10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another report for you guys to consider, rebuke, or whatever on.....https://www.foxnews.com/media/moodys...rump-wins-2020

President Trump is favored to win reelection to the White House in 2020, according to a Moody's Analytics report, but several factors will have to fall into place for the commander-in-chief to receive another four years.

Moody's report, tweeted out on Tuesday, said early signs point to a Trump victory mostly fueled by a strong economy. However, the results will depend on voter turnout.

"Our 2020 Presidential Election Models: Early signs point to Trump, though turnout is key," the tweet read.

The report states that Trump has the advantage in several forecast models such as the economy, personal finances, and energy prices.

"The current environment of stable to low gas prices favors Trump in his reelection bid. Moreover, the baseline forecast calls for gasoline prices to dip slightly in the year leading up to the 2020 election," the report reads.

"If voters were to vote primarily on the basis of their pocketbooks, the president would steamroll the competition, taking home 351 electoral votes to the Democrats’ 187, assuming average voter turnout,"

Moody's said Trump's fluctuating approval ratings will not work against him and are comparable to past presidents who have won reelection.

Moody's said they have corrected their turnout models from 2016, which caused the forecast to incorrectly predict a victory by Hillary Clinton.

Note : So the last sentence I posted, shows they have been wrong before.
    Again, your only tactic seems to be about how Trump is going to win politically, no comments on why this is a good thing. Any comments on the horrible things he is currently doing?

I thought not. It isn't even Party over Country at the point, it is Donald J. Trump over Country, Decency, Jesus, and Vanilla Ice Cream.

So, the EPA going after California repeatedly?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/c...alifornia.html

Yeah...they're doing this without actually consulting any of their staff based in California. At all.

When the Environmental Protection Agency administrator, Andrew Wheeler, accused California of allowing “piles of human feces” on city streets to contaminate sewer systems, leaders of the agency’s West Coast region hastily convened an all-hands meeting of the San Francisco staff.

At that meeting, E.P.A. officials informed staff members that Mr. Wheeler’s torrent of allegations about the state’s water pollution were exaggerated, according to five current and former E.P.A. officials briefed on internal discussions. Moreover, the accusations, contained in a Sept. 26 oversight letter, had been developed without the knowledge of the California-based staff, which would normally issue such notices.

Instead, it was put together by a small group of political appointees in Washington assigned specifically to target California, according to three current E.P.A. officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yeah...they're doing this without actually consulting any of their staff based in California. At all.
    Ok, surely this part is illegal...
    Instead, it was put together by a small group of political appointees in Washington assigned specifically to target California, according to three current E.P.A. officials.
    How is the federal government allowed to pay people specifically to screw with one particular US State? How is that ok at all? Last I checked, the Federal government has a responsibility to represent California as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey remember when they split up the Interior and said this way they would be better connected than in Washington? How's that excuse working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    How is the federal government allowed to pay people specifically to screw with one particular US State? How is that ok at all? Last I checked, the Federal government has a responsibility to represent California as well.
    Easy, you don't call them a group specifically targeting California. Everyone just knows that's what they're there for, even if they have a name like "Special Task Force for Strategic West Coast Climate Protection and Stability"

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, the Federal government has a responsibility to represent California as well.
    California is a donor state. There's a really good reason to keep their massive economy happy.

On the other hand ... San Francisco has been covered in feces for YEARS and hasn't had much luck fixing it. Maybe it IS time for the feds to do something?

I tell you how. President thinskin is still butthurt that he lost the popular vote by 3kk, and that the majority of said popular vote loss was based in CA. Also, their refusal to adhere to the cult irks him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    On the other hand ... San Francisco has been covered in feces for YEARS and hasn't had much luck fixing it. Maybe it IS time for the feds to do something?
    A good thing would be to control the housing markets, and make affordable housing for low inco...hahahaah ok that wont happen.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I tell you how. President thinskin is still butthurt that he lost the popular vote by 3kk, and that the majority of said popular vote loss was based in CA. Also, their refusal to adhere to the cult irks him.

- - - Updated - - -

A good thing would be to control the housing markets, and make affordable housing for low inco...hahahaah ok that wont happen.
    San Francisco is weird city.

Housing for the homeless and truly low income population is handled by mostly non-profits. Their housing facilities are mostly concentrated in the Tenderloin area. I included a map which show the homeless population from the last SF homeless census. The homeless population is concentrated along a corridor on the east side of the City. The homeless numbers go down as they get further and further away from their support system.

