Coronavirus: as many as 10,000 in Britain may already have it, says PM https://t.co/OdTuqWLNgD
    https://twitter.com/guardian/status/...368687106?s=19

Thank goodness Trump covered Great Britain in his travel ban.

Oh wait...

Trump looks more like an idiot every hour. Not shocking of course.

Also not shocking is he may not ban so his business can still make money.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-03-12 at 10:11 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/world...ard/index.html

Russia is meddling again, this time using Ghana as their front to try to mask some of their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yeah, well, I'd recently planned a Disneyland trip with my girlfriend for later in the month, and was holding out some small hope...

...but Disneyland announced today that they're shutting down til the end of the month at least.

Thankfully, airlines are being accommodating, and I've already canceled my flight for full credit.
    Lucky man, not a thing over here, sadly enough, but I'd rather take a financial hit, then maybe die/suffer damage from the Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Graham is now self-quarantining. Probably in a closet.
    Also, apparently Trump is refusing to be tested.
    I don't suppose someone can lock him in there?

Given that people have tested positive who came in direct contact with both Trump and Pence I'd say it's likely they both have it.

The irony, oh my god, I will chuckle as hell.

Im going to bed now, I will reply to possible notifications tomorrow.
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2020-03-12 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My father spent the last 20 years working on an agent-based model to predict pandemics. I've worked on it myself while going to university. Currently we look at about at least 10 months, with the peak somewhere in june. Of course this could change, as new data as well as the actual reactions of the nations around the world will impact this, but it wont be over in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Given that people have tested positive who came in direct contact with both Trump and Pence I'd say it's likely they both have it.
    i'm really curious what would happen if trump just didn't wake up.
    would they parade his corpse around like a puppet?
    would anyone notice the difference?

Guys its all a left wing hoax. Or so I hear this guy say the other day. He had a red hat on. Also like.. duck billed his lips a lot when he talked. Was strange. But a lot of people in NASCAR hats seem to be happy to be around him. How could they be wrong about government stuff and all that.

I'm sure this was already discussed, but just to reiterate: Trump did not want additional testing because he thought it would hurt his reelection chances.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/81488...nse-fell-short

But at the same time, Secretary Azar has not always given the president the worst-case scenario of what could happen. My understanding is he did not push to do aggressive additional testing in recent weeks, and that's partly because more testing might have led to more cases being discovered of coronavirus outbreak, and the president had made clear - the lower the numbers on coronavirus, the better for the president, the better for his potential reelection this fall.

Graham is now self-quarantining. Probably in a closet.

must....not...laugh....must...not.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/12/...e-coronavirus/

Remember Matt Gaetz? Human piece of shit?

Well, he's still getting paid while he's not working and in self-quarantine. Because of course he is.

But, while he was in the Florida Congress he voted to prohibit Florida residents from having the right that he currently enjoys. If he were a decent man he'd donate the portion of his salary he was under self-quarantine. Or you know, work to ensure that all Americans can have the security to take time off of work without fear of being fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Mind you, im not a friend of Trump. I actually hate the man, but blaming him for, in raidspeak: Stupidly stacked bad luck rng, combined with stupidity goes abit far.
    *ahem*

Refusing to be tested, after known exposure (see above pictures), is not "stupid stacked bad luck RNG". Refusing to be tested is "standing in the fire".

Trump just destroyed your argument. It happens to a lot of Trump defenders.

The Plague of Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this was already discussed, but just to reiterate: Trump did not want additional testing because he thought it would hurt his reelection chances.
    Do you know what else hurts his chances? Being sick. He threw that at Clinton, remember?

Do you know what else hurts his chances? Being dead. He's old, he's clearly in poor health, and of course, he's an anti-vaxxer. This could kill him.

https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/s...14247051558917

Nancy Pelosi is working and negotiating with Mnuchin on legislation to address the coronavirus. Democratic leadership is working.

What are Republicans up to during this pandemic?

