Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    With the possible devastating hurricane hitting the Carolina's. Who wants to bet over/under five tweets about Woodward instead of focusing on a potential natural disaster.
    There might be enough white people in N/S Carolina for him to properly deploy emergency services.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There might be enough white people in N/S Carolina for him to properly deploy emergency services.
    They are poor white people, so I wouldn't say too much for that.

He would mainly try to help them because this state is republican on paper (Though purple by popular vote and blue by will of the people) and Fort Bragg is in North Carolina which is (I believe) the largest military base on the east coast. So he wants to keep them going to funnel money to the contractors and in case he gets his opportunity to start a war to try and shore up his ratings.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Here’s video of @realDonaldTrump claiming he helped look for survivors & clear rubble on 9/11. He didn't. He was lying. #NeverForget https://t.co/gvc3MsbaJZ
    https://twitter.com/funder/status/10...546571776?s=19

Holy bleep! A whole history of trump lying about 9/11. Here he claims to have cleared rubble and helped people in the debris. I Googled and found more articles of his lies.

This guy truly is a Turd.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Also remember those Muslims in Jersey that he totally saw celebrating in the streets that literally nobody else saw. But they were there!

The breadth of just his 9/11 related lies are astounding, and were not in the worst timeline the comments alone would likely cause a scandal that would cripple the administration.

Trump's plan to help eliminate the federal debt was to print money: Woodward book
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mpression=true

President Trump allegedly suggested to his chief economic adviser last year that the government should print more money to help eliminate federal debt, according to an excerpt from Bob Woodward's new book.

The veteran Watergate journalist wrote in his new book - "Fear: Trump in the White House" - that Gary Cohn, the now-former top economic adviser, told Trump that the Federal Reserve was likely to increase rates during his first term in office, in an excerpt first reported by Business Insider.

"We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money," Trump reportedly said in response.
    One more time Trumpkins. You know this guy is an idiot.

Everyone has simple grasp if the Fed prints more money, it leads to inflation.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mpression=true

One more time Trumpkins. You know this guy is an idiot.

Everyone has simple grasp if the Fed prints more money, it leads to inflation.
    It's fine though, if you print money without telling anyone, they won't know you printed more money and there won't be any inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    "We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money,"
    Trump does this.

When Trump filed his financial disclosure forms and intentionally hid his tax returns, he had to list outstanding loans. No, this is not as good as tax returns, disclosure forms allow such answers as "over $50,000,000" which is what he owes Deutsche Bank, known Russian money launderer. Incidentally, that loan matures in 2024. Draw your own conclusions about the date.

As I've cited before, Trump is loaning himself money at prime plus five percent. He uses Chicago Unit Acquisition LLC, the New York based firm (that's not irony, that's an intentionally misleading name) of which he's the President.

"How much?"

The infamous "over $50,000,000". Trump is very likely loaning himself money to take advantage of tax loopholes, and I choose to take his refusal to release them as proof I'm right.

Oh, and he also disclosed a bunch of "management fees" from his companies to, yep, himself. Anyone want to bet if he deducts those fees?

Anyhow: Trump is speaking from experience. But he's not speaking from relevant experience. Dodging taxes is one thing, bankrupting the country is another.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump does this.

When Trump filed his financial disclosure forms and intentionally hid his tax returns, he had to list outstanding loans. No, this is not as good as tax returns, disclosure forms allow such answers as "over $50,000,000" which is what he owes Deutsche Bank, known Russian money launderer. Incidentally, that loan matures in 2024. Draw your own conclusions about the date.

As I've cited before, Trump is loaning himself money at prime plus five percent. He uses Chicago Unit Acquisition LLC, the New York based firm (that's not irony, that's an intentionally misleading name) of which he's the President.

"How much?"

The infamous "over $50,000,000". Trump is very likely loaning himself money to take advantage of tax loopholes, and I choose to take his refusal to release them as proof I'm right.

Oh, and he also disclosed a bunch of "management fees" from his companies to, yep, himself. Anyone want to bet if he deducts those fees?

Anyhow: Trump is speaking from experience. But he's not speaking from relevant experience. Dodging taxes is one thing, bankrupting the country is another.
    Those tax returns are the untold lynchpin in his house of cards. We think Mueller has them?

Trump: Hurricane Florence will be "tremendously big and tremendously wet" https://t.co/snDofcIBQ9 https://t.co/iYzoUOk2Uc
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...435274241?s=19

This guy is on fire today. Great description of the pending hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Those tax returns are the untold lynchpin in his house of cards. We think Mueller has them?
    Tax returns can be subpoenaed and the findings in them could completely legitimize the US president if ever released by providing the key to linking all the claims together.

It's very likely Mueller has them but keeping them under lock and key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    We think Mueller has them?
    No.

One of the first things Trump did was order the IRS to move his tax returns to a brand-new safe. Apparently, he doesn't trust even the IRS to keep them in a separate room in a locked cabinet, like every President before him. He wants a goddam safe (probably run on steam).

He does not want those getting out, and very likely has few friends in the IRS. If there was any kind of commotion there involving this new safe, that info would be out.

Unrelated: the hurricane is tremendously big and tremendously wet, says Trump in a tweet. He also claims it's the biggest in 25-30 years, and to be fair, there are public projections that agree with him.

