccer mom types in droves and losing college educated more and more. The GOP already had an issue with practically every single minority voting bloc in the country and Trump sure as shit didn't help the situation.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Approval ratings are a useless measure in such a partisan political climate, regardless of side. Presidents used to have 80%+ ratings; we'll never see that again in our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Even focuses on his approval ratings which as essentially been locked in the 40-45% range for the entirety of his Presidency, his disapproval has been locked in the 50-55% range too, those people aren't coming back into the GOP fold, and they're motivated as hell. 2017 and 2018 were indications of what's going on, the GOP is bleeding the white, suburban, middle class, soccer mom types in droves and losing college educated more and more. The GOP already had an issue with practically every single minority voting bloc in the country and Trump sure as shit didn't help the situation.
    That's how approval ratings work...

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's how approval ratings work...
    Yeah, there is virtually no middle ground fence sitting with Trump. The 'nays' have it, by quite a bit, and they're motivated.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Approval ratings are a useless measure in such a partisan political climate, regardless of side. Presidents used to have 80%+ ratings; we'll never see that again in our lifetimes.
    Yeah, I think the last time I saw a high approval rating that high was after 9/11

So more bad news for Trump. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

1) Trump is looking to cut back on UN funding, which would immediately make China number 1 in total funding, and also, in troops provided for peacekeeping. Considering China is looking to get UN support for their multi continent Silk Road, this advance in world leadership will only improve their ability to work trade deals.

2) The Kaiser Family Foundation releases yet another report showing health care costs are continuing to rise, despite Trump's moves on the ACA. Work-provided plans are getting more expensive and also less effective, in part by the partial breakdown Trump unilaterally imposed.

Can't. Stop. Laughing. Most inept administration in recent memory.
    https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/11...727908866?s=20

Most inept or do we have another Deep Throat in the making?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Most inept or do we have another Deep Throat in the making?
    More of a Just the Tip.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So more bad news for Trump. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

2) The Kaiser Family Foundation releases yet another report showing health care costs are continuing to rise, despite Trump's moves on the ACA. Work-provided plans are getting more expensive and also less effective, in part by the partial breakdown Trump unilaterally imposed.
    Annual premiums for employer sponsored family health coverage reached $20,576 this year, up 5% from last year, with workers on average paying $6,015 toward the cost of their coverage.

But but how would they pay for Medicare for all???

That's 900 billion dollars paid for by workers for health insurance.

That's 2-2.5 trillion paid for by corporations.

On top of 800 billion collected for Medicare.

600 billion on all the Medicaid programs

200 billion for the VA.

On top of the deductible and copays people pay each year in addition to their premiums.

Naaaah, there is noooooo way to pay for it....nope... /S

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Naaaah, there is noooooo way to pay for it
    I saw a retweet that went like this:

"Suppose your health care cost $1,000"

"Then, because of Medicare for all, you don't pay $1,000 a month but your taxes go up by $750"

"If someone tells you this is a tax increase, they are the ones getting your $1,000"

- - - Updated - - -

Senate holds second vote to end National Emergency Lol on the southern border. Vote was 54-41.

"Ah, party lines?"

No, 11 GOP members voted to end it with the Democrats.

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Susan Collins (Maine), Mike Lee (Utah), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Rand Paul (Ky.), Rob Portman (Ohio), Mitt Romney (Utah), Pat Toomey (Pa.) and Roger Wicker (Miss.) voted to end the president's declaration.
    "So it ended with filibuster."

No, simple majority, it's not a bill.

Simply put, an increasing number of GOP members are feeling no need to walk side-by-side with Trump on everything. In an election year, that's a dangerous sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's talk about --

"Oh, what now?"

-- the spending bill.

Haven't heard much, yes the news is kind of clogged with "Trump admits he committed a felony" stuff, but haven't heard much on this topic recently.

Six days ago, the House passed their spending bill. As @Skroe keeps saying, these bills have high bipartisan support, 301 to 123 in this case.

Two days ago, Trump said he would sign it. Based on the House vote, that's largely symbolic, but at least it's progress. And it's not like he wants a shutdown anyhow.

Then...silence, mostly.

The Senate Appropriations Committee didn’t start work on its own bills until last week, that panel’s latest start in 32 years — and it’s been a rocky one marked by unusual partisan disagreements over funding allocations and policy riders. The House passed 10 of its 12 bills, but at funding levels that hadn’t been agreed to by Republicans or the White House.
    The Senate was supposed to vote this week. The deadline is Sept 30th, and this only covers till Nov 21. We could see this again easily.

