10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is terrifying. Getting rid of Trump won't get rid of what Trump is doing to the country
    As Skroe has been saying for a long time. Trump is a symptom of a larger problem in America. Our anti-intellectual stances and complete disregard for anyone other than ourselves has led us to this. We're no longer a country that can simply disagree with each other. We're one that is swinging dangerously close to promoting a dictatorship simply because it makes a large portion of our populace mad.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is terrifying. Getting rid of Trump won't get rid of what Trump is doing to the country
    They're on their way to being relegated to a sad page in the history books. But what we need to do is get them out of power, and keep them out. No more of this "what's the worst that can happen?" or "I'm sure it doesn't really matter..." politically ambivalent bullshit.

Donald Trump's presidency is exactly why choices matter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    As Skroe has been saying for a long time. Trump is a symptom of a larger problem in America. Our anti-intellectual stances and complete disregard for anyone other than ourselves has led us to this. We're no longer a country that can simply disagree with each other. We're one that is swinging dangerously close to promoting a dictatorship simply because it makes a large portion of our populace mad.
    The only things that are even a bit good about any of this is that, being in charge, the things they do actually hurt regular people quite a bit in a way that they can not avoid blame for. And these are starting to be noticed.

The idea that the virus is nothing to worry about so start opening up your businesses and EVERYONE GO OUT AND SHOP seems very very tone deaf. Trump supporters will be the ones hurt the most by this.

The recent bail outs for Wall Street not Main Street - this is starting to become a meme even for republicans. And the republicans shutting down any future bail outs now that it is time for the Main Street bail outs is also being noticed.

The armed protestors in Michigan is an optic that backfired by a lot. Nothing says racism is still a problem in this country more than well armed white guys occupying a state capitol knowing that if they were black they would be dead.

Trump talks about the desirabilility of tracking down just exactly where this virus started from. This is meant to embarrass China, but apparently Florida also has a few skeletons in its closet as well. There are likely other skeletons lurking in the background, and it may turn out that there are MANY states falsifying records of virus cases and deaths. Details about the Trump administration outbidding states for medical supplies would also embarrass the US. There are likely to be stories we don't even know about lurking about that could come to the surface. For the most part Trump is getting away with a lot of very corrupt and crazy things. People are taking notice since his corruption is starting to kill people, shut down businesses, and embarrass America.

It was not long ago the democrats blew Sanders and his idea of Medicare for All out of the water. The chose instead someone who has promised to veto Medicare for All if it passes Congress. Now multiple billionaires have come forward saying that we need to get some aid to middle and working class people. One proposal was basically a variation of UBI by expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit. He specifically said that we need to find a way to assure that a family with *one* wage earner could support a family of 4 and own their own home. The problems with having so many people broke have never been more apparent. The problems with having so many people uninsured or under insured have never been more apparent. America's commitment to austerity as an economic ideal may be coming to an end.

Out of the ashes rises the pheonix. Hopefully there won't be too many ashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip for page space-
    I certainly hope you're right about a lot of that stuff. Right now we're at a very strange place in American History where we're starting to see what 40 years of Trickle Down Economics, Systemic Racism, and Non-Existent Social Programs has resulted in. None of it is good, and it has resulted in a lot of angry Americans on both sides. The question I have is are those people mad enough on the Left to finally enact the changes the country so desperately needs, because we can't survive another disaster like 2008 or COVID-19 with the same chuckleheads we have in Congress.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I certainly hope you're right about a lot of that stuff. Right now we're at a very strange place in American History where we're starting to see what 40 years of Trickle Down Economics, Systemic Racism, and Non-Existent Social Programs has resulted in. None of it is good, and it has resulted in a lot of angry Americans on both sides. The question I have is are those people mad enough on the Left to finally enact the changes the country so desperately needs, because we can't survive another disaster like 2008 or COVID-19 with the same chuckleheads we have in Congress.
    The left got killed so badly in the democratic primary that I don't see the left bringing about any of these changes. The best the left can do now is to support anyone that proposes policies that we are aligned with. But current conditions are leading quite a few billionaires to not so good places if these trends continue. If Americans can't afford their goods, billionaires don't make money. They have almost complete control over America and its economy, but if America and its economy collapses they become non-billionaires real fast. If the stock market goes from 29k to 2.9k, then Bill Gates goes from having 45 billion or whatever to 4.5 billion. So even the top billionaires would get hurt if things go too sour.

