https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/six-...al-tweets.html

Six Trump White House officials violated the Hatch Act by engaging in political activity using their official government social media accounts, an internal watchdog agency ruled on Friday.

None of the staffers will face disciplinary action for these violations. Instead, each got a formal warning.

The staffers cited include Trump's executive assistant, Madeleine Westerhout; principal White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah; deputy communications director Jessica Ditto; Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary, Alyssa Farah; former White House director of media affairs Helen Aguirre Ferre, who left in August; and Jacob Wood, a deputy communications director at the Office of Management and Budget.
    Unsurprisingly, people in this administration can't stop violating basic rule and the administration gives zero fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol. In all honesty though, does it matter if Trump stands around for photoshoots? I'd want to bounce out of those ASAP too, after a few seconds/minutes.

It's pretty funny though as the look on Macri's face when they shake hands is so condescending.
    Just the humor of it all... like for me... the fact that Trump is a reality TV star, but doesn’t know what a live mic is... is kinda funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I hate taking pictures too, but this is part of what the president does, and you'd think he'd love chances to look good, but instead he wants to fuck it up and have even more people laugh at him.
    You hate taking pictures? I swear to god, the next person that tells me to kneel for a picture... gets “black lives matter” very quietly murmured at them, as I proceed to do just that... why do all of you have to be so short?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You hate taking pictures? I swear to god, the next person that tells me to kneel for a picture... gets “black lives matter” very quietly murmured at them, as I proceed to do just that... why do all of you have to be so short?
    Oh I'm not short, I'm 6' 3'', it's just that I've always hated with taking pictures. Probably because I literally hate myself and find myself to be incredibly unattractive looking, plus the idea of sitting for a picture bugs me. I find it incredibly fake and forced to show happiness and break up the happiness to do so. Take pictures of people doing the thing that is making them happy, or kind of like finding a deer in the wild, you don't want to spook it you just want to catch it in all its majesty (of course I do not have that majesty).

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh I'm not short, I'm 6' 3'', it's just that I've always hated with taking pictures. Probably because I literally hate myself and find myself to be incredibly unattractive looking, plus the idea of sitting for a picture bugs me. I find it incredibly fake and forced to show happiness and break up the happiness to do so. Take pictures of people doing the thing that is making them happy, or kind of like finding a deer in the wild, you don't want to spook it you just want to catch it in all its majesty (of course I do not have that majesty).
    I should have said relatively short... I’m 6’8 and it’s just a pain in the ass to take pictures. Also, everyone thinks their ugly...

This gets me up, if I am ever feeling down... it’s rare, but happens to all of us:

Last edited by Felya; 2018-12-02 at 05:40 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/six-...al-tweets.html

Unsurprisingly, people in this administration can't stop violating basic rule and the administration gives zero fucks.
    Hatch Act, aka "An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities".

Imagine trying to prevent pernicious political activities in this day and age. Kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Place your bets: How will Trump manage to fuck up at Bush Seniors funeral? It's almost guaranteed he's going to do something wrong because he always does.

Whenever he's supposed to be magnanimous and a unifier, he screws up. Just look at the Veterans Day events last month when he skipped the cemetery visit in France and going to Arlington 'because it was raining'.
    He'll attack to media, Clinton, the Democrats or all of the above.

Also, everyone thinks their ugly...
    Oh believe me not as much as I do. I damn near take pride in how much I don't like me.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

What the hell is with Dumbass Donnie Dump and his "dropping things on the ground when I don't need it anymore" behavior!?

First the umbrella at the airport...

...and now his translator microphone at the G20...

I mean... I want to joke that this is what a toddler does, but I realize that this might ACTUALLY be the case!

It makes me wonder if Dump has always had people picking up after him since his richbitch toddler days, so he's just never learned even basic personal responsibility with objects and items.

Honestly, I don't think this guy ever had to face ANY form of personal responsibility in his life... and I mean from even little basic shit like folding up an umbrella or putting a device back somewhere when done using it.

Maybe this is how his advisors get his cellphone from him every now and again? Perhaps Lummox Lump just lumbers to his bed and drops the phone on the ground expecting it to be there the next morning when he wakes up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    By giving a speech about how bigly great he (Trump) is and not saying a word about Bush.
    If he even shows up to the event, this is exactly what I'm expecting. Or, at minimum, comparing himself to Bush's years and saying how much Bush loved him - despite him NOT loving him at all.

