Well of course he is. It's not a monument to the orange king so it doesn't matter!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-supreme-court

So I was joking about this, but I hate that absurd jokes can become a potential reality.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck everything about this and everyone that supports this.

I sincerely hope the next Democrat in office tears all of these down except for the small stretch where Trump signed his name and designates a national monument to our shame and humiliation at our naked, transparent, monumentally stupid racism.
    Walls and borders are racist?
    Well, why dont you open your door honey and let everyone into your home then?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    This wall is racist, yes. But I'm glad facts, nuance, and context doesn't seem to have butted into your reality yet.

And I mean, I live in an apartment complex with plenty of immigrant families. I don't know them too well (or any of my neighbors), but our interactions have always been lovely and I'd have no problem having more move in.

Not that "THEWALL" is actually doing anything because you know...it can be defeated by...

A ladder
    Consumer-grade power tools
    Rope
    Tunnels
    The fucking wind

So it's really largely just a gigantic art installation, as it's doing nothing to accomplish the job it's supposed to. I guess Republicans finally decided to support the arts, but just chose the shittiest fucking art installation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Please, convince me this isn't a cult.
    Actually, I think it's this other religious thing:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-not-w...inping-1486293

Don't worry everyone, Trump talked to Xi Jinping, who told him that everything was A-OK with the Corona virus. Nothing to worry about.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

Please don't pay any attention to the potentially leaked real statistics. Just believe Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist party, as they'd never lie about anything ever. Not to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean we can blow up Trump and put a wall in his place?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post

lol
    Yeah, borders to a country and the door to my house are exactly the same thing. Since that its now true, you and the rest of Trump's cult get the fuck out of my country.

OR stop using this stupid ass argument if you now understand why its stupid.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ronald Reagan.
    The Reagan worship has largely been post facto. They were somewhat reasonable during his actual Administration.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...t-trump-111942

And now the emoluments trial is probably dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...t-trump-111942

And now the emoluments trial is probably dead.
    Interesting. This makes no legal judgment, it just says the Congresspeople who filed the suit have no standing to sue the President under the Emouluments Clause. But then, who does? Violation of the clause harms any taxpayer equally. There's not a specific victim, the victim is American taxpayers.

Not sure who WOULD have standing in this case. The foreign countries who feel pressured to enrich the President by spending at his hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Interesting. This makes no legal judgment, it just says the Congresspeople who filed the suit have no standing to sue the President under the Emouluments Clause. But then, who does? Violation of the clause harms any taxpayer equally. There's not a specific victim, the victim is American taxpayers.

Not sure who WOULD have standing in this case. The foreign countries who feel pressured to enrich the President by spending at his hotel?
    "Only an institution can assert an institutional injury," the court wrote in its brief, 12-page decision.
    I guess it has to be the full House or something? I'm confused.

I guess it has to be the full House or something? I'm confused.
    The article says "institutions have to sue for institutional injury," and that somehow to press the suit, Congress as a whole would have to pursue the suit. Seeing as Republicans control the Senate, this isn't possible.

The other cases have struggled with standing as well. Might be an interesting edge case in ConLaw case books in the future - who has a right to sue for breaches of constitutional duty?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Your system is so weird, if not the House, the who the hell can? DoJ is in his pocket.

To all those who simply want to "stick it to the libs", congrats, you will bring this country closer to an autocracy where eventually even your opinion won't matter.

Your spitefulness will be the downfall to everyone. And all you get is a stupid red hat. SMH.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Hopefully she can teach us all how to be best

Trump wants to give NASA a $3 billion increase, it's largest in decades, up to $25 billion for FY 2021 (from $22 billion in FY2020)
    https://techcrunch.com/2020/02/07/tr...oost-for-2021/

While the full $3 billion boost is unlikely to happen all at once, an increase on the order of ~$1.8 billion is certainly plausible. NASA has been one of the few agencies since 2008 that's seen regular above-inflation budget increases as the bipartisan budget consensus swept away the Obama Administration's, and then early Trump Administration's plans for meddling. Basically, it's a reliable vector of moving federal tax dollars to influential states like California, Texas and Florida. But most of all Alabama, because of power Republican Budget chairman Senator Richard Shelby.

I've never really paid attention or really even listened to Ben Carson, but what is this nonsense? He's basically saying "Trump is all about kindness and isn't racist. Just ask the servants." As though anyone that is cleaning dishes or parking cars must be a minority.
    Rich people always mistake the kindness of "the help" as genuine affection, rather than "the help" just looking to keep their damn jobs while working for a bunch of snowflakes.

Some of them actually believe they're more than "the help" too. My aunt runs a cleaning business and viewed herself as part of "the family" for one of her uber-wealthy clients as she has a great relationship with them. But in recent years, especially after a minor incident that wasn't even her fault, she was reminded that despite that great personal relationship, she and her employees will always be "the help" and will never, ever be considered a friend, "family", or an equal.

This piece of crap president is literally sharing fake news where Facebook won't do anything about it and Twitter hasn't responded to the request to remove the video. I swear social media outlets are the reason why this guy will be reelected again. Greed before ethics I guess... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

A growing number of Democratic lawmakers are calling for Twitter and Facebook to pull down an edited video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) that was posted by President Trump on Thursday, reigniting a battle over how much responsibility social media platforms should assume over viral footage that could mislead viewers.
    https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...ideo-posted-by
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    This wall is racist, yes. But I'm glad facts, nuance, and context doesn't seem to have butted into your reality yet.
    lol, you are calling a wall racist and I am the one that does not adhere to facts ?
    The kekest of all keks.

And I mean, I live in an apartment complex with plenty of immigrant families. I don't know them too well (or any of my neighbors), but our interactions have always been lovely and I'd have no problem having more move in.
    Then no harm done in leaving your apartment open 24/7, right?
    Not that "THEWALL" is actually doing anything because you know...it can be defeated by...

A ladder
    Consumer-grade power tools
    Rope
    Tunnels
    The fucking wind

So it's really largely just a gigantic art installation, as it's doing nothing to accomplish the job it's supposed to. I guess Republicans finally decided to support the arts, but just chose the shittiest fucking art installation possible.
    Reality: Just because the police doesn't stop 100% of the crimes and loopholes exist, doesnt mean the police is meaningless.
    The same applies to the wall. A huge deterrent to illegal immigration will pay itself many many times over.