10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about the Log Cabin Republicans.

"Didn't they just endorse Trump again?"

Yes. As a direct result, a bunch of Log Cabin Republicans resigned.

It saddens me greatly to say that today, I am ending my association with Log Cabin Republicans, an organization I’ve been heavily involved with for the last decade — including serving as president of the D.C. chapter for three years.

But for me, there’s no more fight left. The national board’s endorsement of Trump, and their subsequent and hollow WaPo op-ed, is a step too far. And this leaves me sad
    It’s not just the LGBTQ community this president targets. When we look at immigrants, people — anyone that he thinks he can somehow use to anger his base — he doesn’t care if he has to divide on racial lines, on ethnic lines, on educational lines. He will divide and damage and destroy this country in any manner he thinks he needs to advance his own political power
    We have alienated our peers. As is already being seen, we have become increasingly ostracized since making the announcement … we have irreparably weakened our ability to contribute a conservative voice to the broader queer discourse of tomorrow
    -- Three of the resigning members.

By the way, one of them said they were resigning, in part, because they wanted to be able to explain why they do what they do to their children...and could not, under Trump. You can guess, it doesn't matter. Basically, if you can't explain why you do what you do, to your own children, then
    1) it's too complicated (like mechanical engineers or something), or
    2) you know you're not doing the right thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Good thing he used an economic stimulus when it wasn't needed.
    Why @Crispin which economic stimulus could you possibly be talking about?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

Also, let's add this:

you’re being disloyal to Jewish people and you’re being very disloyal to Israel
    In case there was any question if Trump's comments were about the Jewish faith or the country of Israel, Trump just said it was both.

Yes, that takes Giulliani's statement that @Endus quoted and shoves it back up Giulliani's ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh...thanks, Florida Man.

Yes, those are ecstacy pills colored and shaped like Trump.

I can't imagine the amount of self loathing a person must have to be lgbt and support Trump/republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    No, no, no. You got it all backwards.

North Korea is an ally because Kim Jong-Un writes flattering letters to Trump and is amazed at how big Trump's penis is.

Denmark is not an ally because they don't say nice things about Trump.

Sadly, that's our foreign policy at the moment. And I wish I was joking or exaggerating.
    US foreign policy is basically a real life parody of the South Park Chinpokomon episode at the moment. It would be awesome if it wasn't so pathetically sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's time once again for Guess the Speaker.

Enough of the false rumors. Vice President Pence has been a dear friend of mine for years. He has been a loyal and trustworthy VP to the President. He has my complete support.
    "Let's see, well spoken, speaking on traditional rather than Trumpian Republicans, and clearly not afraid to mention Trump without sucking his dick, so it's not a current politician or WH employee. And 'dear friend for years' suggests governor. That basically means Nikki Haley."

Correct.

"Okay cool. What 'false rumors'?"

I have...no idea. Pence has said one thing I quoted yesterday, and was quiet as a potted plant for the rest of his tenure. He's boring as Indiana and never makes the news.

"But Haley made the news recently. Called out Trump for acting like a dick with Cummings, and Conway said something nasty back, right? I remember it like it was in this Newsweek article."

Yes, Conway said very Trump-Pence 2020. For basically no reason.

"So...again, what false rumors? I don't think even in these 1315 pages that anyone with a brain, anyone with half a brain or even if you clicked this, it says something more about you than me ever said Trump would dump Pence. At best, the other way around when Trump went through cray cray and came out the other side."

Yeah. But I do know this: the time when Team Trump shouts the loudest about something not being true, is when it is. I think Haley tipped her hand, maybe even on purpose. I think there have been actual discussions, I think Haley knows about them, and I think this is revenge. Even if those discussions were 100% "No, don't be stupid, we can't dump Pence" this is now a seed of doubt, sown in the Garden of Trump Has No Loyalty.

From which, Haley herself has been harvested.

I think she's pissed. I think she's trolling the WH on purpose. Trump's ticket would never survive Pence being dumped, we all know that. But this WH has seen more infighting than any other save Civil War and possibly XXX State of the Union. And Haley isn't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Someone sure is salty, huh?

Um, who are we protecting Denmark from? The Swedes?

Last I checked, the only country to ever invoke the mutual defense pact was the US, not Denmark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This should be the only job any former Trump administration employee should have.
    Don't count your shrubs before hidden in. The host Tom Bergeron hates the idea.

I'm not sure this was a good idea regardless. Not only is Spicer comically physically unsuited for the task, he'd claim the judges gave him the biggest numbers and also that he got the most calls, despite objectively posted results otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, who are we protecting Denmark from? The Swedes?
    Iran or UN or Canada? Those are the big threats according to Trump.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think it has more to do with their antisemitism not about being loyal to Israel.
    They have said nothing that was antisemitism. But what Trump said yesterday ABSOLUTELY was though. Calling American Jews that vote Democrat "uninformed or disloyal" is absolutely more antisemitic than ANYTHING those 4 might have said. But do go on, keep defending Mango Mussolini.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He didn't read the Giulliani post. The one where Giulliani specifically said it was, yes, about loyalty to Israel. You quoted it. He didn't read it.
    You expect Zenkai to understand facts? You give him more credit than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think it has more to do with their antisemitism not about being loyal to Israel.
    Being against the Israeli government is not anti-semitic. Otherwise a good portion of American Jews(and even a sizable minority of Israeli jews) are also anti-semitic.

