Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Linkin Park tweet about ordering a cease and desist has comments that......man, should be nuked from the face of the Earth.

Basically, Chester Bennington (the lead singer of Linkin Park who killed himself a couple years ago after a long history of depression) was big on anti-sex trafficking causes. Apparently, so was Anthony Bourdain. So there's a shit ton of Trump supporters saying that these two men were actually secretly huge supporters of Donald Trump (who has lied repeatedly about his record of pursuing sex traffickers), and they were KILLED (and not suicides) by leftists looking to protect their secret sex trafficking trade.

Like, holy shit.
    Trumpsters are self blinded fools that believe a con man is looking out for them. The man would step right over you if you were lying on the sidewalk dying as he strolled down the street. If he would give only a single strand of his hair to save their lives, hell it could be but a single word. Yet Trump wouldn't give it to save even a single life of his devoted cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Linkin Park tweet about ordering a cease and desist has comments that......man, should be nuked from the face of the Earth.

Basically, Chester Bennington (the lead singer of Linkin Park who killed himself a couple years ago after a long history of depression) was big on anti-sex trafficking causes. Apparently, so was Anthony Bourdain. So there's a shit ton of Trump supporters saying that these two men were actually secretly huge supporters of Donald Trump (who has lied repeatedly about his record of pursuing sex traffickers), and they were KILLED (and not suicides) by leftists looking to protect their secret sex trafficking trade.

Like, holy shit.
    How dumb are the fuckers? They seem to jump on board every conspiracy theory out there, as easily as it is to breath. Maybe eugenics wasn't such a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe eugenics wasn't such a bad idea.
    The problem with eugenics is that these are the people who think they're superior.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think anyone will take any chances 2016 is still painfully fresh in a lot of people's minds.
    We absolutely must stay completely vigilant all the way through Jan 20.

But we can still enjoy some good news

Two polls, both of which have Trump below 40%. I'll link one of them:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...193500582.html

Title: Joe Biden opens up biggest national poll lead over Trump since securing nomination as independents abandon president

Gist of the article: Biden has opened up a 52-37 lead. The other poll has Trump at 39%.

This is a good sign. Upper 30s gives a BIT of breathing room. Lower 30s is better, upper 20s is the goal.

EDIT: 538 has Biden leading 50.5 to 41.6. Hopefully a new set of polls will show some deterioration in Trump's numbers. Rasmussen is the main outlier, showing Biden +3. All the rest have Biden up with nice leads.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-07-19 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The problem with eugenics is that these are the people who think they're superior.
    That's ok, we'll just tell them the sterilizer/poison protects them from HAARP and gay frogs.

If unidentifiable thugs in unmarked military garb came and dragged you to random van unconstitutionally would you be within your rights to shoot in self-defense in Portland?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'd be willing to cut random strangers, especially anyone outside of the US, a lot of slack about mixing up Lewis and Cummings. Millions of Americans wouldn't be able to tell you the name of most politicians, even their own representatives, if you showed them a picture.

But if you work in congress or have been in politics for any amount of time then there's really no excuse.
    I have facial blindness so most people look the same to me. but if I was posting a picture of somebody I'd still know to make sure it's the right person first by getting it from a reliable source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I have facial blindness so most people look the same to me. but if I was posting a picture of somebody I'd still know to make sure it's the right person first by getting it from a reliable source
    See this is a sensible answer why can't you be in Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always nice to see what's new on The Lincoln Project's website.

Just from the last week:

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    You know it's wild to think that it's 3AM and I'm here eating pasta while there's like actual gestapo in Portland.

Oh, point of order: we should start referring to this as the Trump regime rather than the administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If unidentifiable thugs in unmarked military garb came and dragged you to random van unconstitutionally would you be within your rights to shoot in self-defense in Portland?
    Yeah I think so: “A person reasonably believes another person is using or about to use deadly force against him or her.”

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Trumpsters are self blinded fools that believe a con man is looking out for them. The man would step right over you if you were lying on the sidewalk dying as he strolled down the street. If he would give only a single strand of his hair to save their lives, hell it could be but a single word. Yet Trump wouldn't give it to save even a single life of his devoted cultists.
    Don't forget they also believe that Stephen Colbert when playing Stephen Colbert on the Colbert report was in fact a savvy GOP talking head not a satirist making fun of them the entire time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    We absolutely must stay completely vigilant all the way through Jan 20.

But we can still enjoy some good news

Two polls, both of which have Trump below 40%. I'll link one of them:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...193500582.html

Title: Joe Biden opens up biggest national poll lead over Trump since securing nomination as independents abandon president

Gist of the article: Biden has opened up a 52-37 lead. The other poll has Trump at 39%.

This is a good sign. Upper 30s gives a BIT of breathing room. Lower 30s is better, upper 20s is the goal.

EDIT: 538 has Biden leading 50.5 to 41.6. Hopefully a new set of polls will show some deterioration in Trump's numbers. Rasmussen is the main outlier, showing Biden +3. All the rest have Biden up with nice leads.
    Next we will have GP post a poll showing how strong Trumps numbers are when he gets back up to 40%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How dumb are the fuckers? They seem to jump on board every conspiracy theory out there, as easily as it is to breath. Maybe eugenics wasn't such a bad idea.
    Been saying this for years... I can’t find the article, but I think post finally had an article on it last week.

