Well he's forcing governors to take what political flak there may be in locking down states.
    There's a bit of savvy in that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well he's forcing governors to take what political flak there may be in locking down states.
    There's a bit of savvy in that.
    There is also this bit of interesting news about his handling of this virus crises.......https://www.newsweek.com/55-percent-...-shows-1493434

Fifty-five percent of Americans approve of President Donald Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new poll Friday.

The ABC/Ipsos poll surveyed the general American population and found that 55 percent approve of the way Trump is handling the response to the novel coronavirus, compared to 43 percent who disapprove, with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.

The poll's findings are nearly the opposite of how Americans viewed Trump's response to the COVID-19 pandemic only a week ago. An ABC/Ipsos poll released March 13 found that 43 percent of Americans approved of Trump's response, and 54 percent disapproved.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Remember the soft-ball question Trump got, yesterday, in which he fucked up beyond all measure? In which Pence, right afterwards, gave a nice solid stock answer?
    So... I am making a sentence that will make many people quiver and I am sure some will die from just knowing that this statement is absolutely true... Pence answer to that question made him look presidential. "barfs"
    Like... One would have thought that they would have prepared Trump for a softball so slow that a turtle could outspeed it in the same way parents play pattycake with their children, but the people had to look to PENCE to reassure the nation. When is the next stop, I want to get off this timeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I think he did pretty okay, all things considered. Apparently his early closures actually were a really good thing. His downplaying early on wasn't good according to respected analysts. But I think all in all we're doing everything we can.
    If you really think that, you are a fucking idiot. Get some news outside of FoxNews or other even more extreme right-wing propaganda channels please. Trump's response was horrible.
    I give Merkel a lot of shit for her response to that whole disaster, but compared to Trump, I am so glad we have her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There is also this bit of interesting news about his handling of this virus crises.......https://www.newsweek.com/55-percent-...-shows-1493434

Fifty-five percent of Americans approve of President Donald Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new poll Friday.

The ABC/Ipsos poll surveyed the general American population and found that 55 percent approve of the way Trump is handling the response to the novel coronavirus, compared to 43 percent who disapprove, with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.

The poll's findings are nearly the opposite of how Americans viewed Trump's response to the COVID-19 pandemic only a week ago. An ABC/Ipsos poll released March 13 found that 43 percent of Americans approved of Trump's response, and 54 percent disapproved.
    And those 55% are fucking retarded if they think Trump has done ANYTHING remotely noteworthy with his handling. In fact, it is completely opposite. Considering his overriding the CDC bringing people back that are infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

Now the big questions are, was there only this one poll, or are there more? Was the report last week a singular poll? If there were multiple, what are the weekly averages compared to one another.

At least a greater amount of people think the situation is handled well or at least acceptable, so I guess that is at least something.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Now the big questions are, was there only this one poll, or are there more? Was the report last week a singular poll? If there were multiple, what are the weekly averages compared to one another.

At least a greater amount of people think the situation is handled well or at least acceptable, so I guess that is at least something.
    There is another one....https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rus-jumps-10-/

A majority of U.S. voters approve of President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak, with net approval jumping 10 points in recent days, according to polling released on Friday.

Fifty-three percent said they approve of Mr. Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 emergency compared to 39% who said they disapprove, according to the Morning Consult poll conducted from March 17-20.

That was an improvement from the 47%-43% approve-disapprove split from a poll taken from March 13-16.

Approval among Democrats was 26%, up from 18%, and approval among independents was 51%, up from 43%.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-22 at 12:39 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account

His average approval rating on his handling of the Coronavirus is +1

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...irus-7088.html

It's been going up with the last few polls.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So... I am making a sentence that will make many people quiver and I am sure some will die from just knowing that this statement is absolutely true... Pence answer to that question made him look presidential. "barfs"
    Like... One would have thought that they would have prepared Trump for a softball so slow that a turtle could outspeed it in the same way parents play pattycake with their children, but the people had to look to PENCE to reassure the nation. When is the next stop, I want to get off this timeline...
    /quiver&barf

But yeah, you're right - Pence looked Presidential, and his answer was practically stock, nothing special at all. This entire situation could have been Trump's moment to step forward and "erase" (you know what I mean) all the bad he's done (never going to happen for those of us paying attention, but again, you know what I mean), and led the nation.

