Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    How is it exaggerated and not under control at the same time?
    I wish we had tRump here with us to answer that dilemma. I could not wait for the offtopic word salad that follows.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Corona is exaggerated and if the Democrats didn't go full retard and allowed protests to occur the Coronavirus would have been under control such as Europe. And are you talking about chloroquine? make the study that says it kills people has been peer reviewed and found to be thrash.
    Most of europe went into an actual lockdown and stayed there for 3-4 months.
    The US did not.

That is why the US is getting fucked and Europe isn't.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you weren't sure how much FB's increasing advertising boycott, related to FB's lax policy on enforcing hate speech rules on political candidates, Coca-Cola's 30 day hiatus is seven billion dollars and they're hardly the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, after staying in DC to promote “LAW & ORDER” Trump snuck out to his golf course. Because of course he did.
    He probably did that while tweeting about his latest victory in the polls.

Oh wait, sorry, I spelled that wrong. I said "polls" when I meant to say "Hannity interview TV ratings". Sorry, I got confused when Trump said

Do not believe the Fake News Media. Oklahoma speech had the highest Saturday television ratings in @FoxNews history. @seanhannity dominated T.V. with my interview on Thursday night, more than @CNN & MSDNC COMBINED. These are the real polls, the Silent Majority, not FAKE POLLS!
    I saw some of our resident Trump supporters stop by to briefly make false statements without evidence, then leave. I politely invite them to comment on Trump's weekend of golfing and tweeting when
    a) he said he'd stay in the White House and work, and
    b) there's a spreading lethal virus outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only reason he didn’t go on the trip is they have a mandatory quarantine for morons who hold rallies in Arizona and Oklahoma.
    Sorry, but no.

“The president is deemed to be in the essential workforce category and therefore he is welcome to New Jersey," Murphy said during a Friday news conference. "There was no either private or public signal from us otherwise.”

The White House is being pretty mum about the real reason he didn't go, but as the article said there are supposedly thunderstorms predicted for the area so it wouldn't surprise me if it was something that small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corona is exaggerated and if the Democrats didn't go full retard and allowed protests to occur the Coronavirus would have been under control such as Europe.
    Uhm... Civil rights protestors wore masks, which is why there is no spike in NY or WA. The states having spikes are red states that trusted Trump. Civil rights protestors, didn’t have the same issue as Open Up protestors, because they didn’t listen to Trump. In fact, most countries that are still fucked, are like US and Brazil, where leadership chose to follow Trump’s path... including buying millions of dollars worth of chloroquine.

And are you talking about chloroquine? make the study that says it kills people has been peer reviewed and found to be thrash.
    WHO drops hydroxychloroquine from Covid-19 clinical trial
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/17/...linical-trial/

What does the FDA’s hydroxychloroquine decision mean for Covid-19 patients or politicians? And 4 other burning questions
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/16/...s-politicians/

Covid-19: VA Study Points to Increased Mortality with Hydroxychloroquine
    https://www.physiciansweekly.com/cov...xychloroquine/

Largest Study Yet Finds Chloroquine Increases Risk of Death in COVID-19 Patients
    https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-st...-risk-of-death

Statement: Lupus Foundation of America Urges Manufacturers of Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine to Ensure Supply to Treat Lupus
    https://www.lupus.org/news/lupus-fou...ne-chloroquine

Measures to protect Trump from coronavirus scale up even as he seeks to move on
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/polit...ols/index.html

Maybe stop listening to politicians for medical advice? Especially this politician:

Why is it the two countries reporting the most cases, are two countries that put millions behind chloroquine, instead of helping their constituents? You think it’s a coincidence?

Edit: Oh and before any claims of off topic, chloroquine is 100% Trump’s fault. There isn’t a single other president that would do something so stupid.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-27 at 03:43 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Edit: Oh and before any claims of off topic, chloroquine is 100% Trump’s fault. There isn’t a single other president that would do something so stupid.
    You can ignore that particular gripe from the drive-by trolls. The reason COVID-19 is being discussed so heavily here is precisely BECAUSE Trump and his sycophants have been fucking up the response since day one which means this discussion absolutely does belong in this TRUMP SHITSHOW thread.

