Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The point is, you will generally be around a LOT less people voting than at a rally, and the main issue of a contaminated voting machine can be resolved by just washing your damn hands. You are wrong, accept it and move on please
    White communities will have short, safe lines. Black communities will have longer lines where the risk of spreading the virus will be a bit higher.

I agree that for viral spread, whites voting is safer than blacks voting is safer than being at any large rally. Bit, in my opinion. your victory is no where near as dramatic as you are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    As if millions and millions of people will be heeding your advice without fail....also restraining themselves from sneezing on others while in line or not touching anything else at the polling station.

Apparently you never took probability and statistics while you were in school. You are wrong, accept it and move on please
    Actually you are right. Go to the rally. Go to ALL the rallies. Suck in that yummy Trump soaked air. It'll make you feel good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fed cuts rates by half a point. Half a fucking point.

Best economy ever, ladies and gentlemen.

"But coronavirus --"

The rates had already been cut three times last year. We're in the 1% to 1.25% territory now, because we were low beforehand. And businesses still weren't investing. Now, the rates are lower, but they're facing a significant shortage. This cut isn't to help businesses grow. This is to keep them from dying. Again, if you squander your savings on trivial things for years, then suddenly need a new roof or furnace, you don't get to say "it was the furnace that made me broke". That's bullshit. It was the years of squandering. Trump handed the rich and corporations immense piles of money. They didn't use it to grow, they didn't use it to raise salaries, and they didn't use it to hire people. The coronavirus rate cut is on the list, but last.

This article from 6 hours ago is already predicting 1.4% GDP growth this year. Yes, they cite coronavirus, but they'd been forecasting a drop since at least Jan 11, probably further, and we weren't concerned then.

Now, this Fed rate cut is designed to keep things stable, and good for that, I'm not complaining that they're doing their job. I also don't complain when the ambulance goes to pick up Florida Man when he shoots himself in the foot again. It's not the EMT's fault.

The cut precedes the meeting the Fed was supposed to have in two weeks. If you look back at my posts, I said only a short time ago that there was an increasing chance of a rate cut, twice, by July. It's barely March (looks outside) maybe April. This shit is escalating. Quickly.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Actually you are right. Go to the rally. Go to ALL the rallies. Suck in that yummy Trump soaked air. It'll make you feel good!
    Now you're letting your hatred of Trump and his supporters get the better of you. Surely you're a good person in reality.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Now you're letting your hatred of Trump and his supporters get the better of you. Surely you're a good person in reality.
    You don't know me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Fed cuts rates by half a point. Half a fucking point.

Best economy ever, ladies and gentlemen.

"But coronavirus --"

The rates had already been cut three times last year. We're in the 1% to 1.25% territory now, because we were low beforehand. And businesses still weren't investing. Now, the rates are lower, but they're facing a significant shortage. This cut isn't to help businesses grow. This is to keep them from dying. Again, if you squander your savings on trivial things for years, then suddenly need a new roof or furnace, you don't get to say "it was the furnace that made me broke". That's bullshit. It was the years of squandering. Trump handed the rich and corporations immense piles of money. They didn't use it to grow, they didn't use it to raise salaries, and they didn't use it to hire people. The coronavirus rate cut is on the list, but last.

This article from 6 hours ago is already predicting 1.4% GDP growth this year. Yes, they cite coronavirus, but they'd been forecasting a drop since at least Jan 11, probably further, and we weren't concerned then.

Now, this Fed rate cut is designed to keep things stable, and good for that, I'm not complaining that they're doing their job. I also don't complain when the ambulance goes to pick up Florida Man when he shoots himself in the foot again. It's not the EMT's fault.

The cut precedes the meeting the Fed was supposed to have in two weeks. If you look back at my posts, I said only a short time ago that there was an increasing chance of a rate cut, twice, by July. It's barely March (looks outside) maybe April. This shit is escalating. Quickly.
    Thanks for the update. The last I had read ... yesterday or the day before ... was for 1/4 or 1/2 possibly on Mar 17, and another 1/2 later in the year.

I agree with your analysis about how bad it is. Bad noticeable things may happen sooner rather than later. The idea of an emergency rate cut is not appealing. But it happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The idea of an emergency rate cut is not appealing.
    Well, again, yes and no. I don't like that there's an emergency, I like that there are tools to handle it. But people don't go bankrupt from a $5,000 repair bill when their life is going swimmingly otherwise. They go bankrupt from a $5,000 repair bill when they're already broke.

