Page 1 of 2
LastLast

George Will Leaves Republican Party, Urges Conservatives to Vote Against Donald Trump

Nice to see more reasonable republicans Standing up against Trump.

http://fortune.com/2018/06/22/george...-donald-trump/
    In a speech at a luncheon held by the Federalist Society, Will urged other conservatives not to support Trump as the GOP nominee. “This is not my party,” Will said the speech, noting that while it’s a little too late to find a replacement for him on the ticket, conservatives can “grit their teeth for four years” after making sure that Trump loses.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matter of time after he and FOX News parted ways. Another @Skroe style departure.

People standing up for what they actually think instead of treating the party like a hivemind is one of the only ways we can crawl out of this mess. If we wanted a government where there was only one opinion that mattered, we'd have gotten a king.

Not a big fan of this guy, but is it at least an early sign of truly patriotic Republicans finally fucking defecting and admitting the extreme right element of the party is completely batshit crazy? I'll take it that way until someone can explain it with better knowledge of the person in question.

As I have stated elsewhere, what I find offensive is not an honest disagreement with true patriots but rather the dishonest activities of greedy sociopaths pretending to be patriots.

I mean, if you don't find the current POTUS cringy as fuck, then nothing will help you...

10+ Year Old Account
    The ever slow but steady decline. The people who are leaving now who are loyalists. When loyalists go its because they feel like their side has turned into a monster. A monster that they want to see eradicated for taking what they once loved.

The GOP should fear these guys.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, I was about to as what George we were talking about, and then realized "Will" was his last name.

That's enough scotch for tonight...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    No Thanks!

His muthafucker Federalist-Society-Speech-Giving-Ass can go wander in the wilderness. Be honest with himself a tory Party again.
    He's still just a Federalist Society hack that shills for GOP donors.

He's out of touch with his fellow conservatives. His pearl clutching words have done nothing to sway conservative Trump supporters. So he has like no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    He's out of touch with his fellow conservatives. His pearl clutching words have done nothing to sway conservative Trump supporters. So he has like no value.
    So, were you literally frothing at the mouth when you wrote this shit?

Deleted
    Another one peace of swamp got drained. Trump once more upholds his promises.

Trump is anything but conservative. It is kind of odd that isn't insanely obvious to anyone that is conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Where exactly? This guy worked at Fox News at one time, not with the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Never-Trumpers can let the door hit them...

They'll be back to kiss the ring when they need something a la Romney.
    So they guy that actually kind of supported him until he learned that Trump is a cumwad of the lowest quality is suddenly a "never-Trumper"? Couldn't be Trump and his policies are so bad that any actual conservative is disgusted by his actions at every turn. No, it must be the "Never-Trumpers" and the Deep State for hating him.

I see the drinking has started rather early in the morning.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    This is why I expect a Trump supporter's reply so eagerly for these threads. They never disappoint.

It always amuses me when you let slip that you think even less of the Republicans and their voter base than I do ahahaha.

Not even talking about the time you thought they'd rally behind a child-molesting racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I suspect he has no intention of swaying Trump supporters. They are far too gone. The actual supporters -- and not just the people trying to find some nuggets of merit or benefit in that massive turd pile -- the actual supporters are so far gone from reality that reasons and facts are like poison to them. They consider reasonable discourse and attempts at compromise as declarations of hostile intent. The world is filled with evil, and they are the only righteous, god fearing people in it. You cannot reason with that.

- - - Updated - - -

The Southern Strategy, folks. Can you imagine how much different politics in the US would be if one party didn't actively cater to lunatics?

Pedos are ok, just kiss the ring - Sulla

One less swamp creature, now we just need McCain to hurry up a die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well aren't you just a barrel of sunshine. Sorry that not every normal conservative wishes to tow the line, kiss the ring, slob the knob, or get their knees dirty worshiping like you and your ilk.

Wishing for someone's death just makes you a terrible person.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Will and the NeverTrumpers will never break their delusion. Donald Trump didn't capture the conservative movement. The conservative movement captured Donald Trump.

Anyone who has seen an elderly family member, with either a neutral or shallow understanding of politics, have their minds overthrown by the Saruman-like sorcery of rightwing media understands this implicitly. Donald Trump was always a corrupt, degenerate buffoon, but his present ideological understanding of the world is a recent construction - within the last ten years at most - and that construction was completely the work of the same rightwing media complex of which the George Wills of the world have always been an enthusiastic component.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

You people always find a way to shine through with your spinelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    This has probably been posted somewhere already, but Steve Schmidt, too: https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES/...25231004004352

I have mixed feelings--Trump is not a "how did this happen" moment, he's the logical conclusion of decades of calculated, poisonous race baiting and stoking the fears and soothing the egos of ignorant racist white voters. The Southern Strategy, Willie Horton, the robo-calls in South Carolina where they asked voters "how they would feel" if John McCain's adopted daughter from Bangladesh was actually his illegitimate daughter with a black prostitute, blah blah blah, Kenyan Muslim, etc., etc., and now they're all shocked we have actual nazis running around and mobilizing and our low-rent tin-pot tweet twit president thinks they're swell, and he and his disgusting gutless henchmen cooked up a scheme to put immigrant children in concentration camps ("My people love it," Trump said, which has the rare distinction of being a true thing to come out of his mouth with almost 60% of republicans approving of it), which brought us global condemnation and national shame, and deservedly so, and it's no accident that he keeps bringing up 16 year presidential terms. "The spirits which I have summoned / I now cannot banish."

If only they'd left sooner.