EDIT: Speaking of which: Another day, another new record for Florida. They're reporting 9,585 new cases today.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-06-27 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hate to break it to you "genius" but the virus wasn't under control even before the protests.
    In fact, Trump tweeted support for protestors who explicitly didn’t take precautions, because they were protesting a virus. The only people who suddenly forgot that Trump was encouraging protesting without masks, for the injustice of getting your hair did, are Trump supporters. The same people who were attacking nurses and forcing health officials to resign, because Trump supporters threaten their lives for speaking the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You can ignore that particular gripe from the drive-by trolls. The reason COVID-19 is being discussed so heavily here is precisely BECAUSE Trump and his sycophants have been fucking up the response since day one which means this discussion absolutely does belong in this TRUMP SHITSHOW thread.
    lol... I brought that discussion here, from... you will never guess... from the European Statue destroying thread. Don’t ask... I participated in that off topic swerve and I’m not even sure how that turned.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

lol... I brought that discussion here, from... you will never guess... from the European Statue destroying thread. Don’t ask... I participated in that off topic swerve and I’m not even sure how that turned.
    Oh no, you weren't the first to bring it up here. Something crawled out from under a rock to complain that COVID-19 was off-topic here a page or two ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    casting pearls before swine

he's been told that repeatedly, and he's just decided to endlessly do it and then whining about mods
    just let him rot in the endless cycle he's choosing to run
    Check the expiration on the latest infraction... oh well, I always got a smile on my face, when I saw thread with him as the latest post... gave me something to do at 3 am, before I successfully dozed off...

Check the expiration on the latest infraction...
    How do you check that for other people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    How do you check that for other people?
    Click their name -> latest posts -> check last couple of posts for infraction -> click the red flag of the infraction. It will show when the infraction expires. If it’s 3 month, for a poster that gets infracted regularly, it’s the end of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    Quoting WaPo:

“If I could go back and redo anything, it probably would have been to slow down the opening of bars, now seeing the aftermath of how quickly the coronavirus spreads in the bar setting,” Texas governor Abbott said in an evening interview with KVIA in El Paso.

That's him admitting the outbreak is on him.
    My wife had a good laugh about that particular quote. "How could I have forseen this thing that was already known and that we were warned against doing?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife had a good laugh about that particular quote. "How could I have forseen this thing that was already known and that we were warned against doing?!"
    It’s what you get for listening to Trump.

Uhm... Civil rights protestors wore masks, which is why there is no spike in NY or WA.
    Are you fucking serious?

It’s what you get for listening to Trump.
    I just feel sorry for the constituents of the governors who thought it was a good idea to follow Trump's lead. They're getting totally fucked right now and it's not entirely their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking serious?
    Yes, I am very serious... remember, crazy liberals are the ones wearing masks, to protect Trump’s constituents. It’s why Trump is losing the 64+ demographic... liberals actually wore masks while protesting, because unlike Trump’s, they are not a death cult.

Edit: Explain to me, why there are not spikes in NY or WA, where protests happened the most? Why are there spikes in Arizona and Texas, that saw less protests, but followed Trump’s bullshit?

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel sorry for the constituents of the governors who thought it was a good idea to follow Trump's lead. They're getting totally fucked right now and it's not entirely their fault.
    It really does suck that it takes 120 thousand dead Americans for a lot of these people to wake the fuck up. Any other president and we would be leading the world...

Edit: Leading the world in how little impact covid had, not in number of cases. We got leadership on cases, down... Trump number one on that one.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-27 at 04:56 PM.

It's entirely the fault of the people who voted them in. There's not really an excuse. If this was 30 years ago, there might have been an excuse, as there wasn't the same type of denialism in the GOP then.

- - - Updated - - -

It really does suck that it takes 120 thousand dead Americans for a lot of these people to wake the fuck up. Any other president and we would be leading the world...
    It's going to take a lot more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am very serious... remember, crazy liberals are the ones wearing masks, to protect Trump’s constituents. It’s why Trump is losing the 64+ demographic... liberals actually wore masks while protesting, because unlike Trump’s, they are not a death cult.

Edit: Explain to me, why there are not spikes in NY or WA, where protests happened the most? Why are there spikes in Arizona and Texas, that saw less protests, but followed Trump’s bullshit?
    Well, for one, they were handing out free masks at the entrances and throughout the CHOP zone in Seattle when I visited. It was probably 90%+ mask-wearing that I saw.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Heres a place i think should be unionrically looted and burnt to the ground
    and its also a symbol of white supremacy so it fits perfect with the theme of the protests

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Heres a place i think should be unionrically looted and burnt to the ground
    and its also a symbol of white supremacy so it fits perfect with the theme of the protests
    No thanks. Not a fan of attacking embassies.