10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So how likely do you guys think is it that Trump will use this crisis to invoke emergency powers?
    He literally did that yesterday with regards to spending.

If you're asking if he'll misuse the spending powers, for example for Wall funds by claiming the Wall will stop the coronavirus, I'd say fairly unlikely. He was already forced to give an address at political gunpoint.

If you're asking if he'll take other methods, such as blocking state-to-state travel, he already said he's considering it.

If you're asking if he'll cancel or postpone the election, I still think a member of the Secret Service would just shoot him when he tries to appoint himself dictator.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He literally did that yesterday with regards to spending.

If you're asking if he'll misuse the spending powers, for example for Wall funds by claiming the Wall will stop the coronavirus, I'd say fairly unlikely. He was already forced to give an address at political gunpoint.

If you're asking if he'll take other methods, such as blocking state-to-state travel, he already said he's considering it.

If you're asking if he'll cancel or postpone the election, I still think a member of the Secret Service would just shoot him when he tries to appoint himself dictator.
    Alright, that's a somewhat positive outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, by the way, if you want to know where those National Emergency moneys are going, just ask the stock market. It sure sounds like people think Trump will use them to bail out corporations who are losing money.

Help for individuals is coming in the 363-40 voted House bill that includes things like sick leave and taxpayer-covered testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, that's a somewhat positive outlook.
    The address -- the one where swollen-eyed Trump lied multiple times to the camera -- was a wake-up call. For Trump.

Remember, the Republican Party is now the Party of Trump. For them to confront him like that, when they let pretty much everything else from NK and Iran to literal torch-carrying Nazis marching in the streets go, is significant. I disagree with many Republican policies, but they don't want one hundred sixty-three thousand, five hundred Americans dying for no reason. On this issue, there is no bias and there is no partisan. Trump was ignoring the issue, threatening to damage America from his willful ignorance and inaction. The GOP wasn't having that. If Trump tries to intentionally damage or misdirect the efforts beyond an accepted "margin of fatass", they'll turn on him in public. And they told Trump to his fat orange swollen face.

We've found the GOP's breaking point. It's Americans dying to the plague in the streets in the tens of thousands.

- - - Updated - - -

Related:

Remember that "US Army brought coronavirus to China" conspiracy theory China's government floated? Well, the US isn't having that. The envoy just got summoned to have a nice little chat about it.

"Apologize," the chat won't go but I'm pretending it will, "or we'll make you shake hands with Trump."

Also, I'd like to get in front of the US buying a bunch of oil. I'm not a huge fan of what feels like Trump propping up the oil industry, especially since "everyone" is working from home now. But I'm leaning towards that being a side effect, and anyone else would have done the same thing, rather than it being abuse of power.

7+ Year Old Account
    So how likely do you guys think is it that Trump will use this crisis to invoke emergency powers?
    The emergency powers he can invoke are limited by the laws that allow him to a declare a national emergency in the first place. This isn't Russia we're talking about. The limits on executive power are firmly locked in behind laws and the US constitution and have been for centuries.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    WHAT?! Fox is pushing another conspiracy theory?

Queue Trumpsters going "All media is the same" as every other major one pushes no conspiracy theories.
    Aaaah, yes. Clearly it is a North Korean attack on American Soil, which they unleashed by releasing it in China? As in, one of their only friends on this blue ball? And then, just HOPE someone infected goes to the States and start infecting them over there... There is so many ways that would backfire that even North Korean leadership would realize how idiotic and risky that move would be.
    Jerry, at least push for a conspiracy which makes just a little more sense like Flat Earth or something.

@Breccia I’m surprised in your listed failings you missed the fact we actually refused the WHO tests in favor of having our private sector make and then subsequently bungle our testing kits.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not a peep from the man when it effectively plummets, except to shit on the Fed, but you can be damn sure he'll pipe up when it goes back up a bit lol Anything for a positive spin.

I look forward to seeing a report "latter."

SOCIAL DISTANCING!
    Odd thing for a man happy to go around shaking hands and shit to finally say.
    Biggest rise ever....after having the top 5 biggest declines ever in the last few weeks
    He now owns all of the top 10 biggest declines by his measurements.

He also...ENDED the 11 year bull market...no Obama...Trump...

Lol
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    @Breccia I’m surprised in your listed failings you missed the fact we actually refused the WHO tests in favor of having our private sector make and then subsequently bungle our testing kits.
    Honestly, I had completely missed that. Any chance you can link a source?

Remember, the Republican Party is now the Party of Trump. For them to confront him like that, when they let pretty much everything else from NK and Iran to literal torch-carrying Nazis marching in the streets go, is significant. I disagree with many Republican policies, but they don't want one hundred sixty-three thousand, five hundred Americans dying for no reason.
    And that high figure is not a worst case analysis, but assumes that it is no more deadly than the seasonal flu, which isn't backed by data - but by Trump's hunches.

CDC scenarios has it at between 200,000 and 1.7 million dead, in the US.

Honestly, I had completely missed that. Any chance you can link a source?
    http://www.politico.com/news/2020/03...failure-123166

We were offered test kits in January.

No explanation has been given as to why we refused them.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The emergency powers he can invoke are limited by the laws that allow him to a declare a national emergency in the first place. This isn't Russia we're talking about. The limits on executive power are firmly locked in behind laws and the US constitution and have been for centuries.
    Have we already forgotten about the Emergency Wall?

I mean, sure, there are limits. But it turns out all of those limits don't mean shit when no one is going to enforce them. Trump's problem isn't that his behavior isn't limited. It's that no one is holding him to the limits in place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump sends signed chart showing stock market gains to supporters after he declared coronavirus a national emergency
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/13/p...oto/index.html

The travel ban will be extended to the UK and Ireland on Monday and no I have no idea why the wait until Monday.

In a related note, expect the markets to remain volatile. :P

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/...71782817435653

So what the fuck. Is he tested or not?

The administration can't even keep messaging on something like a simple fucking test straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, he switched to a blue hat that says USA

when did the parents come home and for how long did he get dad's belt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And that high figure is not a worst case analysis, but assumes that it is no more deadly than the seasonal flu, which isn't backed by data - but by Trump's hunches.

CDC scenarios has it at between 200,000 and 1.7 million dead, in the US.
    Currently, you have more deceased than recovered... sooo I'd say 200.000 to 1.7 million dead is a very optimistic assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Currently, you have more deceased than recovered... sooo I'd say 200.000 to 1.7 million dead is a very optimistic assumption.
    Those numbers were based on if we did nothing...

We don't know what the statistics will be now that stuff has started closing

not unexpected at all, we all said it would happen again...and he did it in perfect douche style as expected.

and his uneducated lot of supporters who don't even have much in the way in investments will not even know how to verify that days gains were a blip vs what was lost.

Gotta admit it he knows how to keep his base, his base.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    not unexpected at all, we all said it would happen again...and he did it in perfect douche style as expected.

and his uneducated lot of supporters who don't even have much in the way in investments will not even know how to verify that days gains were a blip vs what was lost.

Gotta admit it he knows how to keep his base, his base.
    I've always said Donny would have to be in the short list of some of the greatest con mans in human history