The City technically does build housing for low income. At least on paper. However, their definition of low income is people making less than 110k per year (90k in 2015). A one bedroom/one bath built by City went for around 220k in 2015. The average buyers made around 80k per year. To buy one of those the buyer had to enter a lottery, then take finance class, etc. The City is more interested in providing housing for middle echelon high tech workers, firemen, teachers and police officers.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Trump busy running his mouth today why abandoning the Kurds was actually a great idea. The GOP would have gone apeshit and demanded Obamas execution if he did what Trump is doing now.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm really not sure anymore if Trump *wants* to be impeached. Or at least deliberately pushing the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And Trump busy running his mouth today why abandoning the Kurds was actually a great idea. The GOP would have gone apeshit and demanded Obamas execution if he did what Trump is doing now.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...angels-2019-10

And we've reached the, "We didn't withdraw and lose, we actually won and it was brilliant!" phase of this farce.
    Quoting myself from the Turkey thread because it's relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    At this point I'm really not sure anymore if Trump *wants* to be impeached. Or at least deliberately pushing the limits.
    More likely that he knows he can do anything because the GOP are the world's largest living mollusks.

So much irony huh?

The one government agency conservatives hate with a passion are using it to attack/regulate and force a state to do the bidding of the BIG, Bad, Federal Government.

Yet, conservatives probably love this irony and are maniacally rubbing there hands together using the agency to attack a blue state.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    They did go apeshit when Obama drew down forces in Iraq over the span of five fucking years.

Remember when they said Obama created ISIS?

Use that argument against Trump, now Trump created ISIS...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another report for you guys to consider, rebuke, or whatever on.....https://www.foxnews.com/media/moodys...rump-wins-2020

President Trump is favored to win reelection to the White House in 2020, according to a Moody's Analytics report, but several factors will have to fall into place for the commander-in-chief to receive another four years.

Moody's report, tweeted out on Tuesday, said early signs point to a Trump victory mostly fueled by a strong economy. However, the results will depend on voter turnout.

"Our 2020 Presidential Election Models: Early signs point to Trump, though turnout is key," the tweet read.

The report states that Trump has the advantage in several forecast models such as the economy, personal finances, and energy prices.

"The current environment of stable to low gas prices favors Trump in his reelection bid. Moreover, the baseline forecast calls for gasoline prices to dip slightly in the year leading up to the 2020 election," the report reads.

"If voters were to vote primarily on the basis of their pocketbooks, the president would steamroll the competition, taking home 351 electoral votes to the Democrats’ 187, assuming average voter turnout,"

Moody's said Trump's fluctuating approval ratings will not work against him and are comparable to past presidents who have won reelection.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN12W56J

Politics November 1, 2016

Low gas prices and President Barack Obama’s high approval ratings are key factors that favor Democrat Hillary Clinton winning the White House in next week’s election, according to a model from Moody’s Analytics that has accurately predicted the last nine U.S. presidential contests.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I'm still believing he's deliberately "flipping the gameboard". It's not America Vs Dump, It's America Vs Dump's Ego/vanity.

Dumbass Dump will gladly flip the gameboard (ie. burn the country down and take anybody with him) before he goes. I've seen people do this IRL and with Games - if they don't get their way, they will actively sabotage the game/life/whatever so that they cause as much chaos as possible - this way they believe they're still in control, or at least will make the final influential calls, which is all that matters at this point to them.

Trump meltdown

President Trump had a “meltdown” and called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) a “third-rate politician” during a meeting with congressional leaders on the situation in Syria, Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters after they left the meeting.

The White House had invited leadership and top committee members of both parties and chambers of Congress to discuss Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Trump had a total meltdown in a meeting with Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Steny Hoyer.

Edit: Damn, shadow beat me to it.

But yeah, I think Trump is finally realizing what deep shit he's in. He completely misjudged the reaction he'd get over Syria and the GOP voting against him over it has him shaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump meltdown

President Trump had a “meltdown” and called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) a “third-rate politician” during a meeting with congressional leaders on the situation in Syria, Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters after they left the meeting.

The White House had invited leadership and top committee members of both parties and chambers of Congress to discuss Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria.
    So, if Nancy Pelosi is a third rate politician and she's kicking Trumps ass, what does that make Trump?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Well, Pelosi did say to Trump; "I wish you were a politician." http://www.rollcall.com/news/whiteho...ate-politician