10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I think he's desperately hoping that the soundbite of 'Trump Sues Schiff and/or Pelosi!' will be enough to sway public opinion, and implying some sort of guilt without any real substance. Y'know, because people like reading headlines but don't actually like reading articles.
    Even then all they have to do to counter it is to remind people of all the people Trump declared he would sue and never followed through.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Even then all they have to do to counter it is to remind people of all the people Trump declared he would sue and never followed through.
    Oh I never said it was a good plan, but he's running out of legal options right now to stonewall or delegitimatize the inquiry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh I never said it was a good plan, but he's running out of legal options right now to stonewall or delegitimatize the inquiry.
    Since when has he ever limited himself to legal options?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't understand why Trump loves losing lawsuits so much.
    Its not about winning the court case, its a great sound bite to his cult, and they never look past the headline.

I don't understand why Trump loves losing lawsuits so much.
    Hes used to suing people that cant fight back. He will sue, then drag the processes out for so long that whoever hes suing cant afford the legal fees anymore and drops out even if trump had 0 case.

This tactic tho doesn't work here because hes treating to sue people who have the money and dedication to see everything thru to the end.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Hes used to suing people that cant fight back. He will sue, then drag the processes out for so long that whoever hes suing cant afford the legal fees anymore and drops out even if trump had 0 case.

This tactic tho doesn't work here because hes treating to sue people who have the money and dedication to see everything thru to the end.
    That shit should be illegal. Losing a court case because of “delays” and legal “fees”.

Holy fucking shit Fox News is now throwing the pollster under the bus.

Fox News pollster Braun Research misrepresented impeachment poll: analysis

I guess we should expect a mass exit of journalists from Fox News they want to go full state sponsored propaganda after William Barr delivered the dear leader marching orders. From now on you won't see a bad poll for Trump by Fox, Shep Smith was just the start of the purge of anyone who would tell their audience facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

I guess we should expect a mass exit of journalists from Fox News they want to go full state sponsored propaganda after William Barr delivered the dear leader marching orders. From now on you won't see a bad poll for Trump by Fox, Shep Smith was just the start of the purge of anyone who would tell their audience facts.
    Barr went to the big man and suddenly things are being cleaned up to favor Trump, Fox knows that if Trump stops watching so too does his base and they'll actually lose money.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No no no, you have to say the whole thing!

This isn't someone trying not to be pushed under the bus. This is the fucking Orient Express. Everyone did it. Oh fuck you, that's not a spoiler, the book's older than Trump is.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he's used to suing the people who work for him when they ask for their paycheck. He's a bully who uses his lawyers to sue or threaten to sue and use his wealth and power to scare them off.

But Pelosi just brought scissors to a paper-fight.
    It must drive him crazy that he can't bully Nancy Pelosi.

As to the rest, I'm not sure it's bad for Trump. Sondland is supposedly going on record saying Trump told him there's "no quid pro quo," and then refusing to speculate as to whether he thought that was true, when it's clear they all they knew there was a quid pro quo. Which is the same information we had from the texts, and which they'll all say again is "proof" there was no quid pro quo. And he's broadcasting it way ahead of his testimony, which gives Trump a head's up and also maybe gets Sondland out of a Trump twitter shitstorm (or whatever else they were going to put him through--what the fuck was that line in the Ukraine phone call that Yovanovitch was "going to go through some things"?). He's covering his own ass, implicating Giuliani who's trying to implicate him, and protecting Trump at the same time.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2019-10-13 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Its not about winning the court case, its a great sound bite to his cult, and they never look past the headline.
    It's not even about actually suing, either. Remember that for Democrats/RINOS/anyone contradicting Trump, really, the whole 'court of public opinion' thing is OK as far as Trump's base is considered. Him threatening to sue is tantamount to a guilty verdict already to them, so he doesn't actually need to follow it up.

I guess we now know what Barr was doing talking to Murdoch...

Fox is state-run propaganda. I will laugh at anyone who ever thinks they are reliable in the future.

Barr went to the big man and suddenly things are being cleaned up to favor Trump, Fox knows that if Trump stops watching so too does his base and they'll actually lose money.
    That was a power move by Trump he could have send any of his henchmen he sent Barr to remind Murdoch that he can make life difficult for him. This guy really thinks he is a mob boss and all these educated formerly highly respected people are willing to give up their reputations doing all sorts of illegal deeds to serve him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I guess we now know what Barr was doing talking to Murdoch...