"So what's the holdup?"

Well, for one, Trump's being impeached. But more importantly, the Wall. Simply put, the Democrats know full well Trump is already looking to move yet more military funding to Pelosi's flower garden, and they're taking steps to prevent this.

"So what will happen?"

See above Wall vote. It looks like the GOP has two choices:
    1) block money for buying more Wall, and pass a budget, or
    2) allow money for buying more Wall, and cause a shutdown.

Well, I can think of 54 to 41 reasons why it'll be the first option.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably cackling with glee, CNN releases the list of 79 lies Trump told last week alone.

Here are some of the better ones:

1) Trump claimed there was no delay in Ukrainian aid.

2) Trump retweeted the debunked "Omar danced on 9/11" meme.

3) Trump said the top mountain climbers couldn't get past his Wall.

4) Here's a fun one: Trump said Biden's son was under investigation. There's actually no evidence of that. Biden's son was a member of the board of a company whose head, Mykola Zlochevsky, was already being investigated by the UK -- so maybe joining the company then wasn't a great idea -- but there's no actual evidence Hunter Biden was ever a target.

Plus, as I've mentioned multiple times, the Ukrainian government has since said no evidence of wrongdoing.

5) Trump's claim that San Fransisco's homeless are causing a pollution problem is not yet backed by any information. Even his EPA shrugs on that one.

6) Trump said the nuclear arsenal is in 'tippy-top shape.' Yes, that's an exact quote. He left out the part where Obama spent a trillion dollars fixing it up, and Trump did nothing.

7) Trump claimed that he got 90% of the Cuban-American vote. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

8) This is a minor point, but, Trump says he removed the estate tax. I've been saying that too. Well, I was wrong. He did push up the limit at which it must be paid, however.

9) Despite Trump's claim, there is still 0 miles of Wall where there was no border before. He's fixing Obama's fence, that's it.

10) Trump said "many more" Korean war remains are coming back. That's flat-out false. In fact, we haven't had any returned in a year and North Korea stopped returning our calls so the program is shut down. This is Trump's respect for our veterans, by the way.

No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Every network should be doing this by now. Fact-checking in real time and cutting away when the president is spewing blatant falsehoods. I'm not talking about spin, that's totally fine, but objectively untrue information and bullshit he pulls out of his ass like Obama asking foreign leaders to investigate Trump.

But most won't. That's harder to produce than just airing a speech and then sitting down with a panel to gab on for 20 minutes afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...jmzu-ULK1_truQ

Senate voted to overturn Trumps emergency declaration over the border wall.

He's still not getting his fucking wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Can't. Stop. Laughing. Most inept administration in recent memory.
    https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/11...727908866?s=20
    I can't believe they mentioned the Deep State twice in those talking points. When the White House uses conspiracy theories you know it's fucked.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I can't believe they mentioned the Deep State twice in those talking points. When the White House uses conspiracy theories you know it's fucked.
    You missed the part that they actually sent the email meant to go to Trump's people and they asked the Democrats to disregard the last email https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176892635526651905

The director of BLM filed --

"He doesn't exist."

The acting director of BLM filed a list of the companies he had to recuse himself from working with, as director of BLM, because he'd worked with them before.

The list was 17 pages.

“This is a long list of recusals,” said Delaney Marsco, legal council for ethics at the Campaign Legal Center. “If these matters relate to his job in some way, and they likely do if has to recuse himself from them, it’s troubling that there’s so much of a person's job that they can’t do.”

Aaron Weiss, deputy director of Western Priorities, a conservation watchdog group, also questioned whether the bureau chief's recusal list would interfere with his ability to lead the agency.

“A BLM director has to balance multiple uses and that means balancing conservation and recreation and energy development and ranching, and if in any given decisions the BLM director is conflicted in one way or another with any of those interests, there’s no way for them to make good decisions,” Weiss said.

“Looking at the breadth of Pendley's conflicts, it’s hard to see how he can do the job because he has worked for so many clients across the West.”
    The list includes some energy companies, some farms, and some airline companies.

Also he has to file notice before his book promotion tours, such as "Warriors for the West: Fighting Bureaucrats, Radical Groups, and Liberal Judges on America’s Frontier."

So...Acting BLM head can just show up and play Minecraft most of the day and let his Deputies do his job, then?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    You missed the part that they actually sent the email meant to go to Trump's people and they asked the Democrats to disregard the last email https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1176892635526651905
    Now that's just sad.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866