The Fed is using the tools they've been provided to patch holes in a sinking ship. Bless them for trying, but maybe Trump shouldn't have steered the ship through the rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You keep forgetting if Super Tuesday is on a Thursday or not?
    I have nothing to add here other than this made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should go one step further. This is the Fed rate, since 2008:
    Jan 22, 2008 3.5%
    Jan 30, 2008 3.0% Economic Stimulus Act
    Mar 18 2.25% W starts bailouts
    Apr 30 2.0%
    Oct 8 1.5%
    Oct 29 1.0% More bailouts
    Dec 16 0.25% Minimum
    Years Pass No Change W Fucked Up
    Dec 17, 2015 0.5% Recession ending
    Dec 15, 2015 0.75%
    Mar 15, 2017 1.0%
    Jun 15 1.25%
    Mar 22, 2018 1.75% Trump's tax cuts begin
    Jun 14 2.0%
    Sep 27 2.25%
    Dec 20 2.5% Rates peaked
    Aug 1, 2019 2.25% Growth slows
    Sep 19 2.0%
    Oct 31 1.75% More slow growth
    Just Now 1.25% Emergency Cut

Now if you'll look at W's epic fail of a final year, you'll see we went from "banks start needing bailouts" to "banks continue needing bailouts". 2008 moved fast, no question, losing 3.25% in just under a year while actively fighting it every step of the way. Trump, by contrast, has lost 1.25% in seven months. If this rate continues, Trump will lose 2% in the time W lost 3.25%.

Would the coronavirus have cost 0.5% regardless of the state of the US economy? Maybe. But we're now looking at a situation in which a W's 2008 is being compared to Trump's last 7 months. The fact that Trump is only second worst should not be comforting to anyone.

"Fun" fact: the last President to see 1.25% gone in a year was Bush.

"You already posted that."

It also happened in 2001. I'm not convinced W's policies were to blame, considering he just came into power and also 9/11 happened. He did hand everyone $300 at what turned out to be a really bad time, but that's coincidence.

The last President before that was also Bush.

"You al--"

The other one. In 1991, to fight high unemployment in a contracting economy. We've heard the term "contracting" a lot recently, haven't we?

And the last --

"Don't you fucking say it!'

...was the S&L fiasco in 1989, when the Fed chopped it from 9.75% to 8.25%. That's right, we used to have rates over three percent. Took us an entire Obama tenure and part of a Trump to climb out of that hole. Until the last seven months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Misunderstood, or just wanted to manipulate because markets are more important?
    Trump is playing the "I heard, everyone's saying it" card again. That just sounds like lying with extra steps. (Ooo la la)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You keep forgetting if Super Tuesday is on a Thursday or not?
    Yeah...it's really, really hard to remember.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I guess I should go one step further. This is the Fed rate, since 2008:
    Jan 22, 2008 3.5%
    Jan 30, 2008 3.0% Economic Stimulus Act
    Mar 18 2.25% W starts bailouts
    Apr 30 2.0%
    Oct 8 1.5%
    Oct 29 1.0% More bailouts
    Dec 16 0.25% Minimum
    Years Pass No Change W Fucked Up
    Dec 17, 2015 0.5% Recession ending
    Dec 15, 2015 0.75%
    Mar 15, 2017 1.0%
    Jun 15 1.25%
    Mar 22, 2018 1.75% Trump's tax cuts begin
    Jun 14 2.0%
    Sep 27 2.25%
    Dec 20 2.5% Rates peaked
    Aug 1, 2019 2.25% Growth slows
    Sep 19 2.0%
    Oct 31 1.75% More slow growth
    Just Now 1.25% Emergency Cut

Now if you'll look at W's epic fail of a final year, you'll see we went from "banks start needing bailouts" to "banks continue needing bailouts". 2008 moved fast, no question, losing 3.25% in just under a year while actively fighting it every step of the way. Trump, by contrast, has lost 1.25% in seven months. If this rate continues, Trump will lose 2% in the time W lost 3.25%.

Would the coronavirus have cost 0.5% regardless of the state of the US economy? Maybe. But we're now looking at a situation in which a W's 2008 is being compared to Trump's last 7 months. The fact that Trump is only second worst should not be comforting to anyone.

"Fun" fact: the last President to see 1.25% gone in a year was Bush.

"You already posted that."

It also happened in 2001. I'm not convinced W's policies were to blame, considering he just came into power and also 9/11 happened. He did hand everyone $300 at what turned out to be a really bad time, but that's coincidence.

The last President before that was also Bush.

"You al--"

The other one. In 1991, to fight high unemployment in a contracting economy. We've heard the term "contracting" a lot recently, haven't we?

And the last --

"Don't you fucking say it!'

...was the S&L fiasco in 1989, when the Fed chopped it from 9.75% to 8.25%. That's right, we used to have rates over three percent. Took us an entire Obama tenure and part of a Trump to climb out of that hole. Until the last seven months.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump is playing the "I heard, everyone's saying it" card again. That just sounds like lying with extra steps. (Ooo la la)
    This is what desperation looks like. An emergency cut of .5% is fucking gigantic. Slashing interest rates to prop up the stock market (it still failed), is an attempt to appease investors, at the hands of average citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloomberg reports, but the link isn't working, so quoting TheHill instead, that Pence might have coronavirus.