Right now the stock market is enjoying a huge bull market at the same time that middle class and working class people are becoming unemployed and broke. This is not sustainable.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to find a non-paywalled version of This Article, but the person who shared it with me snagged some choice quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Business Insider
    Jared Kushner's volunteer group charged with securing personal protective equipment (PPE) for hospitals nationwide reportedly prioritized inquiries from Fox News hosts Jeanine Pirro and Brian Kilmeade, according to the Washington Post.

Volunteers were told to fast-track any PPE queries from "VIPs" and conservative media personalities sympathetic to President Trump, according to a complaint filed by one of the volunteers.
    Stealing PPE Equipment from High Demand areas to redistribute to only the finest ass kissers. Fuck these parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...133613382.html

How odd is it that the woman donated thousands of dollars to a democrat science resistance fund, and the husband was a retired mechanical engineer. Why would they ingest 4x the lethal amount of fish tank cleaner? She has a domestic abuse record with her husband. Seems "fishy" to me. Why would they immediately "trust" Trump (he didn't say to ingest fish tank cleaner or anything if the sort). Maybe she found the perfect opportunity to off her husband. "Doesnt that chemical sound like what's in that fish tank cleaner? Perfect. I can even direct the blame on trump for this! Double kill!"
    You might find this odd, almost crazy even, but believe it or not the president's word has real weight to it. It's why people fucking drank cleaning products after him talking about "injecting disinfectant" and why those two people did that, but hey good on you for creating a conspiracy theory about an older couple just because Trump said a bunch of stupid shit over these past 5 months.

Trump shouldn't be talking about things he has no idea about, from cures to the actual virus.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I'm trying to find a non-paywalled version of This Article, but the person who shared it with me snagged some choice quotes:
    Jared Kushner's volunteer group charged with securing personal protective equipment (PPE) for hospitals nationwide reportedly prioritized inquiries from Fox News hosts Jeanine Pirro and Brian Kilmeade, according to the Washington Post.

Volunteers were told to fast-track any PPE queries from "VIPs" and conservative media personalities sympathetic to President Trump, according to a complaint filed by one of the volunteers.

Kilmeade passed on a lead to the administration on getting PPE "in an effort to be helpful," while Pirro kept vying for a specific New York hospital to get a "large quantity of masks," according to two sources familiar with the outreach who spoke to The Post.

The complaint was filed last month to the House Oversight Committee.

A Fox News spokeswoman told The Post Pirro and Kilmeade were unaware their tips were being prioritized.

Fox News hosts saw their PPE queries fast tracked by Jared Kushner's team of volunteers tasked with securing the equipment for hospitals nationwide, according to a Washington Post report on a complaint filed by one of the volunteers.

President Trump's senior advisor and son-in-law reportedly oversaw the team filled by consultants with no experience in health care or supply-chain procurement, according to The Post.

In a complaint filed by one of the volunteers to the House Oversight Committee, "VIPs" and Trump-friendly TV hosts are alleged to have gotten their tips on PPE fast tracked.

Fox News' Jeanine Pirro and Brian Kilmeade were named by two sources familiar with their outreach to the Kushner team.

Pirro "repeatedly lobbied the administration for a specific New York hospital to receive a large quantity of masks," while Kilmeade got in touch with the administration about where to get PPE, according to The Post.

A Fox News spokeswoman told The Post that neither host was aware their queries were being prioritized.

The report is another blow to Kushner in his outsize role dealing with the pandemic.

Kushner's loyalists have been mocked as the "Slim Suit Crowd" and a "frat party" by FEMA veterans.
    Boom. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

Stealing PPE Equipment from High Demand areas to redistribute to only the finest ass kissers. Fuck these parasites.
    Note that this was written in Business Insider. Not a publication usually aligned with the left. The writer did a good job of writing in a very professional manner while simultaneously accusing the Trump administration of doing exactly what you said.

I like the original excerpt.
    I LOVE your interpretation

The combination of the two is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Quote me exactly what Trump said that was the "uh oh". Did he say go out and buy the chemical that happens to be inside that fish tank cleaner? No. He said the DRUG was showing good signs that it might help. Quote me EXACTLY where he said to use the chemical in fish tank cleaner. It's not Trump's fault 50 IQ fuckwads took treatment into their own hands with some homemade cocktail of fish tank cleaner and soda without the consent of their doctor and ingested 4x the lethal amount. There's plenty of other uh ohs to be mad about, but this isn't one. Honestly, if someone decides fish tank cleaner is something they should use to medicate themselves with they deserve to be removed from the gene pool.
    Him pushing a drug that wasn't tested is fucking stupid in of itself, but what's even more so is that you are going "He didn't force them to drink it" like that's an argument in any way. You understand Trump doesn't have to speak every single thought out loud AND he doesn't have to push an untested drug, especially when that drug isn't the magical cure him, you, Fox, and OAN were hoping it would be.