Well, Mitch McConnell thinks this is a great time for a long weekend. He's heading home for a 3 day break from stonewalling legislation that might help the country, so he can come back well rested and recuperated to continue to stonewall legislation.

I'm glad Republicans are leading by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    If this was a preventable, man made disaster, you'd have a point.

Pandemics are nothing new in our history. But clutch your pearls harder.
    What does that have to do with you not giving a flying fuck about people dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/s...14247051558917

Nancy Pelosi is working and negotiating with Mnuchin on legislation to address the coronavirus. Democratic leadership is working.

What are Republicans up to during this pandemic?

Well, Mitch McConnell thinks this is a great time for a long weekend. He's heading home for a 3 day break from stonewalling legislation that might help the country, so he can come back well rested and recuperated to continue to stonewall legislation.

I'm glad Republicans are leading by example.
    They will still vote for him and the party that doesn't want to help the common people.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    TheAmericanConservative posts on the subject of Trump's address.

This list is not edited by Breccia, except for bolding for "we already discussed it on these very forums"

Good part:

• This is a new, more serious tone from him. I sincerely welcome that

Bad parts:

• He looked and sounded unwell
    • I don’t suppose I’m opposed to the European travel restrictions, but it’s much too late for that to do measurable good. They would have made a lot more sense two weeks ago. And exempting Britain from this ban is senseless. It sounded like he’s trying to frame the virus as an external threat. But it’s already here, and it’s rapidly spreading. This seemed more rhetorical than anything else — Trump trying to reinforce his image as a nationalist looking out for American interests
    • He spoke much more about economic relief than public health concerns
    • He spent far too much time and effort trying to defend his administration’s response, and no time speaking more directly to people who — encouraged by him and his media coterie — have spent the last few weeks minimizing the seriousness of all this
    • He said little or nothing about testing, which we are still not able to do. No real talk about social distancing
    • He did not declare a state of national emergency, which would have helpful policy and legal effects at the state level
    • He said nothing about the critical-care crisis facing hospitals. I have found that this is a point that is not widely understood by the general public: that even if only a relatively small number of people are ultimately going to die from this virus, it stands to overwhelm our hospitals. This is why it is so very important for everybody to practice social distancing and the rest: to slow the rate of infection, and give our health care system the chance to cope. It is beyond comprehension why he didn’t make this clear to listeners tonight. I’ve had a number of conversations these past few days with people who aren’t following the story closely, and they are entirely unaware of this fact. The president blew an opportunity to explain that to the nation
    • Watching him, I realized the cost of a president having pissed away his authority these past three years, with his daily juvenile tweets and schoolyard rhetoric. The country needs a president now who can inspire, galvanize, and lead. Tonight I saw a president who looked tired, afraid, and completely unconvincing. He ended by calling for an end to partisanship, and the nation coming together to fight this threat. That’s what any president should do in his position, in a moment of great national crisis. It is difficult to imagine a president with less credibility to make that ask

"The brown?"

I called that one out.

"Why brown?"

Warrior class color.

The author then goes on with three UPDATEs, one for each of the three lies Trump told the American people. On telepromptor. They're already on these forums, or you could click the link to review.

Also:

We just did air strikes on Iran-backed militias. Yes, again, this was like 2 hours ago. Yes, this is in retaliation to their strikes that killed two of us.

Want to go on a wild, infuriating ride? Then I present to you, The Federalist defense of Donald Trump on the coronavirus -

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/12...avirus-crisis/

Yes, it's as stupid, racist, and idiotic as it seems at a glance.

China hasn't been, and still isn't hording drugs. It's been a pandemic, and China appears to have potentially seen the worst of it (though their numbers aren't entirely trustworthy). Again, those drugs will help deal with some symptoms, but that's about it.

There are, to my knowledge, no confirmed cases of transmission from illegal border crossings. The late January ban was already too late, but it was good. The European travel ban is literally pointless at this point. Beyond pointless.

Being a germophobe is not a policy.

So yes, it's as fucking stupid as it seems. Conservative media is intellectually dead.