QAnon is the convergence of all conspiracy theories... I don’t know how to explain it, but it starts at JFK... that’s how wide the net is. The only constant is that Trump, who is on record saying shit like Epstein likes them young and has been in all the elite circles they claim democrats are in, is the pure hearted fighting it all. It’s amazingly bizarre and even more stupid... but, it convinces people that they are smarter than anyone else for knowing it, so it works on dumb people with major ego issues.

In fact, I have a great slogan for QAnon...

QAnon: ‘If you feel like an idiot in the real world, be a genius in ours.’

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I like your avatar... Kind of implies that people not wearing masks are dumber than a murloc... 2 thumbs up! Solid smile on my face... thank you!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It would seem strange if you couldn't legally defend yourself against armed people with no identification rolling up on you and trying to abduct you. But the way things are, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you couldn't.

Nor would it surprise me if they were doing this specifically to provoke a violent reaction so that they could escalate further.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-07-19 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sadly we have assholes like Flynn signal boosting their shit by literally ending the oath of office with QAnon’s actual slogan.
    Why wouldn’t they? QAnon is the base that’s letting Trump and his cronies get away with all this shit. All of the crazies that used to take arguing against corruption to an extreme of conspiracy theories, are now defending corruption by attacking mostly civilians with no actual power. Can you imagine any other pre-Trump conspiracy, where hiring Acosta as the labor secretary, was a way that Trump will punish these people that let Epstein get away? Having Mark Foley in a prominent position during a Trump rally?

It’s the same thing as Hillary and Bill Gates being globalist, because each has a huge charity. While the guy fighting them, had a pandemic travel ban, that literally excluded his golf courses, until people tossed a fit. That doesn’t make any sense...

Again, same as blaming Gates for covid, because he needs more money or something about mind control. Being fought by a hospitality mogul, demanding that hospitality business open up, as they are the heaviest hit by covid. Again, bizarre conspiracy, that defends Trump, who owns hotels, golf courses and other real state directly impacted by shut downs aimed at stopping the virus.

Edit: People keep asking how the rest of the world seems to mostly be doing better than US... which seems like a silly question to me... no one else has a mogul, in the industry heaviest hit by solutions to stop the virus, as their president. You really think that if this virus somehow spared hospitality, but attacked IT industry, the reaction would be the same?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-19 at 12:57 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why wouldn’t they? QAnon is the base that’s letting Trump and his cronies get away with all this shit. All of the crazies that used to take arguing against corruption to an extreme of conspiracy theories, are now defending corruption by attacking mostly civilians with no actual power. Can you imagine any other pre-Trump conspiracy, where hiring Acosta as the labor secretary, was a way that Trump will punish these people that let Epstein get away? Having Mark Foley in a prominent position during a Trump rally?

It’s the same thing as Hillary and Bill Gates being globalist, because each has a huge charity. While the guy fighting them, had a pandemic travel ban, that literally excluded his golf courses, until people tossed a fit. That doesn’t make any sense...

Again, same as blaming Gates for covid, because he needs more money or something about mind control. Being fought by a hospitality mogul, demanding that hospitality business open up, as they are the heaviest hit by covid. Again, bizarre conspiracy, that defends Trump, who owns hotels, golf courses and other real state directly impacted by shut downs aimed at stopping the virus.
    Yeah we get it your evil racist plutocrat corrupt rapists are better than theirs for reasons. Change the record. Do fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Klosenvasten View Post
    Yeah we get it your evil racist plutocrat corrupt rapists are better than theirs for reasons. Change the record. Do fuck off.
    Evidence, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t want do dive down that rabbit hole. These people are literally ruining their marriages and other personal relationships with their insanity. Hence all the videos being shot in cars. If they shot them in the house someone would be telling them how stupid they are.
    Not posting it, but there is a video of a flat earther talking about his nonsense in the kitchen of his house. In the middle of it, you can hear his wife yelling at him to stop this stupid nonsense and get the fuck out of the kitchen. All other videos are recorded in his car...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosenvasten View Post
    I don’t have any... I don’t support any politician. I’m sorry, this ‘you are as bad as me’ bullshit, doesn’t work on me. I’m not and can’t be that bad... sorry...

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve seen it. That guy is hilarious.
    ... and dangerous... he numb nuts keeps filming while driving...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Evidence, please.
    My evidence of who he is, is written in his post... see the “your” in what you quoted.

Edit: And since we have a true believer in our midsts... @Klosenvasten with Trump’s history of sexual abuse and QAnon penchant to ignore and blame everyone else... to be fair and balanced... Biden smelled a girl’s hair... Trump better bust into her dressing room and get to the bottom of this. Melania is getting kind of old anyway... any Eastern European ladies that were not even born when Trump turned 50, interested? Send your a/s/l to Gulliani, with current pics... no fatties...

Edit: @Klosenvasten how old was Milania when Trump was 35? I guess when Trump laughed about Epstein liking them young, there was something relatable there. lulz?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-19 at 01:19 PM.

From Fox News Sunday:
    WALLACE: But can you give a, can you give a direct answer you will accept the election?

TRUMP: I have to see. Look, you – I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.

Danger zoneeeee wooooaaaaahhhhhhhh danger zone.