Vice President Mike Pence’s office said he did not have contact with a Florida student who was later quarantined for the coronavirus while visiting the student's school, Bloomberg News reported.

The vice president on Friday reportedly shook hands with the male student’s classmates at Sarasota Military Academy. The student was later quarantined along with his mother, who came in contact with a patient who tested positive for coronavirus “in her professional role” at Sarasota Doctors Hospital, according to the school’s Facebook post.

Both were put in quarantine “as a precautionary measure.”
    While the WH denies Pence touched an infected person, screening is still minimal and the incubation time is lengthy.

Pence is not in poor health and has access to top-notch care. Even if he caught it, he's fine. Plus, Pence always washes his hands after touching a possibly gay person. It's just telling that the administration now has to fight off these kinds of rumors, due to facts and evidence which the WH has been trying to ignore or handwave.

Since TheHIll did me a solid, I'll cite them again, Schumer is predicting coronavirus package this week, more precisely, the House will vote on something today.

"The exact figures are still in debate," Schumer didn't say but I'm pretending he did, "but everyone with half a brain knows $2.5 billion isn't enough."

For some reason, TheHill says

If a deal is finalized on Tuesday, senators are hoping the House would be able to pass the bill on Wednesday.

That would tee up the Senate to try to pass it on Thursday. Senate leadership would need cooperation from every senator to speed up consideration of the coronavirus funding bill, otherwise, a vote in the Senate would be delayed until next week.
    ...whyyyy? There's some rule here I'm not familiar with. Also, can you imagine being the one Senator who blocks this?

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't know me. lol
    All I know about you is what you post. I also know that 'good people' don't wish harm on others who don't share similar beliefs. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big surprise, Iran has tripled their uranium stockpile since Trump unilaterally left the Iran Nuclear Deal with Iran was following.

Iran has also written a letter Jan 28th saying "We admit nothing and will answer no further questions."

"Hah hah. What did they really say?"

Iran will not recognize any allegation on past activities and does not consider itself obliged to respond to such allegations
    "Oh, shit."

Yeah. And it's not like the US will apply sanctions -- we already did, and they responded by making more uranium. What are we going to do, invade? I still think that's possible, but, Trump's running out of time, money, and demonstrably doesn't have the attention span either.

All I know about you is what you post. I also know that 'good people' don't wish harm on others who don't share similar beliefs. Just saying.
    So now people are going to be harmed at trump rallies? Interesting ...

by your definition, Trump has a lot of followers who aren't "good people", well at least we finally agree on something.

Rallies are likely much safer than all the voting polls that happen to be open today (or is it Thursday, I keep forgetting).

Please don't politicize the coronavirus and please stop with all the fear mongering. You're better than this.
    Sorry I listen to the advice of the CDC?

10+ Year Old Account
    US now has "about" 100 cases. Even Reuters is afraid to say the exact number anymore.

Last reporting was from New York, again.

Of the 10,00 cases outside of China, the US has about 1% of them. Considering population proportions, that's actually still pretty low. So far. Problem is, we don't have great testing yet. That NY case? The first one? I think it's in NYC.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't politicize the coronavirus
    You must now condemn Trump's politicizing the coronavirus. We're nameless forum posters. Trump tweeted to the world that he was doing a bigly job and the Do-Nothing Democrats wanted open borders. Condemn Trump for his actions. It's not hard.

EDIT: Oh, and then this happened. The NYTimes reports that the Pentagon told its military commanders overseas to avoid making any actions because coronavirus that would contradict Trump's words. That's right: the Pentagon is now putting servicemembers at risk, because they're afraid of contradicting what Trump has said.

Trump's not just politicizing it, he's risking lives while doing so. Condemn Trump for doing this. If you really believe it shouldn't be done on a nameless forum, surely you believe it should not be an order from the Pentagon either.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-03-03 at 05:03 PM.

Rallies are likely much safer than all the voting polls that happen to be open today (or is it Thursday, I keep forgetting).

Please don't politicize the coronavirus and please stop with all the fear mongering. You're better than this.
    Citation needed for bold.

I'm not expecting that of course.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Tornadoes kill 19 in Tennessee. Trump will visit the area with condolences.

"What's wrong with that?"

Nothing. It's pretty standard Presidential stuff and a welcome break to be honest.

"So why are you even bringing it up?"

1) Well for one, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't. This is actually a pretty big news story and it's being eaten by others.

2) Because, if there's a similar disaster in another state, and Trump doesn't go, I get to self-quote and say "Hey, you guys saw, I gave him every possible chance."

3) Because if he goes there and the speech goes "This is a dark day and the loss of life is always tragic. BUT THE DEMOCRATS--" then I also get to come right back here and say the same thing.

And hey, if I'm wrong, y'all get to shove this post in my face. Fair's fair.