There's a reason he stopped talking about it, perhaps you may want to think about why that is.

I'm back from work. The numbers look about as I expected.

72,271 dead, 2,350 on the 5th (GMT). VERY slight difference from the previous week. 24,798 new cases, also fairly standard for the past few weeks. I'd REALLY like to see a week where we aren't hitting 2k within a couple days.

72 deaths (reported) in Florida, which is tied for the second-highest total they've had so far for the entire pandemic. So much for that going away there. 45 in Texas, which is in their top 5 or so. Pennsylvania and New Jersey both have overtaken New York in daily death total, though New York still has the most daily new cases. California--who I think most of us praised earlier for being on top of shit--has the second most daily new cases for the day and their highest ever spike. Even states that were getting this under control seem to be starting to struggle again. Washington, where this all kicked off, kinda, had another spike in deaths today and a few days ago had their highest spike in new cases for the whole pandemic, so it's not over there either.

All in all not a lot of good to talk about today. Here's hoping tomorrow looks better.
    Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-05-06 at 04:46 AM.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rus-update-us/

During a Tuesday television appearance, President Trump admitted that it is “possible” that more Americans will die as stay-at-home orders are lifted. Earlier in the day, he told reporters that some people would be affected badly, “but we have to get our country open, and we have to get it open soon.”
    Did Trump just have his lord Farquad moment?

Also: Fucking. What?!!!!

Three family members charged in shooting death of security guard who told a customer to put on a face mask

The rage that is boiling up inside of me right now--I have no words. If Trump would quit fucking PUSHING for the US to "reopen" and start pushing some fucking FACTS through--like wearing a mask where obligated to do so, instead of parading around without one IN A MASK FACTORY (which probably contaminated any masks he came close to)--then maybe we'd have fewer instances of emboldened fuckwits SHOOTING SOMEONE FOR TELLING THEM TO WEAR A MASK.

FUCK this backwards-ass country.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-05-06 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The narrative has already been intentionally shifted. Opening the country is now worth who knows how many lives.

Actually we might know. The early estimates were 100,000 to 240,000 and now they're saying 134,000 based on recent events. So...34,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rus-update-us/

That would be it, yep. I do hope someone asks how he came to the decision for lives are less important than the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The narrative has already been intentionally shifted. Opening the country is now worth who knows how many lives.
    But we need to prevent deaths of this pear!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He's going to focus on the November election instead of trying to solve the COVID-19 crisis, which ironically this recent move just might be the final nail in the coffin for his re-election bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Also: Fucking. What?!!!!

Three family members charged in shooting death of security guard who told a customer to put on a face mask

The rage that is boiling up inside of me right now--I have no words. If Trump would quit fucking PUSHING for the US to "reopen" and start pushing some fucking FACTS through--like wearing a mask where obligated to do so, instead of parading around without one IN A MASK FACTORY (which probably contaminated any masks he came close to)--then maybe we'd have fewer instances of emboldened fuckwits SHOOTING SOMEONE FOR TELLING THEM TO WEAR A MASK.

FUCK this backwards-ass country.
    I guess that these three idiots have forgotten how "your rights end where anothers begin." also apply to peoples right to live. Then again, seem like a lot of a certain group of people have just forgotten that the saying is applied by the american constitution as a whole.

Which leads to this: HOW IS KILLING SOMEONE WHO IS JUST DOING THEIR JOB GOING TO HELP ANYTHING?!

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, in other news, the Daily Show continuing to show side to side hypocrisy of the right. Today's subject: Tucker Carlson
    Last edited by Odinfrost; 2020-05-06 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    He's going to focus on the November election instead of trying to solve the COVID-19 crisis, which ironically this recent move just might be the final nail in the coffin for his re-election bid.
    Doubt it, his base will continue to vote and those that are somehow on the fence will probably go over to Trump as well for no real reason. It's rather likely he'll be elected and in fact I'll pretty much bet money on that. Stupid usually wins the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever happened to Skroe? I used to enjoy him shitting on Trump and his supporters with what were essentially research papers.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect