Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    From that article:

How about fuck off, Mr. Eberhart. It's our nation's capital and it's our Independence Day. Phoenix wasn't even a thing in 1776 you un-patriotic douche canoe.
    I think he's inviting the swamp down to Phoenix.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I wish I still wore the uniform and were assigned to march in his parade later today.

A court-martial would be worth giving that motherfucker a one-finger salute while participating in his retarded dog and pony show.

10+ Year Old Account
    ABC, CBS and NBC will not show Donald Trump's 'Salute to America' on the Fourth of July instead of their nightly newscasts
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Jeopardy.html

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Good. I don't want to see a propaganda show that he is trying to make about him. July 4th isn't to be used as a campaign event. Especially since he didn't send tickets to the DNC, sent some to the RNC, and he didn't even invite Vets to it, but he invited donors and lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Good. I don't want to see a propaganda show that he is trying to make about him. July 4th isn't to be used as a campaign event. Especially since he didn't send tickets to the DNC, sent some to the RNC, and he didn't even invite Vets to it, but he invited donors and lobbyists.
    Wait... hold up.

They're selling tickets to this thing?

"Fox News plays Trump's 'Salute to America' nonstop all day." - Possible future Onion article

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Wait... hold up.

Yep, sure are. This is basically Trump kicking his campaign into overdrive right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yep, sure are. This is basically Trump kicking his campaign into overdrive right now.
    Isn't there a law anywhere that prevents the president profiting/getting campaign money while using the military as his props?

Wait... hold up.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/white-...rnc-snubs-dnc/

Absolutely. RNC got tickets for VIP sections near the front that were given to donors. There wasn't any given to the DNC.

Isn't there a law anywhere that prevents the president profiting/getting campaign money while using the military as his props?
    I believe there are, yes.

I believe there are, yes.
    It doesn't seem to be working.

It doesn't seem to be working.
    This is mostly why they call Trump "Teflon Don", for some asinine reason nothing seems to stick to him. He's essentially the worlds luckiest criminal. Even mob bosses have been easier to pin things on.

This is mostly why they call Trump "Teflon Don", for some asinine reason nothing seems to stick to him. He's essentially the worlds luckiest criminal. Even mob bosses have been easier to pin things on.
    "Luck", in this context, is the realisation that the Senate is set up in a way that heavily favours Republicans and makes it wellnigh impossible to Democrats to gain a veto-proof majority there.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-07-04 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I just assumed Trump was paying for it by taking money from other sources.

And by "assumed" I mean "here is the link".

$2.5 million that's supposed to go to national parks restoration is, instead, being used to pay for the parade.

Because Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

More tariffs. This time, on solar panels.

"You already posted that."

I mean...maybe? It fits into his "Chinese hoax" narrative. But he did it yesterday for sure.

At time of the article's writing, 80% of US solar panels come from overseas. Now, there's a 30% tariff on them. Even though this was only yesterday, the Solar Energy Industries Association said it will cost tens of thousands of jobs.

I think we all know this is being done to support coal. Which is also losing jobs. See yesterday's post. We've discussed over and over how Trump has admitted (via ghost writer) that he views business as a zero-sum game. Cutting one industry, in his mind, will boost another. Thing is, solar employs four times what coal does. And both are losing. Even by his own version of the rules, he's still failing.

Tanks in the capital and concentration camps on the border...what twisted timeline is this

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The one where people are very hyperbolic.
    Technically he is being very literal, not hyperbolic. There are indeed tanks in the capital (If only two of them), and there are camps where we are concentrating people we do not want near the border. Only the second one really bothers me though. The first one is just crass political theater, which this president excels at.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's about as relevant as me saying we just exited the timeline where we delivered pallets of cash to our enemies on a covert flight.

Ignoring context for the express purpose of exaggeration.
    You should threaten to sue more people who accurately called you a pedophile supporter.

I thought Sulla would never come back after he supported the pedophile Roy Moore and gloated that he would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they not tanks? Is it not the capital?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Tanks in the capital and concentration camps on the border...what twisted timeline is this
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/1642869001/

Sometimes I feel like the best argument for why Hillary would have been better for the country is that we wouldn't have to deal with all of this freaking out 24/7 over what would normally be a measured discussion. It's like if they throw a big enough fit it sort of becomes the better choice to vote for Hillary simply due to the massive discord they spread 24/7. And the worst part is that most of the stuff they're freaking out about happened other times before Trump was even in office, it's just that nobody cared.

Like the conditions at ICE detention facilities: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...725-story.html

It just never made a stir because they like Obama. Trump takes over the same overloaded and problematic conditions and it's the Holocaust.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-07-04 at 06:30 PM.

And then you look at something like child separation and they just sort of assume that Trump and Co. want to split families to cause suffering. They sort of act like human trafficking isn't a thing, that it's just a fig leaf for racism, it doesn't really exist. That people who immigrate illegally haven't been told that they have better chances in their asylum claim if they have a child with them.

So no surprise that 30% of adults weren't related to the children they had with them. If this were the Obama administration we'd be talking about how important it is to make sure children aren't being victimized by predators and human traffickers. There are stories about the unique suffering young children face in this regard. But it's not Obama, it's Trump, so it's just racist Trump who hates brown kids and wants to see them suffer. Just the worst, most vitriolic accusation possible because of course it is. 24/7 outrage until he's gone.