Fox is state-run propaganda. I will laugh at anyone who ever thinks they are reliable in the future.
    Yup and now they are making sure to kill whatever small daylight of reality there was on the network they may as well have Trump write their script for them.

That was a power move by Trump he could have send any of his henchmen he sent Barr to remind Murdoch that he can make life difficult for him. This guy really thinks he is a mob boss and all these educated formerly highly respected people are willing to give up their reputations doing all sorts of illegal deeds to serve him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup and now they are making sure to kill whatever small daylight of reality there was on the network they may as well have Trump write their script for them.
    It's not like anyone with half a brain didn't already know this. Murdoch has long said he wanted to be a kingmaker for the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not like anyone with half a brain didn't already know this. Murdoch has long said he wanted to be a kingmaker for the GOP.
    He can go down with them in flames.

Which is funny as I'm sure Murdoch could easily ruin Trump at any time and not lose much along the way for doing so. Murdoch really only finds Trump useful, much like the rest of the GoP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wholeheartedly agree on running the office like the mafia. Rudy is 1 step away, Trump has plenty of mafia dealings in the past with them dealing with unions and real estate in NYC, even the "you talking to me" line in the press conference a week or so ago was straight out of Goodfellas. It's push the law to the very letter or over it, and it will be fine because high paid lawyers will make it ok. Anyone does a crime, np he'll pardon you.

It's even more hypocritical in light of the attacks on AOC. AOC is a single member of the house with a single house vote, and some theoretical far-left ideas that will probably never see the light of day. Trump spends every day office not only using his significant power, but abusing it for even more that he is really allowed, to to push a wacky far-right agenda that benefits only wealthy white male christian straight Republicans, and even within that niche only those that have never said anything negative about him. And he goes out of his way to strip the rights or in some cases cause indirect or direct deaths of people not in that group. Heck, I'm hit most of the his niche and even I think he's a nutcase that's a danger to this democracy and the safety of the US (and the world ftm). It will take 100 years to undo the foreign relations damage that has been done in the last 3 years. Complaining about AOC talking radical ideas with no power, while Trump actually abuses his power daily to do things that are far more radical to the right is a level of irony that shows how difficult it can be to have a rational discussion with the people doing it. Her ideas have no effect. His actions literally caused multiple executions in northern Syria that were recorded on video and posted online yesterday.

The sad part is that in a few specific areas there are things he's doing that I could support. Fighting China's economic manipulation and IP theft. Reducing waste at the UN. Illegal immigration really is a massive problem. But the fraud, conspiracies that make Watergate look tame, dumping on democracy, betrayal of allies, mistreatment of women and minorities, nepotism, and complete incompetence at anything that relates to running the country economically or in foreign relations have made an embarrassment of the country. His obsession with trying to undo every action Obama did, even laws that were good for the country, just out of spite also shows where his loyalties lie. Oh and investigating Biden is against campaign law, acting like his investigating his #1 politicial oppoentn for his upcoming mid-term Presidential election was just him generally investigating corruption is laughable. It shows the level of apathy today that people aren't in the streets screaming for his removal, when what Trump did in Ukraine to pressure to investigate his #1 political opponent in the upcoming election (especially after Russia and 2016, which should have ended his Presidency already based on Comey and Manafort) was far worse than Watergate. If not for the Senate roadblock and McConnell, Pence would already be President.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    The sad part is that in a few specific areas there are things he's doing that I could support. Fighting China's economic manipulation and IP theft. Reducing waste at the UN. Illegal immigration really is a massive problem.
    He's said some good ideas, but every time he's tried he fails and he'll continue to fail because he's a man with no actual plan(s) to accomplish any of it. We knew he's fail at every single bit of it because he's a rich kid that never had to actually work for anything he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Hey, guys, do you remember 2 years ago when....
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4Cg6obN.png?1[G]
    What the fuck is he talking about?

These are the ramblings of a confused old man who needs to be institutionalized.

10+ Year Old Account
    He also seems to state that the US fought for Iraq?
    Well, we kinda did. The Iraqi people. At least, that was the premise. Put up a new government and flag and everything. Ones that featured the Kurds.

Guess what the yellow stripe is for?

Hey, guys, do you remember 2 years ago when....
    Besides not making sense I can't believe he is trying to make policy over twitter.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!