The mere idea that somebody else is the focus and not him, even when dead, is completely antithetical to Fukwit McFrump
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-12-02 at 03:43 PM.

Hey, you think it's easy having to ask my Dutch wife to get things off the high shelves for me? :P

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8663486.html

Trump overheard saying 'get me out of here' as he suddenly walks off stage at G20 summit
    I missed this bit of audio from the already embarrassing clip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...993_story.html

As predicted, the Shutdown will be delayed then canceled.

Canceled because a 2 week delay pushes it right before Christmas and like hell will Congress let the government shut down over Christmas, when they'd have to be there to work through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Ehhh, Im not sure the dems will let the "pass Muller protection or we'll let a shutdown happen" threat go just cause Bush died
    As I wrote earlier, I wouldn't hang any kind of hope to the Mueller protection bill.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do take a hostage for it to be included.

But independent of anything related to Trump, the bill almost certainly has serious constitutional issues to it and the Supreme Court would likely knock it down (and not because of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh).

It's a well intentioned bill trying to plug what is really a design flaw in the Constitution. And that design flaw is ultimately the law of the land.

So they should try and pass it, but I honestly have dim hopes of it surviving a court challenge from what I've read. Folks know I want Trump gone so very much. But I wouldn't put any money on the Mueller bill surviving litigation. Not in the least because the side that is against it is going to attract Constitutional legal experts who are far more concerned about the abstract integrity of the overall Constitutional order than they do about "getting Trump" (so to speak), and they'll side with the Trump administration on the issue, even though they oppose him in every other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...993_story.html

As predicted, the Shutdown will be delayed then canceled.

Canceled because a 2 week delay pushes it right before Christmas and like hell will Congress let the government shut down over Christmas, when they'd have to be there to work through it.

- - - Updated - - -

As I wrote earlier, I wouldn't hang any kind of hope to the Mueller protection bill.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do take a hostage for it to be included.

But independent of anything related to Trump, the bill almost certainly has serious constitutional issues to it and the Supreme Court would likely knock it down (and not because of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh).

It's a well intentioned bill trying to plug what is really a design flaw in the Constitution. And that design flaw is ultimately the law of the land.

So they should try and pass it, but I honestly have dim hopes of it surviving a court challenge from what I've read. Folks know I want Trump gone so very much. But I wouldn't put any money on the Mueller bill surviving litigation. Not in the least because the side that is against it is going to attract Constitutional legal experts who are far more concerned about the abstract integrity of the overall Constitutional order than they do about "getting Trump" (so to speak), and they'll side with the Trump administration on the issue, even though they oppose him in every other way.
    They don't need the bill. In many ways, if he does fire Mueller, Trump's destruction becomes even more of a sure thing.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    They don't need the bill. In many ways, if he does fire Mueller, Trump's destruction becomes even more of a sure thing.
    I agree. A bill would have made sense a year ago.

At this point, it's "nice", but Trump firing Mueller would end his Presidency then and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I mean... I want to joke that this is what a toddler does, but I realize that this might ACTUALLY be the case!
    The Manchildian Candidate.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

At this point, it's "nice", but Trump firing Mueller would end his Presidency then and there.
    Yeah, I feel like Mueller will ultimately lead to Trump being removed form office, but firing him may lead to jail time.

Which is my preference. I want Trump to lose everything.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Even if Trump managed to fire Mueller and get away with it, that would only last till January when the House snatched him right back up and put him back to work.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Mueller will ultimately lead to Trump being removed form office, but firing him may lead to jail time.

Which is my preference. I want Trump to lose everything.
    Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell. To do so, they will have to find a jury of 12 all saying guilty. In a jury of 12, you are bound to find a GOP hardcore fanatic that will put party above the law and find reasonable doubt, even in the face of a mountain of evidence.

That is, if the next president doesn't pardon him before, to save the embarrassment for the oval office and the institution.

Place your bets: How will Trump manage to fuck up at Bush Seniors funeral? It's almost guaranteed he's going to do something wrong because he always does.

Whenever he's supposed to be magnanimous and a unifier, he screws up. Just look at the Veterans Day events last month when he skipped the cemetery visit in France and going to Arlington 'because it was raining'.
    well the same quote he used to bash him, the then used to "admire" him. So thats a start.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

maybe mock the "thousand points of light" rhetoric

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Even if Trump managed to fire Mueller and get away with it, that would only last till January when the House snatched him right back up and put him back to work.
    Mueller would probably just keep working, "unofficially".