The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Trump in the Chris Wallace interview:

Trump speaking on the phone to Inhofe:

Does anyone else believe that Trump's super-secret polling is really just looking at the number of retweets on Twitter?
    I actually fear that the Super Secret polling and the silent supporters of Trump are just more of the groundwork to claim the election illegitimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else believe that Trump's super-secret polling is really just looking at the number of retweets on Twitter?
    He is simply lying...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    uuuuh https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air

alot of other bad shit in there but that takes the biscuit
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU FUCKING HEARTLESS EGOCENTRIC ASSHAT! Jesus, does Donald have a single good bone in his nearest family, because the closest I can think of is Mary which shows more of Trumps BS in her book, but part of the reason for this books existence is that it can make her money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I actually fear that the Super Secret polling and the silent supporters of Trump are just more of the groundwork to claim the election illegitimate.
    Indeed... just remember, Trump had an investigation into voter fraud in 2016 elections. He ended it before it finished, but if he is willing to do it in 2016, who know what he will do in 2020... win or lose...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting article about how top FBI agents hid evidence to preserve it, in case Trump ordered the FBI to drop their investigation of him.

The article is quite long, and covers the full investigation. Interestingly, the author points out that a criminal case against Trump for Obstruction was "very easy and straightforward", will all elements fairly clear.

Trump in the Chris Wallace interview:

Trump speaking on the phone to Inhofe:

That or shit he just wants to believe because he's surrounded himself with cocksucking yes men.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/o...ronavirus.html

lol when the co-founder of the Federalist Society calls you a fash
    Zowie. It's almost like Trump is too fascist.... Or they are just covering their butts.

The Senate Majority whip had some terrific quote when Trump was doing his Hourly Flirtation with Impeachable Acts on Twitter, saying we've had November elections (referring to the Presidential Election) since 1778 and we're probably going to keep doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU FUCKING HEARTLESS EGOCENTRIC ASSHAT! Jesus, does Donald have a single good bone in his nearest family, because the closest I can think of is Mary which shows more of Trumps BS in her book, but part of the reason for this books existence is that it can make her money.
    Not giving Trump any credit, but I highly doubt Kush had a plan that would actually work. He is just like his father-in-law, a grifter livingniff the coattails of his father. Failing up with nothing of substance to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Not giving Trump any credit, but I highly doubt Kush had a plan that would actually work. He is just like his father-in-law, a grifter livingniff the coattails of his father. Failing up with nothing of substance to show for it.
    He was crowdsourcing ideas from his rich buddies on Facebook - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...acebook-127941

Great plan. Bigly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Honestly, them saying they have no plan would still be INFINITELY better than that shit! "Do nothing and blame the governors from the states hit" is horrible. I mean, isn't the Administration meant to be the Administration of all Americans, and not just the ones that bend over backwards for their every whim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Honestly, them saying they have no plan would still be INFINITELY better than that shit! "Do nothing and blame the governors from the states hit" is horrible. I mean, isn't the Administration meant to be the Administration of all Americans, and not just the ones that bend over backwards for their every whim?
    There's a lot of things that the Administration is supposed to be that it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Don't worry GOP's got this!!
    Fighting for the little people!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/repu...us-checks.html

PERSONAL FINANCE
    Republican senators propose $1,000 stimulus checks

wait, what.....umm....the...fuck...

umm, i guess it helps some people if you have 2 or more kids.....
    They're rewarding the owners of fuck trophies. Think of the children!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They're rewarding the owners of fuck trophies. Think of the children!
    Frankly, I'd prefer trump keep his mind off children after that 13 year olds deposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    uuuuh https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air

alot of other bad shit in there but that takes the biscuit
    "Don't worry guys, this Deadly Virus running rampant and unchecked isn't a problem because it's only happening in Democrat states!!! There's no way it can leak into the surrounding countryside, so why bother doing anything???"

These people are fucking retarded and unabashedly evil, holy fucking shit.

68,569 new cases; slightly fewer than last Thursday.