You know what is anti-semitic though? Saying the majority of American jews are either ignorant or traitor to Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Being against the Israeli government is not anti-semitic. Otherwise a good portion of American Jews(and even a sizable minority of Israeli jews) are also anti-semitic.

You know what is anti-semitic though? Saying the majority of American jews are either ignorant or traitor to Israel.
    How about “Unite the right” rally, chanting Jews will not replace us? Last I checked, “Unite the right” excludes liberals and democrats.

Edit: oh and not a single person will post that “Unite the right” doesn’t represent the right. Not a single one and never will... even if I call it out. I’ll let you assume why...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wait... American Jews are supposed to be loyal to Israel? What the actual fuck? Should I be loyal to the UK because my great-great-great-great-great grandfather came from there?
    May as well be loyal to Africa since ultimately the whole human race came from there.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Trump wants to give himself the Medal of Honor. Because of course he does. And yes, I know this is a joke. Same as he jokes about assaulting women and being President for life. The incredible poor taste of suggesting Soviet Style self awarding of valorous awards, in the presence of a man that actually won it is staggering.

Of course the usual suspects will claim that Trump somehow supports the military, but he doesn't. This crassness is an insult disguised as a joke, as Trump clearly feels himself more worthy then any legitimate national hero that ever lived.

Is there going to be a recession? IDK, but neither do "experts"

economists are bad at predicting recessions

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Is there going to be a recession? IDK, but neither do "experts"

economists are bad at predicting recessions

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter
    Most economists will qualify their predictions, though. They'll make one, but most that I've been listening to focus more on the increasing chance of a recession given market indicators including the inverted yield curve (which is a pretty reliable signifier, though not perfect).

And I think that saying that the prospects of a recession are increasing is pretty fair, given the information we have currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's just political suicide to say that in an election cycle, because the number of redneck bigots who'll get angry outnumber the Native American votes you might gain.
    Who is more likely to react with bitter rage toward a candidate wanting to spend more of the Federal treasury on the poor and people who actually work for a living and/or critiquing the national pastime of endless military conquest:

- Some poor white guy who probably doesn't vote anyway
    - A guy who collects a paycheck from a defense contractor

These are the mysteries that confound our political discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Most economists will qualify their predictions, though. They'll make one, but most that I've been listening to focus more on the increasing chance of a recession given market indicators including the inverted yield curve (which is a pretty reliable signifier, though not perfect).

And I think that saying that the prospects of a recession are increasing is pretty fair, given the information we have currently.
    The problem usually is just that cautious, qualified predictions are just not very marketable in the headline-based media culture we have today. Heck, even the article linked by this person showcases this, citing multiple times that most experts do not think they can predict the future.
    Not that such is usually the point of these predictions, anyway. Economists warn of increased risk of recession in order to hopefully prevent or mitigate one, not to rub their hands in glee when one does occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The problem usually is just that cautious, qualified predictions are just not very marketable in the headline-based media culture we have today. Heck, even the article linked by this person showcases this, citing multiple times that most experts do not think they can predict the future.
    Not that such is usually the point of these predictions, anyway. Economists warn of increased risk of recession in order to hopefully prevent or mitigate one, not to rub their hands in glee when one does occur.
    The issue is on the media front, just as it is with polls.

"Economist says chance of recession increase, but doesn't want to make prediction" isn't a sexy headline.
    "Economist says recession hitting in the next 10 months!" is a sexy headline.

"Poll give Clinton 80% chance of winning, still room for Trump to win" isn't sexy
    "Poll pegs Hillary as the victor in the elections!" is sexy.

The problem is the way that these topics are talked about, not the data that spurs the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Trump wants to give himself the Medal of Honor. Because of course he does. And yes, I know this is a joke. Same as he jokes about assaulting women and being President for life. The incredible poor taste of suggesting Soviet Style self awarding of valorous awards, in the presence of a man that actually won it is staggering.

Of course the usual suspects will claim that Trump somehow supports the military, but he doesn't. This crassness is an insult disguised as a joke, as Trump clearly feels himself more worthy then any legitimate national hero that ever lived.
    What the fuck?

I fucking deserve the MoH more than he does for at least enlisting and serving a few years in the reserves, and no, I don't fucking deserve the MoH, just that between me and Trump, I'd deserve it more.

This cancer never served in the military, deferred out of Vietnam due to "bone spurs" and wouldn't survive day one at boot camp.

The fact that this asshole thinks he deserves an MoH is an insult to the brave men and women, some who fucking died, who earned the award.

Fuck Donald Trump. And yes, this legitimately pissed me off, because the MoH is the highest military honor in the US. It's for people who fought bravely for their country, not for conmen who lie and cheat and use the office to enrich themselves and their buddies.

Fuck you Donald.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    3 tweets in a row from Trump talking about how Henry Ford would be rolling over in his grave at how "weak" his company/staff are these days for going along with California and not his own plan for emissions/motors. How they cost specifically $3000 more than they should and are totally unsafe and blah blah blah. Such a pathetic little man, isn't he? Even a child could probably see right through him, he's not exactly a master of being subtle when something bothers him.
    So, he has found himself another anti-semite? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    So, he has found himself another anti-semite? ;P
    Not sure if you were just being facetious but yes, Henry Ford was a notorious anti-Semite and Nazi sympathizer. No wonder Trump likes him!