And the prep for this is ez-mode. Stock answers to soft-ball questions, and then defer to experts on other matters. Period. But his path to salvation was paved with sycophants, and those are the exact people who would encourage someone to invade the Soviet Union in winter (I know, I know - June start - bear with me, please).

His own personality [cult] is preventing him from changing, and there is no one around him to see it. Or prevent his continual destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Is this against ToS for Twitter? I mean spreading false information damaging to the public? Like WTF!?

Trump is so dangerous. He literally is the idiot yelling false cures, yet sadly people listen to this idiot
    It's not false. It's not true either. He's parroting a potential treatment that had some encouraging results in small samples, like it's a panacea drug. This imbecile will get many people killed, as the doses are very thight for the drug (Hydroxychloroquin) and even with the massive ramping up of I+D the last days to the use of that drug to treat COVID-19, if it's successful (even mildly so) the drug won be approved for a few months for said use. ATM the best answer is physical distancing and washing your hands.

I've been following the news on said drug fevereshly on the last few days (before the orange cancer parroted it) and the prospects are hopeful. I'm cautiously optimistic on that drug
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-22 at 01:48 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

/quiver&barf

But yeah, you're right - Pence looked Presidential, and his answer was practically stock, nothing special at all. This entire situation could have been Trump's moment to step forward and "erase" (you know what I mean) all the bad he's done (never going to happen for those of us paying attention, but again, you know what I mean), and led the nation.

And the prep for this is ez-mode. Stock answers to soft-ball questions, and then defer to experts on other matters. Period. But his path to salvation was paved with sycophants, and those are the exact people who would encourage someone to invade the Soviet Union in winter (I know, I know - June start - bear with me, please).

His own personality [cult] is preventing him from changing, and there is no one around him to see it. Or prevent his continual destruction.
    The first time I was introduced to Pence was the VP debate. Yeah very starch, very political. If I didn't know his politics he would be a pretty standard politician.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Pretty much sums up scientists reaction to Trump's Coronavirus "response":
    Unclear. In the video it looks like he's trying to stifle a laugh. Whether it's because he finds Trump going off on the guy funny or because of embarrassment is up for debate.

- - - Updated - - -

I think several people here have already said as much. I hate the guy, but I'll be among the first to admit he knows how to be a statesman. So long as he isn't unexpectedly forced into a room full of women.

Would love for some of those people to explain exactly what they approve of with Trump's handling of the virus. He's been nothing but a disaster from the start.

Even now he continues lying, avoiding responsibility, not using tools available to him to help, and giving out terrible medical advice.

Which parts do they like most? How he pretended it would just go away until recently? Telling people to take drugs that very well may kill them and not do anything to the virus?
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-03-22 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Would love for some of those people to explain exactly what they approve of with Trump's handling of the virus. He's been nothing but a disaster from the start.

Even now he continues lying, avoiding responsibility, not using tools available to him to help, and giving out terrible medical advice.

Which parts do they like most? How he pretended it would just go away until recently? Telling people to take drugs that very well may kill them and not do anything to the virus?

I can already read Trumps pivot. He is going to blame the governors. Saying he had everything but they didn't ask, asked to slow, didn't know what they wanted, and didn't know what they needed.

He only has two things on his mind. How can he get the stock market up and how can he spin his failure on dems. Thats it. Fucking sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still waiting on evidence of Trump's claim that, not only did he close the borders early, but also, Democrats said he shouldn't have.

Trump said that over and over, and nobody here's taken even a stab at it. I'm choosing to accept that as admission Trump lied, but I'm open to actual results. You know. If they exist.

I can tell you why about 90% or so think so.

His parties name.. it starts with R.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I can already read Trumps pivot. He is going to blame the governors. Saying he had everything but they didn't ask, asked to slow, didn't know what they wanted, and didn't know what they needed.
    That's going to be a tough sell on anyone actually paying attention. New York in particular was both specific and direct with their public requests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's going to be a tough sell on anyone actually paying attention.
    That's never really been Trump's target demographic, now has it?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's going to be a tough sell on anyone actually paying attention. New York in particular was both specific and direct with their public requests.
    And it still will be spun by Trump and his Cult that it was Cuomo who didn't listen.

People are going to die in this country, and none of the people who have had their kneepads on for Trump for the last three years are going to change their stance now.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)