Florida: 9,956 new cases; 252 deaths (new record)
    Texas: 8,843 new cases; 322 deaths (new record)
    California: 8,174 new cases; 114 deaths
    Georgia: 3,963 new cases; 29 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,588 new cases (new record); 41 deaths
    Arizona: 2,525 new cases; 172 deaths (new record)
    Tennessee: 2,049 new cases; 13 deaths
    Alabama: 1,980 new cases; 27 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,775 new cases (new record); 48 deaths (new record)
    Illinois: 1,772 new cases; 16 deaths
    Ohio: 1,754 new cases (new record); 27 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,726 new cases; 52 deaths
    Missouri: 1,712 new cases (new record); 17 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,708 new cases; 42 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,117 new cases; 13 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,059 new cases; 8 deaths
    Nevada: 1,018 new cases; 21 deaths

The four initial states to start off this round of the pandemic have definitely plateaued and in the case of all but Florida cases seem to be slowly declining now on average. Unfortunately states neighboring them--primarily the South and Midwest--are still seeing increases in numbers. Noting so drastic as the first four yet, but time will tell whether or not they start listening to reason. In any case we've had a good stretch of days with totals lower than the previous week, so hopefully that continues on into the next week.

Deaths, again, are climbing as expected. 1,465 today for a total of 155,285. Florida, Texas and Arizona are being hit hardest which isn't a surprise given that they were three of the first to start this outbreak off. Trump tried to use Florida's numbers as an excuse to prove schools should be reopening on time today...when they posted their highest daily death count ever. Fuck Trump and fuck Florida. Other states being hit hard currently are the Carolinas and Mississippi, for example. This will continue into next week meaning 160k dead is not far off.

Stay safe, folks.

Florida YOU HAVE ENOUGH RECORDS PLEASE STOP SETTING NEW RECORDS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Florida YOU HAVE ENOUGH RECORDS PLEASE STOP SETTING NEW RECORDS.
    How do you solve a problem like Florida? How do you catch a clown and pin him down?

"We succeeded and people just don't want to recognize it," he blustered. Then, jabbing his finger at reporters, he scolded the press: "You've got a lot of people in your profession who waxed poetically for weeks and weeks about how Florida was going to be just like New York," he said.

That was May 20. A little less than 10 weeks later, Florida, with DeSantis at the helm, has become a global ground zero for Covid-19 cases and a poster child for the Trump administration and its closest allies' failures in responding to the pandemic.
    How do you find a word that means Florida? A bottomless pit, a piece of shit, a farce?

Florida's coronavirus-related deaths increased by a new record of 253 residents Thursday, the third day in a row the state set a single-day record for virus-related deaths.

The 253 deaths come a day after the state confirmed 216 COVID-related deaths on Wednesday. Florida reported 186 deaths on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Texas: 8,843 new cases; 322 deaths (new record)
    Hoo boy. I thought the last new record was a correction. That doesn't seem realistic now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching the speeches that Bush Jr, Clinton, and Obama gave at the Lewis funeral. Good fucking god how have we fallen so far. I was never a big fan of Bush Jr (though, admittedly he seems like someone that would have been fun to have a beer with) but even Bush Jr makes trump look like a mental midget.

... and then there is the fact that Trump couldn't even be bothered to show at the funeral for such a prestigious figure. What a weak figure of a statesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hoo boy. I thought the last new record was a correction. That doesn't seem realistic now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seems like they’re starting to count more accurately after that recent big correction they did.
    The correction is ongoing apparently so we'll likely see 300+ numbers for a few days at least. There's also this other message for today which muddies the waters a bit:

Texas
    From the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS): "July 30: Cumulative fatalities have been corrected for July 27, 28 and 29. As DSHS shifted to using death certificate data to count fatalities this week, an automation error caused approximately 225 fatalities to be included that did not have COVID-19 listed as a direct cause of death. A manual quality check revealed the issue late Wednesday."
    I'm having a bad pain day so I might just be too mentally preoccupied to parse that correctly, but it sounds like they took 225 deaths OFF the total and it's still 300+. Or am I reading that completely wrong?