But don't worry: Puerto Rico was an incredible success. Can't wait to see how the people of South Carolina react when they are yet another Trump success story.

"Are you mocking people about to lose their homes and maybe lives?"

Perish the thought. The USA is in much better shape to take a hurricane to the face. I am, however, mocking the idea of someone re-voting for Trump after FEMA fucks up a response.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...594052096?s=19

What happened on September 11th? Must have been exciting according to this tweet.
    And 17 years since he totally saw people cheering about 9/11 happening.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Puerto Rico isn't the continental US. Hate to say it, but I doubt the Carolinas get a worse response than Puerto Rico did, despite Puerto Rico being a territory of the US. Actually, what are people in Texas saying about his "success"?

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Puerto Rico isn't the continental US. Hate to say it, but I doubt the Carolinas get a worse response than Puerto Rico did, despite Puerto Rico being a territory of the US. Actually, what are people in Texas saying about his "success"?
    Since North Carolina is home to Fort Bragg, one of the biggest military installations on the east coast (If not THE biggest), plus the both went to him in the election (And as a resident of North Carolina myself, I see that as another stain on this states history) he will try to help to keep these 2 states supporting him and he doesn't want to weaken the military in case he can start a war to try and boost his support.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Since North Carolina is home to Fort Bragg, one of the biggest military installations on the east coast (If not THE biggest), plus the both went to him in the election (And as a resident of North Carolina myself, I see that as another stain on this states history) he will try to help to keep these 2 states supporting him and he doesn't want to weaken the military in case he can start a war to try and boost his support.
    a very logical and reasoned argument. Something I would naturally expect of any politician. Sadly, trump defies most forms of logic and reason. I'm almost not sure if I want to read Woodward's book after all that's come out so far...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    One of the first things Trump did was order the IRS to move his tax returns to a brand-new safe. Apparently, he doesn't trust even the IRS to keep them in a separate room in a locked cabinet, like every President before him. He wants a goddam safe (probably run on steam).

He does not want those getting out, and very likely has few friends in the IRS. If there was any kind of commotion there involving this new safe, that info would be out
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Tax returns can be subpoenaed and the findings in them could completely legitimize the US president if ever released by providing the key to linking all the claims together.

It's very likely Mueller has them but keeping them under lock and key.
    But the key is getting them out into the public light. I know the Dems will get them immediately if they take the House in November (well, to be specific, if they take the House in november, they will get the House in Jan). And from there they can be release legally.

As it stands, having them illegally is a felony. Publishing them is a felony. I would guess if they ever get out, they will be published on [Russian?] mirror sites so no legal action can be taken. Someone just has to take one for the team. Or wait until Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    a very logical and reasoned argument. Something I would naturally expect of any politician. Sadly, trump defies most forms of logic and reason. I'm almost not sure if I want to read Woodward's book after all that's come out so far...
    I want it all to come out, I want the public to see it, I want his supporters to be force fed the truth they refused to accept this whole time in ways they can't hand wave anymore.

I want his tainted supreme court nominations invalidated along with any precedence their cases could have set and I want the politicians who supported him even knowing all this stuff because they wanted power to be held to account as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But the key is getting them out into the public light. I know the Dems will get them immediately if they take the House in November (well, to be specific, if they take the House in november, they will get the House in Jan). And from there they can be release legally.

As it stands, having them illegally is a felony. Publishing them is a felony. I would guess if they ever get out, they will be published on [Russian?] mirror sites so no legal action can be taken. Someone just has to take one for the team. Or wait until Jan.
    Off topic, but given what has happened in North Carolina, if they lose the house, what are the odds that the Republicans will try to neuter the power of the house before they leave......

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, but given what has happened in North Carolina, if they lose the house, what are the odds that the Republicans will try to neuter the power of the house before they leave......
    Good point, but in this case, very low odds. The travesty that was the GOP NC polidiots cannot happen in very many places. Including the US House of Reps. And in this specific case, we'd be talking about the subpoena power of the House, which is difficult to change. And the rules governing the US House of Reps are all internal, so if they do get changed, they could be changed right back.

Good point, but in this case, very low odds. The travesty that was the GOP NC polidiots cannot happen in very many places. Including the US House of Reps. And in this specific case, we'd be talking about the subpoena power of the House, which is difficult to change. And the rules governing the US House of Reps are all internal, so if they do get changed, they could be changed right back.
    Glad to hear, I am worried about them trying to remove their ability to call for or conduct investigations to some third party they would try and create and head by all republicans or make the bar so high before they could conduct investigations that it was effectively removed entirely.

See them, even knowing it would be removed, create all these hurdles just so that by the time they could actually do it, Trumps term would already be up with as much evidence destroyed as possible.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear, I am worried about them trying to remove their ability to call for or conduct investigations to some third party they would try and create and head by all republicans or make the bar so high before they could conduct investigations that it was effectively removed entirely.
    Anything is possible, but that kind of procedural move would be way out of left field. Although I now share your concern, because if anyone was going to do it, this crop of GOP appeasers would be it.

See them, even knowing it would be removed, create all these hurdles just so that by the time they could actually do it, Trumps term would already be up with as much evidence destroyed as possible.
    I can guarantee that whatever evidence is out there Mueller has, and has secured. In multiple locations. With multiple investigative agencies (i.e. state's attorney's generals).